Lyft Industrial Deals Best Books of the Month Shop new men's suiting nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here Fall TV Binge-worthy season premieres are here  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 166 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 182 reviews
on December 4, 2012
good book as far as the content goes but i was disappointed that it isn't in color. not sure why a kids book wouldn't be. i bought it as a christmas gift to accompany a telescope for my 6 year old. i'll be looking for another one that is in color shortly. i haven't decided whether or not i'll keep it yet since it does have activities in it, but the lack of color makes it feel more like a school workbook vs. something fun and extracurricular.
22 comments| 57 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 22, 2014
What I like best about this book is that my grandson, for whom I got it, absolutely L-O-V-E-S it. Like so many 9 year old boys, he loves space stories, anything to do with astronomy, and shares that passion with his 18 year old brother (there are three kids between them) and the activities in it are something that they love to do together, with big brother leading the way. It's just chock-loaded with fantastic facts and puzzles for the space savvy child. I had it shipped directly to my grandson when I looked into it on the Amazon site and knew immediately that he'd love it. As soon as he got it, my grandson called me to thank me for the book and to tell me how much he loved it. There's no better testimonial to the book than the fact that the recipient loves it. Gramma chose the right gift according to the young man. That's a recommendation from a child, and what could be better than that. other than knowing that it's a perfectly appropriate book for this age and level of knowledge. Wonderful book!
on January 21, 2017
This was a gift chosen as an excellent companion to a child's telescope. i don't know if it quite lives up to the title of "everything" but it is a great primary for introducing children to the stars and planets.
on January 5, 2011
I am a Home Hospital teacher working with special needs children. This book was worth the wait (3 weeks for delivery). It is full of interesting facts, fun hands-on activities, and questions to stir a child's imagination and natural curiosity. Activities are appropriate for school-aged children of all ability levels with some modifications.
It would have been even better if it had included some colorful pictures to capture the attention of the younger reader/listener. The cover is very colorful and bright but the interior is quite dull to look at. Providing vivid visuals from other sources to compliment the text helped maintain my students interest.
This book would provide hours of educational fun for children and their parents to share together; great "family night" activities.
on November 10, 2015
I bought this book for my 11 year old son who is obsesed with anything interplanitary. He will recieve this along with a telescope and a few other books at Christmas this year. I was worried that the book would be over simplistic because it is for "kids" but it is perfect. It's just the right amount of information and trivia presented in a way that is engaging for younger kids clear up to early teens. I know he is going to love it.
on March 2, 2017
6 year old granddaughter is in to astronomy & loved this book
on July 13, 2015
We bought this to use in addition to our astrology curriculum for homeschool. It is very very detailed and very very informative. A fun book. I would say for kids 8 and older.
on July 18, 2017
just right for an amateur astronomer
on March 11, 2016
My son hates to read anything (he's 8) but he loves this book, along with his telescope! Thanks!
on September 19, 2017