Every Breath You Take!
- "[T]he tension that Winter creates and builds combines perfectly with the other areas of the story, always leaving the reader with an apprehension about the next move of the perpetrator. For me, Every Breath You Take and Robert Winter deserve a full five-star rating!" Joyfully Jay
- "This story starts out on a murderous note, with the prologue leaving me absolutely needing to know how its dark events were going to figure in the lives of the main characters." It's About the Book
- "Loved this book! This is the story of Zachary and Thomas. Its about friendship, love and a very creepy stalker!" Alpha Book Club
- "Five solid stars for this incredible novel, and many, many recommendations that you pick it up to find yourself an author you'll love!" Divine Magazine
- "I absolutely loved this book. It was edge-of-your-seat intrigue and suspense, with some epic sex scenes that will leave you a little hot and bothered *winks*." Optimumm
- "The murder/mystery/stalker/craziness was brilliant, and kind of makes me question the mind of the author :)" Bayou Book Junkie
- "The juxtaposition of the killer's stalking and escalating madness with the growing friendship and attraction between Thomas and Zachary was really skillfully written, and kept me biting my nails right up until the end. " Scattered Thoughts and Rogue Words
From the Inside Flap
He replayed the recording from a few hours earlier several times. He watched carefully as the woman interviewed the bartender, showed her badge, and offered the photo. From this angle he could make out more of the exchange than he had been able to from inside the bar. It had seemed prudent to remain at a distance from the officer then. Even with no sound capability, the interaction was clear. Someone had connected the bar to that cretin he had punished.
He would have to be more careful. The man drummed his fingers against his desk. He needed to get additional cameras in place, with more lines of sight. Then he could stop taking the reckless action of entering Mata Hari himself, just to be near. It would be difficult to stay away. But he had to do it until he was ready to lay the traces and draw his Beloved to him.
The latest excrescence that had dared to go home with his Beloved had been in the bar as well. He was visible on the tape as he talked to the bartender. The rule was clear. If he stayed away from the Beloved, then there would be no need to chastise him. But the man thought this one, this blond boy, would break the rule. He stayed the night with the Beloved, and now he was back in Mata Hari sniffing around for more.
The man gritted his teeth and thought about different ways to make the creature pay. Then his smile stretched cruelly as he came up with some very pleasant possibilities. If that one did indeed break the rule, then the rule would break him.