Lyft Industrial Deals HPC Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Only $29.99 for a limited time Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheTick TheTick TheTick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18PP_gno

on October 3, 2014
I used this bag for the first time on my flight, and both ends of the shoulder strap broke before I even arrived at my gate. The bag was fairly light, filled half-full of clothes. Pictured is one end, the stitching of the strap itself ripped through on the other side.

In conclusion, pay a little more money and get a bag that holds up for more than one trip.
review image
88 comments| 260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on March 16, 2017
My intention when buying this bag was to upgrade to a bigger gym bag. I was a little skeptical as dimension wise it is only 3 inches more then my Reebok bag bought at Target several years ago.
Once this was delivered I quickly packed all my clothes and had plenty of extra room for my towel and other burly products. I no longer have to carry a stuffed full bag every morning.
It is a little bulkier to carry but I think it is due to having a piece of stiff board to keep the bottom flat. The shoulder straps are nice and feels a lot lighter then it is.

Pros:
Spacious
Side pockets fit heels well
Large front pocket
Feels lighter to carry

Cons:
Bulky
No extra inside pockets to hold things in place

****Edit:after having this bag for a few months and using 5 days a week for gym/work clothes the metal clips are pulling apart the fabric. Very disappointed And dropped my rating down to 2 stars!!
review imagereview image
on January 11, 2017
Researched Amazon.com and purchased two of these duffel bags (navy w/ blk trim). They were dlivered today. Box arrived in good condition. Upon opening the box, I inspected and found a manufacturer flaw on one of the duffel bags.

These duffel bags come with a carrying strap. And, on one of the Carrying Straps the pin was missing from one end of the strap latch... making it impossible to latch one end of the shoulder strap to the duffel bag. The simple and easy fix would be for Everest Luggage or Amazon to simply send me another strap with a working latch clasp. However, the system seems to require I RETURN the entire duffel bag in order to gain a shoulder strap that works (with working clasps). Wish they could simply send me a new strap rather than require I jump through all the RETURN hoops. If not for this annoying Quality Control issue, I would call this a great value for the money!
on July 25, 2017
Over all I don't have issues with this bag except for one large glaring issue.
The metal loop that supposed to attach to the shoulder strap will bend and pop loose.
I am fortunately it does not pop loose right away, and after trying to bend the loop back into place it will only fail again but only faster.
So that makes the shoulder strap completely unreliable and forces you to carry the bag from the central handle, ruining the value of the bag for me.
The metal loops aren't even round or D-rings, it's this odd shape that only makes the soft. non-welded loop even weaker. An odd design choice when looking at the construction of the rest of the bag.

Other than that metal loop failing the bag is over all strong and sturdy, but not having a reliable shoulder strap a deal breaker, especially during travel. I am strong enough to suck it up and cope with the lack of shoulder strap. But I can imagine for many others this makes the bag completely unusable. Only reason I even gave this bag 3 stars is I somehow milked 2 years of occasional use out of this bag (keyword occasional).
This would of been down to weeks (if not days) if had this been a bag for daily use.
on March 14, 2016
You get what you paid for, I guess. There's nothing spectacular about this bag, it holds stuff fairly well but it can also break easily.

This is my second bag, the first one I used to travel abroad. Wasn't a big fan of it only because there was a portion on the side that was rough and it kept scratching me. If I wasn't lazy, I would have figured out a way to cover that area or just cut that piece off.

My second bag didn't last very long, sadly. I needed a cheap bag to store my sport equipments in so I came back and bought this bag. It did take fairly heavy abuse, but not long after, the metal piece that held the side strap attached to the bag broke off (out of everything, that would have been my last guess to see fail first). I ended up just getting a carabiner to replace the broken one.
on July 12, 2016
Second one I've bought, and both seem to be well made and the materials are quality. First one was for a trauma jump bag while the second is a bug-out bag.
One issue a previous buyer noted was the weak spot in the brackets that you hook the should strap to; I've reinforced the BOB bag brackets with 175Lb zip ties just in case, since that bag contains enough supplies to feed, water, shelter and protect 2 people for a week. I ran the ties through the strap and the flap where the suspect brackets are, so if one does give there'll be no slack to jerk the bag while I'm carrying it.

The bag layouts are perfect for my applications, with the trauma bag center compartment easily holding three of the largest plano boxes for burns, bleeding, airway & general, leaving the end compartments for splints, cold packs, and a light surgical kit.
Very pleased with these two bags.
on June 26, 2015
I have purchased this duffle bag for a short vacation trip, something I just wanted as a carry-on. Unfortunately, the bag's metal brackets that were attached to the sholder strap bent in half after carrying the bag for a total of 30 minutes. It was full of general necessities for a summer trip: shorts, t-shirts, a towel, a pair of sneakers, and basic hygienic utilities.

Pros:
-fits a lot of items and clothing.
-dual sided large pockets plus a small front pocket
-good quality zippers

Cons:
-shoulder strap metal brackets too weak and can easily be bent
-must use handles for maximum reliability
-handles requires an unreliable Velcro strap to stay together that detaches sometimes

If you are looking for a bag you will be using everyday, full of equipment or clothes, this is not the bag for you. This bag is for the moderate gym-goer or occasionally used to carry light-weight equipment such as basketballs. Do not use this bag to its potential or for travel. You will deeply regret it.
on April 11, 2017
I had originally given this bag a positive review, despite it being way too large for me (it would be the right size for someone needing a huge sports bag for tennis rackets, etc.) But it is starting to break after only one month of use where the strap connects to the bag (see photo). Also, I found the zippers to be cheap and difficult to pull. I am giving it to the thrift store—waste of money.
on December 10, 2016
For the price, bag seems constructed well. It's very roomy - you're likely to end up with more bag than you need. However, bag has a strong chemical smell, almost a fume. I bought two of these and both bags had the strong odor. I sprayed them with a disinfectant and aired them out overnight, outside. The odor is better, but still there. Fortunately, I'm using these for camera and fishing gear, not clothes. I wouldn't put my clothes in these.
on June 23, 2016
Most people would probably find this too much for a gym bag (and no one said it was a gym bag to start with), but it's just right for my shorts, tank top, workout sneakers, headphones, IPod, headphones, several pairs of socks, Lysol spray, water bottle ... you get the idea (and just imagine what it'd be like if I went to, say, LA Fitness, where I'd have to carry a towel, shampoo and a lock, too).

This bag holds a lot and its many pockets and compartments are perfect to separate different "classes" of items. This was a replacement bag after a duplicate I got three years ago. The problem? The velcro on the handle was starting to fail. Could I have simply replaced it on my own? Sure. But if you can't be bothered, a re-purchase is nothing to be ashamed of.
0Comment|Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.