Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade 2018 Planners modern furniture and decor Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc New year, new music. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99

on October 3, 2014
I used this bag for the first time on my flight, and both ends of the shoulder strap broke before I even arrived at my gate. The bag was fairly light, filled half-full of clothes. Pictured is one end, the stitching of the strap itself ripped through on the other side.

In conclusion, pay a little more money and get a bag that holds up for more than one trip.
review image
88 comments| 257 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on August 15, 2017
Very happy with this purchase. It seems to be great quality for the price. I needed a quick answer for a spontaneous trip and I didn't have a ton of cash. The pockets are functional and the bottom has that flat support thing in the bottom of the bag. The zipper seems to be sturdy as well so if you're a overstuffer you will be fine.
on April 6, 2015
i received this bag promptly, I was looking for a cheaper gym bag that had enough room for towels, toiletries, shoes and a change of clothes for my husband who goes to the gym during work hours. The bag looks exactly as in the picture, has a lot of pockets and compartments that allow you to store a variety of items without putting everything together. The clasps of the shoulder strap seem sturdy as well and should guarantee longevity. I will update my review once the bag has been used for a while to see how it's holding up, but for now I am really satisfied!
on June 23, 2016
Most people would probably find this too much for a gym bag (and no one said it was a gym bag to start with), but it's just right for my shorts, tank top, workout sneakers, headphones, IPod, headphones, several pairs of socks, Lysol spray, water bottle ... you get the idea (and just imagine what it'd be like if I went to, say, LA Fitness, where I'd have to carry a towel, shampoo and a lock, too).

This bag holds a lot and its many pockets and compartments are perfect to separate different "classes" of items. This was a replacement bag after a duplicate I got three years ago. The problem? The velcro on the handle was starting to fail. Could I have simply replaced it on my own? Sure. But if you can't be bothered, a re-purchase is nothing to be ashamed of.
on February 23, 2016
OK ... this is a product review and a comment on the system that lacks the flexibility for individual consideration. I purchased this product approximately 32 days ago for a trip. My intent was to use the empty Gear Bag as an expansion bag allowing me to make purchases on my trip. However, while packing to return home ... when I opened the Gear Bag for the first time ... there was a gap in the zipper ... it was not fully attached to the fabric. It was useable ... but not what I would normally accept. On my return home I looked up the return policy and it was beyond the acceptable date. I could not find a way to contact the seller ... Perhaps the seller would have understood and replaced the product ... perhaps not. So ... I am disappointed and caught with a product that came damaged.
on November 29, 2015
I thought I was really going to like this bag, and aesthetically it's still right up my alley - large, can carry all my martial arts equipment, great color, lots of nifty pockets ; the works! Unfortunately, it fell apart literally within a couple of months of purchase. The large shoulder strap gets disconnected from the loops on the side of the bag entirely too easily. I wound up puncturing holes in the middle of the loops to trap the metal hooks. I suppose it may have been covered by some sort of warranty or product satisfaction type thing, but I'm a barn kid and we just jerry-rig everything. This is definitely something to keep in mind as you look for a duffel bag for yourself - it may be worth it to spend a little extra money and get something of a higher quality, especially if you plan on using it often (as I do, 4-5x a week.)
on November 28, 2014
Pros: It's inexpensive. The zippers of the main compartment can fit a combination lock.

Cons:
- You might need to jerry-rig the strap eventually. The loop metal that connects the ends of the strap to the bag are easily bent. Mine bent out of shape under not-too-heavy loads and bending it back was not a durable solution. I would try running a keychain ring through the canvas loop: difficult to do, but probably made easier the bigger the keychain ring.
- The outside compartments cannot be locked, as there is only one zipper for each compartment.
on March 13, 2017
Used it on 1 trip so far. Didn't use the shoulder straps as I don't use them much in any bag. Quality feels rubberish like most duffle bags. Really like how cheap it was. Got both a medium and large bag for less than 40 and looks great and quality seems good. Seems same quality as Nike, Adidas, or reebok.
on May 2, 2014
Bought this bag for use on an overseas trip.

Pros:
- Good size
- Works as a carry-on bag. Reading a bunch of other reviews, it seems like people have had issues with this being too large for a carry on. I'm not sure what airlines everyone else is flying on, but this bag has been absolutely no problem using as a carry on. Maybe on some of the smaller commuter jets it won't fit if it's full, but they usually make you gate check most bags anyway.
- Zippers are very smooth. It could just be that all my other luggage and backpacks are old, but the zippers on this thing glide like a hot knife through soft butter.
- Besides my shoulder strap issue below, the bag held up to some pretty good abuse.

Cons:
- The shoulder strap broke on its first use.. Not even under weight. I was actually just trying to take the shoulder strap off and one of the strap ends that connects to the metal clip that connects to the bag came apart. It's like it was the seam was never finished and just completely fell apart. That being said, all the other handles seem to be sewn on very well and be very sturdy. Shoulder strap is easily replaced, but the fact that it happened before I even used it gets the product 3 stars.
on January 5, 2017
The build quality of the bag is good, but the side rings to hold the larger shoulder strap are not well designed. By the second time I used it the rings were falling off, but the third time one got lost and I now have to look for a replacement. When I look at other similar bags that I own they all have hard plastic rings that cannot be removed or fall off the bag. Maybe they were trying to make this bag seem a higher quality by using metal rings, but they should have been fixed on the bag. Otherwise the quality of the bag and the pockets are good,
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.