- Series: Everything Kids Series
- Paperback: 131 pages
- Publisher: Adams Media Corporation (February 2002)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1580626424
- ASIN: B0014JUVCS
- Product Dimensions: 8.8 x 8.3 x 0.4 inches
- Shipping Weight: 10.4 ounces (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 108 customer reviews
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #8,558,193 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Everything Kids' Soccer Book: Rules, Techniques, and More About Your Favorite Sport! (Everything Kids Series) Paperback – Bargain Price, February, 2002
Customers who bought this item also bought
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
About the Author
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
While that element was only so-so, I found that the book is a great resource for kids in many areas of the game. Truth is, I personally learned some things (like the "Argentina" free kick play) from this book as well.
Some things I liked:
- Most of the book is written in simple terms (there are a couple areas that might confuse kids)
- Puzzles and games and such to keep kids' attention
- Many areas of the game covered from rules to technique
Some things I didn't like:
- While it is for kids, it is not clearly geared to any particular age group, so there are parts that are too complicated for younger kids and still other parts that would seem too "childish" to older kids (overall, I felt it would be most useful to the 8 and 9 year olds on my team).
- The puzzles and games don't do anything to reinforce the information learned in the book. They are just for entertainment.
Overall a very good book, and for 8 bucks, it's definitely worth a buy if soccer is your kid's thing.
I liked the book so much, on 3/23/09, I accidentally reviewed it a 2nd time. My opinion hasn't changed much. Here is what I more recently said:
I coach girls under 10, and this is the best book I have found for them; but parents and coaches can also benefit from some of the information in it.
Some of the things that I really like are...
- It is written in an easy to understand, simple manner.
- There are several games in the book, including mazes and crosswords.
- Lots of graphics and diagrams
- Big type
- The easy to understand language is great for clarifying things like the often misunderstood "offside" rule.
- Information like field dimensions and "parts" of the field
- Book encourages good nutrition in your kids
- Small section with practice games
I even learned a set free-kick play that I use with my tournament team from it.
If you check my other reviews, you will see that I read many books on soccer, sports, and coaching in general, and I highly recommend this book for kids 9 and under as well as adults who need a kid's introduction to soccer.
This bool manages to cover quite a bit in spite of it's "basic" nature. Earlier this year I had a chance to assistant coach and will be returning in the fall and for me (and my older boys) this was an ideal book to get your feet wet on a sport that is rapidly growing in popularity here in the States.
Go USMNT and USWNT Soccer teams !!! Go NYRB and Portland Timbers !!!
Most recent customer reviews
My granddaughter loves it