Top positive review
A large, sturdy bag for a great price; suited my needs! Easy to store, fits a lot, is quality-- though it is easy to over-stuff!
on July 23, 2017
This is the first piece of luggage I've ever purchased for myself; I'm 22 and I've never really been much of a traveler or someone who stays away from home for very long, so until recently I'd never needed anything more than a backpack to hold my stuff when I signed up to go to a convention with some friends. I bought this bag specifically for use at a 3-day-2-night event where I'd be in a hotel, so I wasn't expecting to put it through any hard use, but I did also purchased it with the intent (and hope) of it being a good investment for future trips that require me to carry a few things along with me.
So, what were the things I liked?
• The price was very friendly to my budget; the tag on the bag suggests it should be sold for $40, but I purchased mine for only $25 and that seemed like a reasonable price for a decent bag I could put my belongings in for a trip.
• It’s very, very spacious! I was able to fit all my clothes, makeup, toiletries, wigs, costumes, and even my memory foam pillow inside of it and have room to separate my dirty clothes from my clean ones; I probably could have stuffed more into it, but I didn’t want to try pushing it to the limit and it was already a bit heavy with all that in it. So I personally wouldn’t fill it as full as you can.
• The bag is separated into a main compartment in the middle, two compartments on the ends, and a pocket along the front and a mesh pocket on the end.
• The material is sturdy but still remains flexible, so it was easy to pack things into it and it was easy to compress its volume down so it took up less space when I went to store it, but it also has enough integrity to be able to hold its shape without being stuffed totally full.
• It has both hand straps and a removable shoulder strap
• The bottom is reinforced with a little sheet of plastic (I think) and has little feet on each corner, so the bag isn’t sitting directly on the floor and there’s a bit of protection between the floor, bag, and my belongings.
• The hardware looks pretty sturdy! It doesn’t feel like anything is going to break with general use, though I also wouldn’t put 80 lbs worth of stuff inside of it and then try to carry it around by just the shoulder strap.
But there are some things to keep in mind, like, because it's so big it's easy to over stuff; this isn't a "fit it to full capacity" kind of bag, otherwise it'd have much heavier duty material and hardware and probably would have wheels. This is probably intended as a big, open bag to carry big, bulky things like for camping or sports, football padding or bedding or climbing gear or things of that nature--they're not necessarily dense and heavy, but they aren't easy to pack into a small space due to their shape/size. I think if you did stuff this full with, say, clothing, and then tried to carry it with the shoulder strap alone that it might break something. If you just intend on packing a bit light but just have things that take up room or you feel like you're going to come home with more than you left than this bag will serve those purposes perfectly.
Overall, for $25 I can't complain! It served me perfectly while on my trip and looks totally undamaged and ready for the next adventure.