Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-5 of 5 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 7 reviews
on July 12, 2013
The author, a former single mom, gives some practical suggestions about improving the single mom's circumstances. The most valuable part of the book (for me, a mom with a stable income) is the section where the authors explain practical ways to think about retirement and possible ways to invest your money. They explain various CDs, IRAs, bonds, funds, insurance, etc. The explanations are basic and good for women who have a steady job, stable life, and now have to think about the future.

There are sections about getting out of debt, saving, health/life insurance, and starting your own business. Some of it is common sense but all suggestions make sense. Now, the hard part is doing it!!

It's a very practical book in a no nonsense, neutral tone.
on January 22, 2014
easy to read and understand but the majority of the suggestions in this book are nothing new. i would suggest borrowing this book before buying it.
on March 10, 2016
I bought this for a penny, and I'm still giving it just two stars. Every other personal finance book I own or have gotten from my library has been more practical and more interesting to read. Maybe I've just read too many of these books and have personal finance book fatigue--there is a LOT of repetition from book to book on this topic!

That said, if I were in a situation of dealing with child support, I might get something out of that section. I imagine it's quite difficult to find specific advice about that topic, so hopefully some folks will find that section useful.
on June 25, 2010
Exact product as promised. Recommend seller!!!
on March 15, 2013
This would be helpful for anyone who is just figuring out their finances. It did make me feel good to know that I'm not as bad off financially as some people. ha ha ha.