Save Big On Open-Box & Pre-owned: Buy "EHEIM Everyday Fish Feeder Programmable Automatic ...” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 31% off the $39.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Pre-owned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Eheim Battery Operated Auto Fish Feeder
|You Save:||$10.24 (26%)|
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and .
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Great for everyday use whether you are home or away
- Set it and let if feed your fish everyday
- Convienient worry-free feeding for healthy fish
- Easy to set up and use and includes easy start guide
- Integrated fan and ventilation system keeps the food dry
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Special offers and product promotions
Convenient feeding for healthier fish!
The EHEIM Everyday Fish Feeder is great for anyone who leads a busy lifestyle and sometimes forgets to feed their fish. With the Everyday Fish Feeder just set the desired amount to feed and the feeder will reliably dispense the accurate portions. This will also prevent over-feeding.
Because the Everyday Fish Feeder automatically feeds your fish worry free you are now free to go on vacation without worrying who will feed your fish!
The Everyday Fish Feeder comes with a 3-year guarantee from EHEIM.
Product Features• Easy digital LCD programming for up to a maximum of 8 feedings per day
• Easy to set-up and use and also includes the Easy Start Guide
• Manual release button permits feeding outside pre-programmed times
• Integrated fan and ventilation system keeps the food dry
• Adjustable slider allows you to set desired portions
• Splash-proof buttons
• Battery operated includes 2 AA batteries
• 2-stage low battery level indicator
• Drum will not stop with feed slot in downward position
• Ideal for terrariums and aquariums; can be used to feed fish turtles newts and frogs
• Ideal for most types of food
Size: SIngle Feeder
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
I highly recommend the Eheim brand and this particular feeder. I will comment on why I recommend this and then some special handling items.
First, as I mentioned I have three of these units. Two are run 24/7. These units are reliable, last between 1-2 weeks for feeding capacity (different sized fish supplied by each one), and built very well. The built well comes from the fact that one unit has fallen into the tank twice. Immediate recovery, turn off, then air drying of the internals was sufficient for the unit to operate as good as new. I have used these units for 8 months now without problem. They do come with a sticky backed velcro mount so that they are not prone to fall into the tank. I use those on the one that likes the water.
I have had problems with only one unit after about 20 days of first operation where it lost its programming, and upon replacing the batteries it operated for a few days and completely died. This occurred with use out of box, it was not dropped into the water :-) and it was used as recommended. I emailed Eheim, and was advised to return it to their factory or an authorized service center. I returned it to Eheim's Montreal office with a copy of the email and they sent a fixed unit back about 4 weeks later. So, this is why I also recommend the brand. Nothing is perfect, and when I got one lemon out of three -- they fixed it.
On using these units:
* you must calibrate the feeder so that on an average run it feeds the amount you want -- that is, weigh or measure the amount fed after 10 consecutive runs and then determine what the average is for each feed -- it is a simple mechanical feed mechanism -- this is why it is reliable -- so it is not exact. Your fish are not exact either, they can eat a bit less sometimes.
* once you know how much to open the feeder, mark it with a permanent marker -- you need to close it to refill, so this way you will know where to open it back to
* you can run the feeder up to 4 different times a day, and each time can have an optional second feed a minute after the first
* I grow tilapia, so I feed my fish only what they will completely eat in 2 minutes
* the unit is heavy on the side towards the water when it is full -- when doing tank maintenance, remove it so it out of the way (obvious, but I did drop one unit twice)
* if your unit goes for a swim: take it out immediately, remove and discard the batteries, keep the battery door off and gently blow dry the unit. Dispose of wet food and clean out the food compartment. Once you are certain everything is DRY, then put fresh batteries in and reprogram the unit.
* when using the unit for the first time, allow a week (before you go on vacation) to ensure it is operating fine and feeding the way and amount you want -- don't just set it up the night before you leave -- this way you will see how long your feed lasts also
* the feeder does dispense less when it nears empty -- but again, fish adapt
* I only use the unit with pellet food - one feeder has a mix of 1/8" and 3/16" pellets, the second feeder has fingerling powder
I would love to see Ehiem redesign the door so that it's more sturdy/accurate, but I haven't had any major trouble with it.
That all said, it allows between 1 to 4 feedings a day. From what I've read, even once a day might be excessive depending on your tank and fish... It's important not to over feed. I wish there was a way to set this to go off every couple days.