Industrial Deals Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Shop Popular Services _fof _fof _fof  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Shop Now STEMClub17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 274 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 292 reviews
on April 26, 2013
I'm trying to kick it into high gear this year and really get into ultimate shape, so I signed up for kickboxing classes (as well as hot yoga). I'm hoping to she serious pounds and tone up my legs, arms, abs (well my entire body :-)), and you know what *positive thinking* I will! Every kickboxing class is different in some you battle against each other, in some you hit bags that are hanging from chains, and in others you have a sort of movable punching bag that's grounded by a large plastic base--- mine class has the latter.

I didn't know what type of gloves to get, so initially I had my eyes set on the Everlast Pink Women's Evergel Hand Wraps. I figured with those I could use them down the line even after I stopped kickboxing, but after reading the reviews it seemed like they would be too thin especially since they're actually just wraps that are supposed to go under your gloves. Then I figured I'd go ahead and get the traditional boxing gloves so I ordered the Everlast Women's Pro Style Training Gloves, but came back home and canceled the order after I went to my first class.

I would strongly advise everyone to ATTEND ONE CLASS before ordering your gloves, that way you can see what everyone else has as well as get an idea to what might work for you. The gym I go to has gloves that students can use during the class, and while I didn't like the overall fit, I did like how the fingers were out. Also my kickboxing class includes doing things like sit-ups, push-ups, and planks in between punching the bag. I noticed that everyone with the big full gloves had to take them on and off on and off throughout the class-- that is NOT what I wanted to have to do.

I realized that I needed a couple things out of my kick boxing gloves:

- open fingered gloves, so I could do other workouts while wearing them
- thick padding, so I could keep my hands safe and secure
- comfortable fit
- and of course it's always great for a product to have a reasonable price

These EverCool KickBoxing gloves are perfect for my wants, and ideal for my type of KickBoxing class. So many of the other ladies in my class have these as well, and the a lot of the guys have the all black version. With these gloves I can punch the bag hard, then go down for pushups, stretch, drink water, etc all while wearing my gloves. I've worn them too about 5 classes and they've done well, I will update at the end of the month (when my one month class is over) to tell you how they've held up.

The only drawback so far is the smell. The other reviewers are right-- there is a very plasticty type industrial smell to them. But it's going away slowly. I just keep them in my open canvas beach type bag, that I use as gym bag, along with my water and sweatshirt, etc. I think if I used them then put them right back into the bag they came in the smell would be stronger, or even keeping them in a zipped bag might make the smell stay for longer. So I would definitely suggest letting them air out.

My hand size: I have regular sized hands, I'm 5'7, curvy (but now I'm pretty slim-- yaay I've lost 30lbs and counting as of my update below (1/10/14)), my fingers are probably more thin than thick, but they fit well. And there are girls in my class of every proportion who wear them-- short and heavy, short and thin, average height and thick or thin, etc. They seem to be one size fits all.

*****UPDATE*****: I've been using these for almost a year and I still love them. I usually do the groupon/living social deals for kickboxing classes in my area and have tried 3 or 4 different kickboxing gyms/classes so far. There are two types of bags usually used for kickboxing, either the kind that stands and has water or sand holding it down or the heavier kind that hangs from the ceiling. I initially purchased these for a class that used the standing adjustable kickboxing bags (with sand/water at the bottom). In that class almost all the students used this type glove. Then I started going to gyms with the heavy bag hanging in from the ceiling. Most people had the big covered gloves, but my boyfriend (at the time) told me to just try using what I had before purchasing (and possibly wasting money) on another whole pair. And I must say, these have worked very well for me ever since.

Of course the people at the gyms always try to talk me into buying a pair of gloves from them or using the heavier ones, but I tell them I'm fine. These are perfect! I can kick box and still do the pushups and stuff in between without having to stop and take off my gloves. What many of the instructors fail to understand is that these are SPECIFICALLY designed for cardio kickboxing. These are NOT wraps, they're thicker than wraps, but not as heavy as the huge gloves. I even had to explain this to a gym manager once, he kept saying how he's been boxing for however many years, but I patiently explained to him that these gloves are new to the market and not everyone knows about them... because he really had no idea.

Other things to note, more UPDATES: The smell it had is gone of course. I can toss these in the washer every month or so (I think I let them air dry though). The case is perfect so I can store them neatly. And they're compact so I can easily carry them in my gym bag.

These are PERFECT for cardio kickboxing!
33 comments| 102 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 12, 2013
Most boxing gloves I looked at were so bulky. These have all the protection you need without the bulk. They fit nicely and leave you feeling stylish. Yes the one size they have might be considered small for some. I think I have big (not fat) hands, yet they fit me. The length of my hand measures 7" (wrist to tip of middle finger) and the widest part of my hand (not including thumb) is 3". Hope this helps!
on September 23, 2015
I love this KB Gloves!, they keep my hand fresh, are comfortable and stylish. I have small and thin hands and they fit perfect!, I like to put hand wraps under the gloves to firm my wrist and also helps to absorb the sweat. The only reason that I don't put 5 stars it that sometimes I got some bruises in my knuckles when I train hard, I would like them to be a little more padded. After every use, I clean them with Anti-Bacterial wipes and I let them dry. I have used them during four months ago, training twice at week and they are perfect!.
review image review image
on July 8, 2016
Bought a small and it fits tight but so far and stretched out a little bit. Enough to be comfortable now. At first I was worried it would be too tight to make a fist and hit the punching bag I bought. But after a couple uses it fits my hands well. So far no smell and my knuckles aren't banged up either. I love them. Nice and cushioned and I don't sweat much in them either. Thanks Everlast. These really are Evercool and great to practice with.
on December 28, 2016
Great gloves, VERY comfortable. I have a heavy bag I use 3 times a week. I do not wrap my hands before putting on these gloves and I have never walked away with peeled or sore knuckles. They keep my hands cool and sweatfree, even when I'm sweating to death. I couldn't ask for a better pair of gloves. Nice job Everlast.
on May 14, 2016
I have really thin fingers and hands and these are still pretty tight for me. They are durable though and after you work them a bit, they get more flexible. The padding is pretty good, but the tightness makes them uncomfortable for longer bag work. The are reasonably priced but you might want to go up a size larger than you think you need.
on May 26, 2016
I'm pretty happy with these gloves. I bought them because I was using regular boxing gloves at a 9Rounds gym. The setup of the gym is that you go through 9 rounds - 3 minutes each round and a 1 minute "set" between rounds. The regular gloves I was using were fine for the actual boxing - but, during the in between sets (pushups, etc) my wrists started to hurt due to the size of the gloves (too big) vs the size of my hands. When I started using these gloves I could do so much more in between rounds but I found that I couldn't hit the bags as hard. The trade off was well-worth it for me. I am still learning - and with these gloves a few times (probably due to my own errors) the knuckles for my ring and pinky fingers had weird bleeding/bruising on a few occasions.
I did get a bag for my house and I ordered a second set of these gloves for the home gym. Try not to get them wet - they are hard to dry hold odor. These gloves do get dirty quickly.

Also, I'd love to see these in another color!
on June 14, 2017
Great gloves for kickboxing on the bag. Several women in my class have these same ones. All like them a lot. I use them with RDX Boxing Ladies Inner Gloves Pink for the extra protection. I like that the mesh underneath keeps hands cooler and less sweaty than traditional boxing gloves!! I use them with RDX Boxing Ladies Inner Gloves Pink for the extra protection. I like that the mesh underneath
on March 26, 2016
Came right on time love it and cheaper than every where I checked thanks
review image review image
on January 11, 2016
Bought these because the price caught my eye...my mistake. Although the design is attractive, after the first time using my knuckles were covered in bleeding blisters. I didn't think anything of it until it happened over and over again even when I wrapped my hands underneath. My knuckles were painful and infected for weeks. Never happened with any of my other gloves. Also, got very dirty fast & stitches started coming out within the first month. You're getting what you pay for I guess.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.