- Save 20% on OREI WorldTravel Adapter, when you purchase anything from Bombay Electronics Here's how (restrictions apply)
Other Sellers on Amazon
OREI European Plug Adapter Schuko Type E/F for Germany, France, Europe, Russia - Grounded 2 in 1
This item at this price, sold by Amazon.com, is currently reserved exclusively for Prime members.Prime free trial and invitee customers: We will automatically apply an Amazon.com Gift Card to your Gift Card Balance in the amount equal to the Prime exclusive discount after you become a paid Prime member. If you cancel your paid Prime membership or return the qualifying smartphone within the first 3 months of your paid Prime membership, we may void your Gift Card or charge you in the amount of the Gift Card. Terms and Conditions apply.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Will Not Work In Switzerland (TYPE J), UK (TYPE G), Italy (TYPE L), See our other OREI Adapters
- Will work in France / Germany / Greece / Hungary / Iceland / Latvia / Lithuania / Luxembourg / Macedonia / Montenegro / the Netherlands / Norway / Poland / Portugal / Romania / Serbia / Spain / Slovakia / Slovenia / Sweden/ Turkey / Ukraine
- Will Work in Albania / Austria / Belgium / Bosnia-Herzegovina/ Bulgaria / Croatia / Cyprus / the Czech Republic / Denmark / Estonia / Finland /
- Output: "Type E/F" Suitable for Germany, France, Parts of Europe, Russia, etc. New conductivity design - internal metal interfaces provides better conductivity. Grounded Schuko Prong plug. Max Capacity Up to 3000 Watt (max 250 Volt, 13 A)
- Designed with double ports (receptacles) allow you to plug-in two electrical devices (connectors) at once (Does not Convert Voltage), US Patented Universal Input: Accepts plugs from all countries (except the Type M - big S. Africa 8.7mm Plug)
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
TYPE E/F - SCHUKO
Suitable for Germany, France, Europe, Russia, etc
Patented Universal Socket
Designed to accept wide variety of two prong or three prong plugs from around the world. Note: Doesn't accept the Big Type M plug from S Africa.
2 in 1 Input
Accepts two plug-ins at once. (1- 2 or 3 prong plug & 2nd 2-prong plug)
Commonly used in Continental Europe, Middle East, some parts of Africa and Asia. NOTE: This adapter will not work in UK, Ireland, Italy, and Switzerland.
Compare to similar items
This item OREI European Plug Adapter Schuko Type E/F for Germany, France, Europe, Russia - Grounded 2 in 1
|Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping||FREE Shipping|
|Sold By||Bombay Electronics||Amazon.com||Voltage Converter Store||PoweraddDirect||TravelMore||Amazon.com|
|Item Dimensions||1 x 1 x 1 in||2 x 3 x 1 in||—||4.5 x 8.2 x 2.3 in||—||1 x 1 x 1 in|
|Item Weight||1.6 ounces||4.8 ounces||—||0.75 lb||—||—|
Grounded Universal plug adapter with the patented universal receptacle design that accepts plugs from most countries including the US and Canada. The 'Type E /F' plug adapter is grounded and fits in to Shucko outlets in countries such as Germany, France and more. Key Features, US Patented Universal Input: Accepts plugs from all countries (except the Type M - big S. Africa 8.7mm Plug), Output: Type E or Type F Suitable for Germany, France, etc. New conductivity design - internal metal interfaces provides better conductivity. New insulated design - half-way covered by plastic, provides better safety protection, 10~16A/250V, 4.8 mm, 4.8 mm prongs, Insulated Voltage - Proof: 3KV, CE Approved, RoHS compliant, Patented in 36 countries, Note: Plug adapters do not convert voltage, they just change the plug type. Use a proper voltage converter along with a plug adapter if your device is incompatible with the country's voltage. Other countries include: Albania, Austria, Belgium, Bosnia-Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Iceland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Macedonia, Montenegro, Netherlands, Norway, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Serbia, Spain, Slovakia, Slovenia, Sweden, Turkey, Ukraine
Top customer reviews
If you are looking for information on what kind of adapter you will need for your electronics or whatever else you might plug in, here it is very simply:
1) This is simply an adapter, much like the one you might use at home to convert a three prong plug into a two prong one for an older outlet. It DOES NOT convert the power supply in any way!
2) To determine if you can use this adapter for your computer, phone, whatever, look at the back of your device's charging plug or power supply and look for the label with all the small print electrical information on it. Somewhere on the label, near the top, you will see the word "INPUT" with some numbers following it, usually (hopefully) "100-240v." If it DOES have those numbers (100-240v, sometimes 100-250v) you can use this adapter almost anywhere around the world without any problems because your power supply can handle any voltage within the range of 100 and 240 volts and if there is a place in the world outside that range, I don't know where it is. Your device's power source is handling the conversions you need to safely operate your device so all you need is this adapter so it will fit in the local outlet.
3) On some devices, especially older ones and things like curling irons and hair dryers, that "INPUT" area will only have one number, probably "110v." That device will not convert correctly and you will immediately, with nasty smells, burn out whatever you try to plug in when the massive 220v power surges through your unprepared device. I wouldn't even bother taking stuff like that overseas.
The price was very low and considering how I had no problems with any of them, I would rate them as an excellent value. Since the price is so low, I would recommend purchasing two so you have one as a back-up or for the occasional travel companion who, inevitably, doesn't even think about stuff like this.
Why is this OREU plug ideal and will actually work for you when other plug adapters will fail?
- This plug has a circular face for the European component. This is critical. Some Western European countries have square surface inputs and some have recessed circular inputs for their power plugs. The circular surface of this OREI plug fits ALL types of Western European power plugs. If you get a plug adapter with a square face, you cannot use the recessed circular input plugs. In the Netherlands, all they had were recessed circular inputs for their plugs. In France where I saw both types, this plugged worked every time.
- Having two input sources for US type plugs is great for practical use. Many European hotels have few power plugs to begin with, so an adapter that doubles the usable outlets is huge if you have a cell phone, laptop, electric razor, etc.
Note 1: this OREI plug I am reviewing takes a USA plug (3 or 2 prong) as input and gives you a European (Germany, France, Belgium, Luxembourg, Netherlands not England) standard plug.
Note 2: this is a power adapter in that it lets you plug in a USA input and has a European standard output. This device does NOT convert voltage. If you are powering a low Wattage device (generally less than 100 watts) you do not need a voltage converter. Recall that Watts = volts * amps. Charging your cell phone, laptop, razor, digital camera, will be fine with this OREI plug adapter. You do not need a voltage adapter. You can double check if you are unsure by reading the power adapter of your device, it will tell you on the adapter what range is allowed for power. Generally you are fine in the 120volt through 240volt range for small electronics.
Overall this plug adapter is very inexpensive and I highly recommend it. It saved me a ton of hassle once in Europe. I can confirm it works in Netherlands, France, Belgium, and Luxembourg.
Be aware, however, that some nicer hotels in Cuzco and Lima will have 110V outlets as an amenity, so it's advisable to call your hotel first to inquire.
I had a to work a little to plug in two devices at one time because the adapter for the device often didn't fit well on the "top" outlet. It wasn't a big deal but something to keep in mind.
Of course, this product provides the adapter for a the plug. It doesn't adjust for a country different voltage so you need to make sure the device you are charging can handle the voltage and Hz in your destination country. Most modern electronics do handle different voltages but check the fine print on your plug.