Evenflo Tribute 5 Convertible Car Seat Kristy
There is a newer version of this item:
- This convertible car seat helps protect rear facing infants from 5-40 lbs. and forward facing toddlers from 22-40 lbs
- The Tribute LX meets or exceeds all applicable Federal Safety Standards, as well as Evenflo's Side Impact Test Standard for Structural Integrity
- The 5-point harness system with 4 shoulder strap positions allow this convertible car seat to accommodate growing children longer
- The light and compact weight of the Tribute LX makes it an excellent choice for smaller vehicles, movement between multiple cars, and air travel
- Easy to remove machine washable seat pads allow for quick and easy cleaning; Also comes with a removable cup holder
- Side impact tested
- 5 point harness
- EPE energy absorbing foam in headrest
- Upfront harness adjustment
- Fold down cup holder
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
Top Customer Reviews
We were on a trip over the holidays this year and involved in a very severe head on car accident.
My almost 2 year old daughter walked away with a tiny bruise on her chest/neck from the strap (my one complaint about comfort with this seat is it has no cloth gaurd for the straps at the neck line) and was playing with my brother's dog later that night while the rest of us (4 adults with seat belts) were in critical to severe condition and in the hospital for many days.
I am purchasing another one to replace and can say from experience this seat did it's job!
Always be sure your kids are correctly in their seats!!!!
- Light-weight and narrow. I'm petite and not very strong at all, but it was very easy for me to get it in and out of my car or carry it up and down the stairs. It's pretty narrow so I bet you can fit 3 of them in the back of a Sedan!
- Easy to recline. There's a piece underneath the seat and all you have to do is to just flip it forward for rear-facing, and flip it backwards for forward-facing. You can not recline the seat when the car seat is already installed in the car, but most likely you will be using it for one kid and won't have to adjust the recline all the time so it's not a problem.
- Easy to adjust the shoulder strap height and crotch buckle position. You do need to rethread them, but it's super easy to do.
- Front adjuster for shoulder strap length. You just push the button in the front of the seat and pull the shoulder straps to loosen them, put the baby in the seat and do the buckle, and then pull the strap on the adjuster to make it nice and tight.
- Comes with a latch system and a tether. We don't use this but it's a nice option to have. And there are little loops on the back of the seat to hang the latches and tether when not in use, so that they won't strangle the baby or hit them.
- Comes with a little head support for the small one.
- The head support and the low-back/bottom part of the seat cover are made of vinyl type fabric, so it's easy to wipe clean.Read more ›
Why I like it:
Easy to use strap tension adjustment
Does what I need it to do without paying for a bunch of extra bells and whistles that I did not need
What it lacks, or why I did not rate it 5 stars:
The box states Made In The USA, but closer inspection of 2 labels on the opposite side of the box show the seat and cover are both made in China. This deceptive labeling really ticks me off, and I would not have bought the seat had I seen this in person before purchase just for that very reason, despite the fact that every car seat I can find is also made in China, the deception is infuriating.
It is rated as a rear facing seat for 5-40 lbs, but does not come with any additional padding for an infant on the low end of that range. A small baby would be swimming in this seat and not secure in my opinion. My other convertible seats came with additional layers that were added or removed from the seating area to accommodate these size variances. Since my son is already a toddler and pretty big for his age, this was not a problem for me when purchasing this seat, but I can certainly see it being an issue for someone intending to use it for a smaller rear facing infant, and believe it should be noted.
The cup holder is barely adequate. Again not a deal breaker for me, but worth mentioning if this is a feature that is important to you.
Also worth mentioning is that this seat cannot be used as a booster with a vehicle seat belt.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It's a decent seat to use as a travel seat but it definitely would not be my everyday seat. There's not a lot of padding and when using for rear racing it's pretty upright instead... Read morePublished 9 hours ago by Misti Miller
Comfy for my 22 pound son, very easy to install, really like the strap infront to help with final adjustments to the shoulder straps. Is exactly what I expected when I ordered it.Published 2 days ago by Hydee S.
Good basic car seat although I do wish the latch straps were longer...continue reading for reasons why. Great for traveling as its light weight. Read morePublished 2 days ago by Doug M.
Evenflo car seat is one of the most and well respected car seats I'd recommend to any part. My five month old loves this seat. Its comfortable, easy to clean. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Faith2016 :)
Barebones child seat. It protects your kid. But other than that, it feels pretty cheap. For the price, it's what I would expect. Read morePublished 3 days ago by Benjamin J. Owens