Evil Dead 2
25th Anniversary Edition
|Additional Blu-ray options||Edition||Discs||
|New from||Used from|
|Watch Instantly with||Rent||Buy|
Customers who bought this item also bought
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Ash (Bruce Campbell), the sole survivor of THE EVIL DEAD, returns to the same cabin in the woods and again unleashes the forces of the dead. With his girlfriend possessed by the demons and his body parts running amok, Ash is forced to single- handedly battle the legions of the damned as the most lethal – and groovy – hero in horror movie history! Welcome to EVIL DEAD II, director Sam Raimi’s infamous sequel to THE EVIL DEAD and outrageous prequel to ARMY OF DARKNESS!
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Normally I like to know what special features I'm getting so I'll list those below (mostly taken straight off the box):
- Audio Commentary with Sam Raimi, Bruce Campbell, Scott, Spiegel, Greg Nicotero
- "Dead by Dawn" - the film makers reflect on the long journey this sequel took to reach the screen.
- "The Chosen Ones" - interviews with Bruce Campbell, Sarah Berry, Danny Hicks, Ted Raimi, Kassie Wesley, and Richard Domeier
- "Madman Sam" - cast and crew react to working with Sam Raimi
- "Dead Effects" - a look at the special effects with Mark Shostrom, Greg Nicotero, Howard Berger, Robert Kurtzman, Shannon Shea
- "Re-Animated" - animators Doug Beswick, Tom Sullivan, Rick Cazitone detail the stop motion work
- "Method to Madness" - a close look at the cinematography and production design along with cast memories on set
- "Rosebud" - a detailed examination of the films editing, original release, and eventual cult-class status
- "Road to Wadesboro" - an all-new journey back to the original shooting location with property master and filmmaker Tony Elwood
- "Cabin Fever" - a series of production videos taken on set of the film by Greg Nicotero
- Featurettes, Still Galleries, Trailers
Evil Dead II is one of the best horror comedy movies ever made.
This one really stands in a category of its own.
Evil Dead II is a cult/horror/action/splatter/comedy classic.
In brief, a group of friends go out to the woods & stay in a remote cabin for a weekend.
The entire situation is creepy from the start.
Something is not right & you find out rather quickly what that is.
From the moment the group arrived, they experience something connected to another world.
This experience is based on pure evil.
The group of friends soon discover some prior cabin visitors experimented with opening up portals to other worlds.
The key to this experiment is something called the book of dead.
Once the evil is unleashed, there is no stopping it.
Evil Dead II is full of memorable scenes and quotes.
Some of them funny & some of them horrific.
Evil Dead II was preceded by Evil Dead I, which is also very memorable, & followed by Army of Darkness.
The lead role in these films is portrayed by Bruce Campbell. It was directed by Sam Raimi.
Evil Dead II is still held in high regard by horror fans today.
Secured cult classic status [this film you should see before you die]
Sam Raimi broke new ground with this film in style & substance
Bruce Campbell is an awesome B movie actor [His character Ash has been copied by other movies & video games alike--Duke Nukem comes to mind]
Filled with countless one-liners ["You're going down!" & "Groovie!"]
All zombie/horror films where the hero uses a chainsaw owes a debt to this movie
Evil laughing demonically possessed deer's head
The Necronomicon Ex-Mortis is the coolest horror prop of all time
Possessed hand that flips Ash the bird
The remixed sound is outstanding
The special features are great, especially the making of Evil Dead 2 [It's Ted Raimi in the possessed old lady makeup]
The stop-motion animation & minitures don't hold up well to HD viewing [It was decent for 1987]
NOTE: Sam Raimi's director calling card is to have the 1973 Oldsmobile that Ash drives in all of his films. Much like Stanley Kubrick always had a bathroom scene in his films, Raimi includes this car. It's in Spiderman driven by Uncle Ben when he is killed. The next film "Army of Darkness" is also pretty good, but not groundbreaking like this one. I am not really a fan of the original Evil Dead. I've read that this edition is better than the original blu-ray release, but I have not seen that one to compare. Overall, you must see this film!