Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts STEM Book House Cleaning Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $89.99 Kindle Oasis National Bike Month on Amazon disgotg_gno_17

Showing 1-10 of 66 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 68 reviews
on June 5, 2010
Although I LOVE my Wii, these dumbbells are pretty useless. It takes so long to hook them up in the middle of your fitness program that you lose momentum. Also, the Wii has trouble reading the remote through the dumbbell. I tried using them for extra weight during boxing and the game wasn't registering my punches. I can't recommend this product.
on July 6, 2010
The wii controllers must be placed inside 'tunnels' in the dumbbells. This creates three small issues, which aren't very bad but slightly annoying: a. the controller has a harder time communicating directly with the Wii because of said tunnel and the position you'd generally hold a dumbbell in isn't directly straight forward, so you miss points/hits/whatever. and b. by holding the dumbbell you're actually pressing buttons on the controller - the grip is removed so you've got direct palm to button pressure. and c. it's hard to disconnect the nunchuck from the controller which is required for several other games which dumbbells would make a better workout for, so I end up popping the controller out disconnecting. well, it takes up valuable time.

nice idea though and I'll continue to use them. the design could have been better.
on March 9, 2010
I got these becasue I thought it would be a good way to step up my routine. The weight inside ( i think sand) was loose causing the weighting to not be steady. I returned them because of the weighting flaw and also due to the fact that wrist weights would do the same thing and not be as cumbersome as trying to insert and remove the controller.

I good idea but has some kinks to work out.
on December 9, 2009
Great product for a little extra weight to use with the Wii Fit. Good starter weights - I wish a heavier version would become available.
on March 2, 2014
I like that it is a heavier weight but quickly , I guess depending on the person, you out grow the weight. There is no way to add more weight to it. Besides that it does its job and love using it with the wii u fit.
on February 26, 2013
I cannot recommend buying this product. Most games don't allow you to use two remotes so holding both is lame when your game actually requires the extender remote. These are impractical. Invest in some wrist weights and you will be much happier.
on December 8, 2012
It is too hard to get the wii-mote and nunchuck in and out of these weights to really be useable.
on March 30, 2014
They really add a lot to the workout. I did some boxing and was wiped out after a few rounds. Great for the arms and torso. The only hard part was finding which games and workout to use them with. I'm still working that out.
on September 12, 2013
The Wii fit is a great tool. I was athletic in High School however still more of a chess player than a sports guy. I am not huge into jogging though I like hiking. I don't like gyms very much but I do like doing the boxing on the Wii Fit and with the weights you really break a sweat after just 20 minutes and after the first hour you can feel your shoulders and upper back start to feel the work out too. The Wii remote is just to light to give any real resistance.

I will say if you are buying this just to play with a regular game you are going to be in trouble. The dumbbells while trying not to block the sensor often prevent the cursor from working properly and you have to really point it straight at the sensor strip to make them work for menu usage, and if you have smaller hands, I have huge hands but my sister and mom don't, than it can be hard to do anything other than work out, which is why I got them.
on May 18, 2015
I really like these. I ordered another set so I can use one with two wii motes and a nunchuck, without have to interchange the remotes/nunchucks. Sometimes wish I could get some just a little bit heavier, but have not found anything like that.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.