BCA Month Salon Beauty Magazine Deals Hallo nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Electronics Gift Guide $69.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop hgg17 Save $30 on a Deep Cleaning Appointment curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family Now shipping All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on October 16, 2017
The originals were no masterpiece. However, they were fun and interesting, if a bit campy. This film ticks every box for a bad horror movie. Inconsistent set pieces, clichéd dialogue with exposition fountains, boring and bland characters, and awful CGI to top it all off make this a rental I wish I could refund.
on July 6, 2017
This is how to do a remake! This is a super fun, bloody ride. A divergence from the original Evil Dead films, but not so much as to alienate fans of the original and a ton of nice Easter eggs. Definitely listen to the commentary track, as there are a lot of things you probably missed. Well acted and directed, and the set design and special effects are excellent, with some (but not too much GCI). Some of the most disturbing scenes in the franchise. A great film at a good price on Blu-ray.
on January 8, 2017
Scary, serious take on a Classic. A must have for any fan of the Evil Dead Series or horror fans..
on February 4, 2017
One of my favorites in recent years. This took cabin the the woods type horror films to a whole new level. This time the entire movie is contained within the house so you're left wondering what's around every corner. Definitely rewatching this one.
on February 13, 2016
This is one of my favorite horror movies ever made! A group of people stay in a cabin in the woods but little do they know that this location was once used in dark magic rituals. They find a book of spells and perform a fake ritual but soon find out that sometimes fake is close enough. One of them, a young girl, is soon demon possessed and starts to attack them in violent, gruesome ways! This movie reminds me of a combination of The Exorcist with the original Evil Dead. The people who made the original also made this version and they really nailed it! This version is twice as good and deserves every good rating it gets! The movie is rated R for violence, gore, language, and scary imagery. Easily in my top 5 horror films ever!
on January 2, 2016
Everything an evil dead fan could expect. Demonic possession, grisly bodily harm, freaky goings on galore and relentless brutal evil. Jane Levy does a great job of the demonic terrified Mia, all she wanted to do was kick heroin at her parents cabin in the woods. What she got was evil beyond understanding. Not for the freight of heart.
on June 30, 2017
I liked the original a ton and I'm glad that this remake chose the high road and stuck to physical SFX rather than CGI! I loved the opening prologue and back story that you get with this movie rather than it being just a couple of teens headed to the cabin for a weekend trip like the original does.
I would easily reccommend this movie for any Horror/Thriller or just overall movie nerd! Warning: Lots of gore and fake blood! 50,000 gallons to be exact...
on March 8, 2016
Wow! If you like bloody screaming and almost sickening horror movies like me, this one is never too old to be inserted in the dvd player for a jaw crunching night! I watched this movie before on Redbox and knew that I had to own it. I waited a while for the price to come down much and after it was affordable by me, I bought it and glad I did. Its freaky and the acting as well as direction is very good. The whole family enjoyed watching it and it freaked most of us out. Great horror movie! Print was good and had no issues with the product itself. Recommended!
on December 20, 2015
Much better than I thought.
This has the same framework as the original but is its own story. If you go in with that mindset you will enjoy the show.

It is not tongue-n-cheek nor is it slapstick. This is a realistic brutal version of the story.
on October 30, 2014
I was never really impressed by the trailer for this movie so I hadn't watched it til now. And after watching cabin in the woods I was even more leery of it. But I'm glad I did. I was looking for a good scary movie for Halloween and I found it. This movie is awesome and it has very good actors in it. The movie is so much more more brutal than I thought it would be and it has a creepiness to it as well. Shiloh Fernandez and Jane Levy are great. Jane Levy's role was awesome and she was very believable. Whoever hasn't watched it yet needs to give it a chance. You may love it