Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Oprah's Book Club Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now TG18SW_gno

on December 12, 2017
I've never understood why some horror fans are so unreceptive to the idea of remaking a classic. If a film maker wants to add a new dimension to a well-known movie, why not? If it doesn't work, we still have the original. And if it does work, then we also have a new film to enjoy.

The original Evil Dead is certainly a horror classic, and this remake is an excellent reimagining of the story. With a bigger budget and decades of special effect advancements at their disposal, the makers of this film have delivered a body slam of a movie. It has a creepy, dreadful atmosphere, scary visuals and a staggering amount of gore. This cast also does a great job.

If you're looking for subtlety and understatement this is not the best choice for you. But if you want a movie that delivers an unrepentant (and gross) scare fest, give it a look!
on November 21, 2016
Best Horror Movie EVER!?! I was told they made an original of this back in the 70’s? Haven’t seen it, but my family loves scary movies and we have seen the majority of the ones out. This has to be one of the scariest, if not the scariest! I also never “re- watch” movies I have already seen, but I know I’ve watched this atleast 5 times!! Just an FYI: I have a younger daughter that we allow to watch “certain ones”, but I would NOT advise this one for a young child!
on March 8, 2016
Wow! If you like bloody screaming and almost sickening horror movies like me, this one is never too old to be inserted in the dvd player for a jaw crunching night! I watched this movie before on Redbox and knew that I had to own it. I waited a while for the price to come down much and after it was affordable by me, I bought it and glad I did. Its freaky and the acting as well as direction is very good. The whole family enjoyed watching it and it freaked most of us out. Great horror movie! Print was good and had no issues with the product itself. Recommended!
on November 24, 2017
should have been in this but its still awesome as a stand alone unique film. the intro helps to give some perspective but for those not familiar with the evil dead franchise it still helps to explain things in a cool way.
on February 4, 2017
One of my favorites in recent years. This took cabin the the woods type horror films to a whole new level. This time the entire movie is contained within the house so you're left wondering what's around every corner. Definitely rewatching this one.
on October 5, 2015
not as engaging as the original, but OMG is this ever one helluva gratuitous gorefest! Pretty clever allowing the tripped out sister be the lone survivor this time; the numerous role variations worked for me. Technically brilliant--enjoy!
on January 10, 2018
I really loved this film. Surprisingly I loved it. I wouldn't say it was scary but it was shocking, gory, bloody very bloody and just so cool. I'd say it is worthy of being called a remake.
on January 6, 2015
I've not seen the original Evil Dead, but this Evil Dead certainly gave me some insight. This movies plot-line isn't the greatest, that's for sure, but it sure is the biggest uncensored gore-fest I have ever witnessed, and will certainly churn even the strongest of stomachs at times. This is definitely a good watch for any horror movie fanatic.
on December 20, 2015
Much better than I thought.
This has the same framework as the original but is its own story. If you go in with that mindset you will enjoy the show.

It is not tongue-n-cheek nor is it slapstick. This is a realistic brutal version of the story.
on October 30, 2014
I was never really impressed by the trailer for this movie so I hadn't watched it til now. And after watching cabin in the woods I was even more leery of it. But I'm glad I did. I was looking for a good scary movie for Halloween and I found it. This movie is awesome and it has very good actors in it. The movie is so much more more brutal than I thought it would be and it has a creepiness to it as well. Shiloh Fernandez and Jane Levy are great. Jane Levy's role was awesome and she was very believable. Whoever hasn't watched it yet needs to give it a chance. You may love it