Industrial Deals Beauty Save up to 90% on textbooks STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning _baw _baw _baw  Introducing Echo Show Limited-time offer: All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $99.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 49 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on May 6, 2015
I'm a curly girl with type 4A hair. I am natural and have been co-washing for the last few years. This is one of my favorite conditioners. It's affordable, and doesn't have stuff in it that isn't good for my hair. It makes my hair so soft and manageable. I was sad when I couldn't find this conditioner in Target, but redeemed when I found it here on Amazon.
I also water it down in a spray bottle (9 parts water 1 part conditioner) and use it daily for a detangler and moisture spray on my kids hair (also natural 3A-3B curl pattern). It doesn't leave buildup, smells great, and is safer than the detanglers with lots of chemicals.
on April 5, 2017
I have been using this product for years. Against, better judgment and being lazy, I started to go to a salon. They obviously used different products. Needless to say, my hair started to pay for it (not in a positive way). I stopped the salon visits, and started back using this Alaffia shampoo and conditioner, and I felt that almost instantly, my hair started to thank me! I will never use anything else on my hair again. Not only does it smell great, it completely cleans my hair of any and all residue. It leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean. Would recommend, especially on natural hair.
on January 10, 2017
great product. Just remember it is NOT a leave in. So wash let it set for no more than 5 min & then wash completely out. If you leave it in as a leave in it will dry your hair out. I didn't realize this & then I read the directions & used it correctly & it worked perfectly.
on November 3, 2016
I really wanted to like this, but I just don't. I have fairly fine hair, and this just leaves it feeling super greasy. I've also found that because it isn't very slick (it absorbs into your hair quickly, unlike a "typical" conditioner) I lose more hair in the shower than I normally would. Bummer, because I like what the company is doing in terms of fair trade and sustainable ingredients.
on January 31, 2016
I used this conditioner (I also have the shampoo) for about a month before I had to stop. It honestly feels like I'm putting really watered down conditioner on my hair. It doesn't help de-tangle my hair or make my hair soft. It would also make my hair oily and I'd end up having to wash my hair more often (I try only to wash it 2-3 times a week). I tried just applying it to the tips of my hair and that still didn't work. After I stopped using it I told my husband to try it out on his hair. He didn't like it either.
The reason why I'm still giving it 3 stars is because I really like the company and what they stand for. I also like the shampoo (which I still use). I may end up trying another one of their conditioners too.
on November 8, 2016
I was prepared to give a less-than-stellar review. When I pumped the product out, it was a little thinner than I thought it would be. I assumed it wouldn't be a good conditioner for me. I was completely wrong. My hair was so easy to detangle. The smell is very light. I used this conditioner with Alaffia's black soap. Definitely a winner.
on June 5, 2017
I really wanted to like this conditioner. I love the Alaffia EveryDay Coconut shampoo, so I wanted to try the conditioner, but I am really disappointed. It is pretty watery and does not de-tangle my hair... yet leaves a greasy feel and look. The only reason I give it 3 stars and not 0 is because I appreciate that it is made of non-toxic ingredients. So to me, it's worth using over conditioner with toxic ingredients.
on July 21, 2017
I wanted to love this stuff so much, 'cause I love the ingredients & supporting other woman! Alas, it was too heavy for my baby fine hair. So I passed it on to the kids and they really like it. Still a win in my book!
on January 28, 2015
The first time i used this, I used a lot of it because it really felt like my hair was just soaking it up. My hair still tends to feel like that after washing and putting this stuff in but I've learned that I don't need to. I'll let it sit in my hair while I wash and when I rinse my hair I feel the difference and my hair is much softer than before, not to mention that when my hair dries it isn't dry and is instead soft and quite silky.
on June 28, 2017
I like this product. However, I am more used to a squeaky finish to my hair where this feels like it leaves a protective coating. My hair needs more time and care to brush out after this conditioner.