Salon Beauty Most Anticipated Fall Children's Books Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon outlanders3premiere outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels outlanders3premierealtText Watch Outlander on Starz with Amazon Channels  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

Customer reviews

In the Event of My Untimely Demise
Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 14 reviews(5 star). See all 26 reviews
on September 23, 2016
I didn't like that it ended too soon, l'll recommend it to my already grown three sons, some of the advise may be late, but mostly the rest is just in time and any way is a hearth warming book to read
on October 25, 2016
hilarious perspectives and turns of phrase made me read aloud several sections to share with my partner. That's high praise!
on March 29, 2010
We have a 14-month-old son, and I bought this for my husband to read on vacation. He generally isn't a reader, but I thought I would give it a shot. He loved it! I think this may be the first book he has read cover-to-cover in 10 years. I myself have not yet read it, but plan to.
on January 13, 2011
My husband loved this humorous book. For Christmas, I purchased copies for my him, and both my sons who are dads, too. It is a must read for new dads and not-so-new dads alike.
I'm a huge fan of Brian Sack's Banterist website so I pre-ordered this book. What a treat it is! Lots of laugh-out-loud moments, but also some very insightful obervations about today's society and our culture. This book would make a fabulous Baby Shower gift for new moms and dads. Better give it BEFORE the baby arrives while they have time to read it!
on June 17, 2017
Being an 'older' person pushing 80, I laughed til I shot coffee out of my nose! Chapter two should be required reading.... I know plenty of those kids who grew up to be helicopter parents and NEVER said a demanding or cross word to their little darlings. The entire book was fascinating, and of course I loved the chapter on choosing to listen to the wisdom of the older ones, especially those of us who are 'good' because we find life is easier for good people. Thank you for a refreshingly good read!
on July 27, 2017
I loved every page of this book and was sad when I finished it. Love the writing, love the humor, love the sentiment!
on May 2, 2008
"In the Event of My Untimely Demise: Twenty Things My Son Needs to Know" is a laugh a minute (or second, depending on whether or not you're speed-reading). For anyone who's ever read Mr. Sack's blog, banterist dot com, or seen any of his commentaries on The Glenn Beck Program, you won't be disappointed by his first book. It seems that whatever Brian Sack touches is comedy gold (he even co-produced, of all things, a comedy-documentary, "Johnny Berlin"). I highly recommend this book. It may yet become my third favorite piece of comedic writing behind Steve Martin's shamefully out-of-print "Cruel Shoes, and Woody Allen's "Without Feathers."
on December 11, 2013
A good laugh. Why not. In addition to causing giggles and stomachache, Mr Sack's book delivers some great advice. Well worth the buck.
on May 9, 2008
For the past few nights, I've annoyed my husband by busting out laughing while reading this book. Brian is a funny writer with a clever book that's more memoir than advice book, though I will save mine for my boys for when they're old enough to read about Irish pubs and French stalkers.