Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New Album by Fergie PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Transparent Transparent Transparent  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held GNO Shop Now STEMClubToys17_gno

Customer reviews

Format: Audio CD|Change

Showing 1-10 of 11 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 28 reviews
on July 24, 2017
Great album. Delivered as promised.
on September 6, 2017
so nice
on September 15, 2017
Coming from a major Dead-head, and Ratdog fan- I had already heard most of these tunes live, and just a few of the studio versions. This is a Bobby essential. Start to finish a quality album that is so musically full....
on October 5, 2001
I read all of these reviews and had heard half of the songs live at least once (if not many times) before I bought this disc. Bob has always been my favorite! During my first listen I was put off a bit by the production sound of the disc. I think I was just too used to that live Dead sound, because now it seems the recording is very good indeed, especially through "high end" speakers. During the first listen the only songs that really stood out for me were Ashes and Glass and October Queen. The rest seemed too studio-like and some of the poetic verses are more suited for Jerry to sing than Bob (he is the Blues man afterall). Then I listened again, and again, and again. Finally giving Ratdog credit for being Ratdog, and not the Dead, I began to appreciate this disc more and more. Overall it is an excellent album. Like the Dead, these songs are usually better live than they are on the disc. I am not sure why they do not just play them live in the studio and record it like others do (Railroad Earth is a fine example). Nevertheless, I highly recommend this to anyone who has at least some interest in either the Dead or blues in gerneral. Although different in the type of music, it is similar to listening to Shakedown Street, or Terrapin Station on cd knowing how the songs sound live. The discs are good but the live shows are better. There is no radio play of these songs, so go see Ratdog and buy this disc and enjoy. From best to worst, this is how I see the tunes: Ashes and Glass, October Queen/Deep End, Odessa, Corrina, Welcome to the World, Bury Me Standing, Lucky Enough, Even So, Two Djinn. Sorry, but despite a very nice groove after the 5 minute mark, Two Djinn just does not do it for me. Knowing how they write the songs, I am willing to bet the music later in the song was the original "jam" that was kept to make a song from and the rest the music was added later when trying to finish the song. Worth the money for sure!!
on August 5, 2014
This album exceeded my expectations. Its combining of jazz, rock and other genres creates a whole new dimension of music. The lyrics are insightful and fun as well. It makes a lot of pop and rock music sound childish in comparison. Bob Weir and Ratdog are great live and getting better. Ratdog represents the future of modern music.
on May 6, 2015
Albeit a 2001 issue, like all things Dead it's sound is relevant.A few jamming songs and a personal favorite " Corrina. Buy this one while it's still around you won't be sorry. Bobby at his usual energetic self
on November 12, 2016
great Bob as usual !
on December 22, 2015
As described, prompt delivery. Thanks very much.
on June 8, 2015
I'm speechless. Great album from Bob and all his cohorts. A remarkable achievement.
on May 21, 2009
Bob Weir and RatDog clearly entered the studio with the goal of bringing their live style of playing with them. This disc rocks and jams. I was expecting it to be enjoyable, but I was surprised to find it to be a real gem. This disc should be a part of any Deadhead's and/or RatDog fan's collection.