Your Garage Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Format: Paperback|Change

Showing 1-10 of 366 reviews(5 star, Verified Purchases). See all 624 reviews
on June 18, 2014
Like her Italy book, Sarah Fragoso has not simply made a cookbook--she has immersed herself in a culture and done her best to convey to her readers how this culture is expressed through food. While the Italy book taught me much about how Italians value slowing down to appreciate things and how they value fresh ingredients, this Thai book is has helped me to appreciate how Thai food is simultaneously precise (in flavor composition) and yet still personal. So these recipes are delivered in the most authentic fashion--preserving this precision of flavor--but with tips for how to personalize and tailor to my preference. While some ingredients are harder to find, this book has great suggestions in first of all, how to substitute, but more importantly: how to track them down to make the dish more authentic. This means I can use the book right away with what I have in my grocery store but I can also do a little hunting (with Fragoso's guidance in the book) to find some of the traditional ingredients to help me truly experience the dish accurately. I also love how the book helps you have options in using Rice/Rice Noodles or how to make creative alternatives out of common items like zucchini or cauliflower. If you love Thai food, but are leary of MSG and Gluten, this is simply the best cookbook I've ever seen. There's nothing like it out there.
on March 28, 2013
I love to cook and I'm very specific with my requirements when it comes to ingredients and final outcome. Most cookbooks are either too simple, too complex or use processed and poor nutrition quality ingredients and more often than not they just flat out don't appeal to my tastes. This book is completely separate from all the rest, not only is this a fantastic introduction to Paleo but most of the recipes are relatively simple and nothing short of amazing.
Sarah has a very straightforward and gentle way of driving home the importance and impact of living a paleo lifestyle and unlike most books on this topic she never preaches and never strays in to extremes. The whole of the book encourages and teaches balance and enjoyment of life, movement, sleep and the food you cook to sustain yourself and your family.

This is the most impactful book I have read in years and it was so well worth the money. I would recommend it to anyone who enjoys cooking with good quality, whole ingredients whether or not they are interested in the paleo diet - it's THAT good.
on December 8, 2015
This book is awesome! It has everything a family needs to get started on a paleo lifestyle. Whether you have young children or teenagers, there is something for everyone. Even if you don't have kids the information is still valuable. There are so many great tips for busy parents without being cluttered with heavy science. This is a practical comprehensive day in day out, nuts and bolts plan to start and stay paleo for life. Sarah even includes recipes, meal plans and workouts all with pictures. You can't go wrong with this book!
This book has tons of breakfasts, lunches, dinners and snacks (even a few desserts) for anyone eating healthier by going low-carb, paleo, primal, or even just gluten-free. She adapts favorite meals like BLT's, lasagna, pizza, hash, burgers on a bun, and other things we all miss when we go paleo, and makes them tasty, creative, and fun. It never veers into using other unhealthy ingredients to sub for wheat, so you won't find "paleo" bread or anything like that. She just uses vegetables and meat in such interesting new ways that it's a pleasure to cook and eat from the cookbook.

Nothing is hard to make, and there's loads of room for playing with the recipes to suit your own ingredients. I can imagine kids eating almost everything in it. And the ingredients aren't hard to find or particularly expensive, so this brings paleo eating into the mainstream.

I particularly loved the photos of each dish, though the lighting on the photos could use some improvement to make the food look more appetizing, it was easy to understand what the result of every recipe would be. I'd highly recommend this along with Mark Sisson's Quick and Easy Primal Blueprint cookbook for getting started in paleo living.
on June 17, 2017
I recently started paleo because I was getting older and simply felt run down. This book is filled with plenty of recipes, choices, and most importantly, explanations about why some choices are good and others are not. I was able to start paleo on the same day I purchased this book because of the kitchen essentials section and the grocery lists. The exercise plan for individuals, couples, and families was an added bonus. I highly recommend this for beginners and those who are looking to move their family towards a more healthy lifestyle.
on June 18, 2014
I am a huge fan of Sarah Fragoso's cookbooks and this one does not disappoint!! Sarah poured all of her love, knowledge and creativityinto this cookbook and as with all of her books, it shows! I have wanted to learn how to capture the authentic Thai flavors in Thai cooking for some time , as it's one of my most favorite foods- but always thought it was too difficult to learn. I began my adventure at the local Asian Market to gather the ingredients I needed for two recipes, surprisingly, it was a simple process and I was actually able to find them quickly (special note ; don't be afraid to ask for an ingredient you don't see). I even made my own homemade Tamarind paste to start my cooking adventure, quick and easy!! Once I began cooking, I was once again pleased at the simplicity of using a Wok and following the steps Sarah provided to layer the ingredients and cook the flavors just so, but nothing prepared me for how delicious dinner was!!!! True authentic flavors, with just enough spice. I even had success frying chicken in the wok!!! That was new experience for me- but it turned out great and it too was scrumptious. My kids jumped right in to help me with our cooking adventure and highly recommend the Deep Fried Chicken with Creamy Lime Sauce and Stir-Fried Rice Noodles! We even made both versions (with rice noodle and the other with cabbage:). My family devoured our meal and have our eyes set on the Red Curry next! GET this book, you'll be happy you did!! With such helpful insight into Thailand travels included in this book, you may find yourself planning your next vacation to Thailand ASAP!!!
on April 20, 2011
I guess Amazon sent the book out early...

To be upfront I have followed Sarah's blog for sometime and the new podcast. I don't have kids or family I mostly follow for recipes, cooking tips etc. That being said I still learn a lot about these areas by tuning in.

This book is an excellent "how to guide to paleo" it is also an excellent companion and implementation manual to Robb Wolf's "Paleo Solution".

The production value this book is incredible the size of the book, the layout, the photographs all are top notch.

What is great on this book if you are starting or looking at starting "paleo" (I really cannot stand the terms "paleo lifestyle" or "paleo diet" very annoying terms) is that the book takes you from the ground up. It starts you from Sarah's story, which everyone will find either elements of their own life or will find some way to relate, and starts to take you through the deconstruction and rebuilding process. From cleaning out the cupboards and fridge to what checklists to what buy on that first outing to restock the shelves. Then comes the recipes. Sarah by far is the original and best "Paleo Test Kitchen" out there. From someone that started Paleo a couple of years ago and you are trying to figure things out in the beginning just playing around having these recipes just makes things some much easier to get started. Finally, the recipes just taste fantastic and that is most important. The recipes have fantastic photographs, shopping lists and are laid out step by step. There is even a training section that tackles training for yourself, the kids and the whole family. no gym, no problem.

In summary the book tackles the issue from each level and presents a solution to each issue from one the most experienced practitioners in the field.
on January 31, 2017
I love Sarah! This was actually my second time purchasing this book. I gave my original copy to a friend. She loved the recipes so much and the information in the book, I told her to keep it. So, I needed to replace mine.
on July 8, 2012
This is a super cookbook for those trying to eat healthier. While there are some ingredients I was unfamiliar with (almond butter, almond meal, coconut flour for starters), I was told to try this by my doctor in an attempt to get my blood glucose down in a natural way. I am pleased with the recipes I have tried. Some of them are more labor-intensive though, so if you're looking for a 10 minute meal after work, this may not be the cookbook for you. I work fulltime and cook on the weekends for the coming week, so I didn't find this to be a problem. That being said, I haven't made anything that I wouldn't eat again. All of the recipes are easily adaptible for seasoning preferences and very easy to "tweak" as far as ingredients if you are an experienced cook. I do agree with some of the other reviewers though in that the shopping/pantry lists needed to be edited better. I ran all over town looking for thai fish oil - and she really meant fish sauce. But that is not a deal-breaker for me - all in all, this is a great cookbook and she has wonderful tips for those trying to better themselves by living a healthier lifestyle.
on December 11, 2012
I LOVE this cookbook! For the first time in my life, at 48 years old, I ventured into the crazy world of cooking this past summer in the quest to change my family to paleo eating. After years of pasta and chicken dishes, and numerous failures from my periodic forays with other cookbooks, I was a bit afraid to start. But start I did, and Sarah helped me be a success! Every recipe I prepared for my family was a hit. With a 4-year old and 8-year old, they are a bit pickey and our first experiment was lasagne with zucchini "noodles". They LOVED it and asked for more. That response became the regular response every time I cooked from Everyday Paleo.

Sarah's directions are clear, even (especially), if you have no cooking background. I understand how more expert chefs would find her simple, but she was just what I needed. The flavorings were delicious, straightforward and simple, and thanks to her "tutoring" I'll never again need to purchase a pack of seasoning mix for mexican, italian or indian food.

I'm so thankful for this guide. It created a beginner cook out of someone who had been perennially scared to try a recipe. I'm newly confident and willing to continue cooking thanks to this cookbook, not to mention the transition to paleo eating was a cinch. Try it! You won't be sorry. In fact, I've given this cookbook as a gift half a dozen times and plan on giving 3 more this Christmas. I give Sarah and Everyday Paleo 5 stars!