Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Even Eagles Need a Push: Learning to Soar in a Changing World
Amazon Vehicles Up to 80 Percent Off Textbooks Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Snacks Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer TheKicks TheKicks TheKicks  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Florida Georgia Line Water Sports

Format: Paperback|Change

on July 23, 1998
Embarking upon the "road less traveled by," is a courageous thing. David McNally has done just that. Not only does he travel that road himself, but he paves the way and creates a map, as he goes, for those who might follow behind him. In his book, Even Eagles Need A Push, you'll find the stuff that life is made of; the stuff that helps us to put meanning and purpose to our own lives. I was drowning in storms of confusion and darkness. Thunder was the only sound my ears could hear, and my eyes were blinded by the flashes of lightening, when McNally's Eagles came out of nowhere. They taught me how to fly clear of the downdrafts as I steered my way through the storms of my life, riding the high places, and embracing it's challanges. They taught me about the beauty and the glory that awaits the clearing of the storm when the sun comes out. For only in the heart of the storm, can one find the sweet smell and the thrill of victory as we master these storms. ! These events in our lives are initiations into higher levels of awarness and awakenings, as we grow, both personally and professionally. McNally goes on to show that no eagle is born an eagle, not even an eagle. We must all learn to fly, one day at a time, pushing ourselves on to the greatness and achievements we were meant for. He shares his own story of success, failure, agony, self distruction, his awakening,and his own self-discovery. He shows us the eagles runway, and his own flight back to success and the storms he, himself encountered along the way. But most important, he shows us how he did it, and how, we can do it too. So, if your present journey is is leading you onto the "road less traveled by," your trip will be greatly enhanced with a copy of David McNally's Even Eagles Need a Push, tucked carefully under your wing.....er...a...arm!
on January 6, 2001
Mr McNally's book is a useful reader for anyone who is in any kind of life transition situation. It is not just another self-help book but more importantly a confidence building journey. In many ways it offers inspirational suggestions and ideas to achieve satisfaction and success in our life journey. Having experienced failure, the author embarks on a journey to rebuild his life. In so doing, he learns some very valuable lessons. These are shared by peppering them throughout the book! Mr McNally quotes the perspective on life by an unknown author. This is interesting reading because if the reader reflects, he or she will realise that life has many facets! The book also includes some good ideas about business. As part of the discovery of the self, the reader will realise that the past cannot be changed, but you can change your tomorrows by your actions today! The author also covers career planning by walking through mission statements, goals, etc. In short, this is indeed a useful book to those who may be encountering a squall or setback in their work or personal life. You too can soar like an eagle if you try; all you may need is a little push!
on February 1, 2002
First off, don't be put off by the fact that this book was published in 1994 (copyrighted in 1990). The fact is, it's a timeless book that doesn't draw from current 'techniques' or 'ways of thinking'. It's as relevant today as it was when it was first published.
David McNally begins with the question: "Why does the thrill of soaring begin with the fear of falling?" he goes on to ask how you can overcome that fear and dare to live, and he takes you from motivation through inspiration to action. In fact, if you're prepared to work at this book (sounds strange, doesn't it), it will be you who writes the ending.
This is not so much a table-thumping "You can do it" book, as a quiet journey at your own speed that allows you to discover your own potential and teaches you how to choose your attitude and transform your life... success with dignity would sum it quite nicely.
on January 2, 2006
This book couldn't have come into my life at a better (or worse) time. I am a QM buff and have read a lot of self-help books & know the principle.

I heard a knock at my door. A man stood there and told me he had just bought my house at a foreclosure auction. I had no idea. My ex had this done behind my back after depleting the equity. I had paid for the house myself. I had no legal recourse. I did not have to let the man in but I did, he came over a week later and gave me this book. It had clearly been read by him as there was quite a bit of highlighting. This book had such an impact on me because he did more than read the book, he lived it. He did much, much more than give me a book, he gave me a push and the motivation and inspiration to start all over. At a time when I should be retired after working my whole life for everyone else. I've learned this is not the end. It's a new beginning. This man was a "winner", one in a million and he read the book and gave it to me. I will be ever thankful.
on December 25, 2000
The absolute best book I've ever read. This book is easy to read and it's hard to set down. I've read a lot of self-help books but none have motovated me as much as this book.
on September 1, 2011
I wish I had read this book when I was 18. I read Even Eagles Need A Push just this year. I have been seeking an inspiration for my 25 year old son...something that will help him "launch" his life. I wish I had read this 10 years ago and given each of of my boys a copy and then talked to them as we read through this well written, well referenced, interesting to read, practical, spiritual, challenging book. Fathers of young men will appreciate the reinforcement of moral and socially ethical guidance we hope our children learn from us, but moreover the explanation of how these are important to one's success in life. Even still. at age 53, it has inspired me to "spread my wings" and fly again.
on June 1, 2002
David McNally uses a number of quotes, anecdotes and exercises to create a sense of purpose for one's life. The book is a cross between a motivational business title like something from Zig Ziglar and a feeling-based inspirational book like something from Leo Buscaglia.
McNally encourages individuals to set goals and work daily to achieve them and succeed at them.
Readers will come away with a positive attitude that anything is possible.
on February 15, 2015
A book that allows me to participate in the logic and perspective that it promotes. The exercises, while they appear simple, are thought provoking and assist in unearthing those thoughts that may have lingered in one's mind but may never have had a structure that the book provides. I expect that when I am finished with this book I may have some answers that I have been searching for, for a long time!
on May 31, 2000
This book is an excellent source for self-motivation. It not only contain stories and motivational concepts, but also exercises for you to complete as you read. It provoked self-examination leading to self-improvement.
on August 9, 2000
A fantastic book on developing your full potential and makes you think hard about making petty excuses! Thank you David, your book has helped my life change for the better.