Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited GNO for iPhone 8 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now PSFF17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 29 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 41 reviews
on August 20, 2010
This is certainly a powerful yet simple presentation of living out biblical justice in today's world. Julie presents a clear, logical and easy to read way in which followers of Jesus can have a meaningful impact upon suffering in the world, be they conservative or liberal in their leanings. This is truly a valuable treasure in showing a practical way to reveal the character and nature of God through our daily Christian walk. This can very well be the individual launching point for some Christians looking for a means to be a force of change on our planet. Don't be surprised if the little flicker of light from your life can become part of a much brighter and glorious revelation of God's love in a world that continues to struggle in darkness. I loved this book and its triumphant message of change. We're not individually called upon to solve all the problems facing our world, but here's some practical ways to demonstrate Christian caring and to bear witness to the new heaven and new earth promised by God.
on September 7, 2016
This is a book that has greatly effected my everyday life! I have made some small changes due to what I have learned but feel that I have already made an impact with just those small changes! It made me think critically about my choices and the effect I have on this earth. I have shared it with a couple people and they all loved it to.
on September 6, 2017
I very much appreciate all the hard work and honesty that went into this book. It is a great way to become aware of social justice issues. I couldn't put it down. This is important stuff that we should all be aware of and hopefully convicted to do something about.
on January 11, 2017
Great reminder and practical suggestions, good for all serious Christians who really want to lead a life according to biblical teachings and pleasing to God. Highly recommended.
on May 2, 2013
I had read this book on a borrowed basis and decided that I needed my own copy of it. It points out so many ways in which the purchasing decisions we make every day impact the producers of those items around the world. We vote with our dollars every day. We choose whether to support the right of others to a decent work experience or to deny that right. We should all be more conscious and aware consumers.
on December 13, 2011
Due to this book, I now only buy fair-trade coffee. We can all do more ethical things and make better choices in life, this book is good for educating people on some evils that are very under the radar. Some chapters are boring, and the book is very idealistic, but as Christians...we are kinda called to be idealistic. I am personallly rather Christ against culture/Christ and culture in paradox, so economic impossibilities don't concern me as much as some other reviewers I suppose.
on November 24, 2015
This book arrived on time. I have to read this for an Environmental Science Class that I am taking. This book has began to shine some light in some dark place that I did not know where dark.
on March 1, 2014
This book revealed the process of chocolate, chemicals in making clothes; slave trafficking, sex slaves not only young females, young boys and they use little children. Chemicals in the making of T-shirts. This book is very informative of all of already mentioned, plus the behind the scene of none paid workers.
on June 8, 2014
This book takes the concept of "justice" and makes it understandable and achievable. You learn alot and are given tools for your own journey of "acting justly". So thankful Julie wrote this!
on February 19, 2011
Any one or group interested in making a difference, this well presented, easy-to-read book is for you. For a small group, such as mine, it fosters great discussions over personal choices and global impacts: Ivory Coast child slavery & chocolate; oil refineries and pollution of fishing waters, both at Lake Michigan and around the world; our choices of coffee, clothes, etc. are some other topics Clawson explores.