Your Garage Luxury Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Mother's Day Gifts hgg17 Book House Cleaning animestrike animestrike animestrike  Introducing Echo Look Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 335 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 352 reviews
I have another Everest bag and really like it. My husband often steals it so I figured I would get him his own. I really like the separate side compartments on bags. Especially for shoes, toiletries, and dirty laundry accumulated throughout your trip. I don't like to mix those things with clean clothing. When this arrived, I was surprised at the height of this. It is taller than my previous bag. I like the the wider, shallower bags for myself (because I hate digging) but for my husband that taller one is better because his bigger shoes can fit. I also love that that bottom panel thing is sewn inside the lining. The ones with the bottoms that are removable drive me crazy--they always fall out or small stuff gets hidden underneath them. Also nice--the shoulder strap is attached to the bag with metal tabs and metal clips. VERY nice feature, as those plastic D rings can and clips can break(then you are trying to somehow tie your shoulder strap to the bag...and of course this always happens in the middle of an airport of something.)

Another nice thing about these kind of bags is that we use them when we go to the beach. We pack our clothes in them, and when we take our clothes out at the hotel, we take out our clothes and use these kind of bags as our "beach bag." LOTS of stuff can fit (big beach towels, radio, snacks, even a few cocktails :D :D) And since there are separate sections, your phone or wallet isn't swimming around with the sandy towels in the middle. Plus it is decent enough for my husband to carry to the beach...not a girly thing with flowers and rope handles or something. This one is a little big and slightly more "luggage-y" than my other one, so we probably won't use it for that purpose, but we could.

It IS a little heavy (even empty) which makes it more sturdy, but for carrying a long way, I kind of like those cheap light ones. So you have to decide if you want study, good-quality that is slightly heavy, or if you want cheap, lower-quality that is really light (but won't last long.) Depending on what I need them for, I have both kinds in my house!
55 comments| 84 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on December 8, 2014
I bought this bag to go on a 3 day camping trip and was initially impressed with the metal hardware on the carry strap and zippers. The bag appears to be of good quality and the reinforced bottom is sewn in and is not removable. it has 4 round feet on the bottom of the bag to protect it. The bag was larger than I needed since I was able to fit my clothes, sleeping bag, extra shoes, a light aluminum camping coffee pot, large flashlight, and other camping items in the bag.

The Velcro that holds the two carry handles began to separate the first time I used it which made me suspicious as to how well this bag would hold up. I weighed the bag loaded and it was 40 pounds, not overloaded by my standards considering how large it is...

The shoulder strap hardware (metal) broke while carrying the bag about 20 feet after unloading it. This was unacceptable as I feel it should have held up under a 40lb load and a 20 ft walk. The bag didn't sustain any other damage.

I liked that it has a large pocket on each end, a net material pocket on the end for wet or dirty items (I put my sandals in it), and a long zippered pocket across the front for small items. The bag is very roomy and can probably hold two weeks worth of clothing.

Besides making the hardware stronger and sewing the Velcro in better, I would prefer it had double zippers on the pockets and main opening so it would be easier and faster to access items.

I would have ordered one of these for my son but due to my experience and needs, I will look for a better quality bag. If you need a one time use bag and you keep it light, this is probably the best bag you will find for the money. Hope this review helps you in your buying decision.
on September 6, 2014
The bag itself is large and holds quite a bit. It was actually larger than I thought it would be. However, I only had the bag for a little over a month, traveled with it twice and on the 2nd trip two of the supporting legs that it sits on broke off. Now there are holes where those two legs were and it is unstable. When I tried to get a replacement or my money refunded I was not allowed to because it only has a 30 day refund policy, no ifs, ands or buts. There was no way to contact the seller or Amazon on this product to come to some sort of an agreement. While it may be a great bag for most purposes I believe that when you spend good money on a product you should be able to use it for longer than a month without it being completely destroyed. DO NOT be fulled by this product unless you want a bag that is a one time use only bag! I will NEVER purchase anything from this seller again.
on August 6, 2015
The fabric is great quality, the strap has a nice pad, and it's a great size. It's big enough to fit a week's worth of clothes into so its great for travel in that sense. I deduct 2 stars because the clips the attach the strap can suddenly slip and disconnect. I had this first happen right in the middle of the airport when my bag just unexpectedly crashed to the ground. It has happened several over times. The bag has been full when it happens, but not ridiculously heavy.

I wouldn't recommend you not buy it, but just would warn you before you do.
on July 17, 2013
I knew from the get go that this was not a heavy duty bag. The fabric IS on the lighter side, but it will do just fine for my purpose. I am replacing one very similar that simply ripped while we were packing to return from Cancun. Luckily I was able to sew it up and now I use it only for road trips. The repair finally gave out and I am replacing it with this inexpensive duffle. It is a very nice roomy bag. It appears well made, the hardware is of a very decent quality brushed nickel (I am guessing). The fabric feels thin, but it does appear to have an inside coating. For the price, this is an excellent bag. It would probably even hold up to some air travel, but I purchased a heavier duty wheeled duffle for that (Of course for more money too). For our extended road trips, it looks like I can jam this bag with tons of stuff and just throw it into the back of the SUV. I am extremely pleased with this purchase.
on March 18, 2013
This bag is huge and sturdy. Fit enough clothes for maybe 5 days plus a throw blanket and a pillow. Also folds flat when empty.
on November 15, 2016
This travel bag is a manageable size with ample space for most purposes and nice pockets with zippers for separating items accordingly. Well constructed and good initial quality that appears to be able to withstand normal travel stress. Well worth the investment I say.
on January 8, 2015
This is an amazing bag that carries all of my heavy gear to my fencing class (sans sword). In fact, I should have gone with the large, instead, because this one is really big. However, I like the option of being able to carry backup/loaner gear.
on April 19, 2017
I am able to use this to hold all of my ice hockey gear, it is a very large bag.
on March 7, 2017
It's a duffel bag, it's large, all zippers still work after much use.