Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle MozartintheJungle  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis Tailgating STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 848 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 1,133 reviews
on December 13, 2016
I already own the blu ray release of this movie, which is the theatrical cut. After watching the cut scenes on youtube that were put back into this unrated version, I realized that I needed the unrated version of this movie.

Even though the cut scenes are only around 5 minutes total, they add several new scenes to the movie which just makes it that much better in my opinion and really harkens back to the original.

The addition of "we're gonna get you" (which was shown in the original trailer), as well as the girlfriend saying "give me back my hand", more tongue slicing gore, and now I understand where they got the original movie poster from with Mia walking down the road in a new scene at the end.

I just wish they would release this version on blu ray - come on guys!!

Bottom line - if you liked the theatrical version, do yourself a favor and see the unrated version. It is soooo much better!
on May 23, 2016
I went into this film with an open mind, trying not to let the originals cloud my judgment. I'm happy to say that this film set outs what it says it will do, by drenching you in Gore, blood, and insanity. If you're a fan of the originals like i am I think you'll like it overall, The gripes that I had with it were that I think they rushed it a little too much... They could have spent more time building tension and suspense and the acting while it's satisfactory at best, buy the last 35 minutes of the movie I didn't really end up caring about any of the characters. In conclusion if you like the originals I think you'll like this for what it is, yeah ash isn't here but the director told the story in his own way, and I think he succeeds
on August 7, 2017
This is the reincarnation of a brutally violent, morally disgusting, cringe-inducing psychological horror. The action is so disturbing that some people will turn it off. If you can see the humor and artistic merit in a film that really shouldn't have been made in the first place, you'll love this.

Everyone else will hate it.
on July 6, 2017
This is how to do a remake! This is a super fun, bloody ride. A divergence from the original Evil Dead films, but not so much as to alienate fans of the original and a ton of nice Easter eggs. Definitely listen to the commentary track, as there are a lot of things you probably missed. Well acted and directed, and the set design and special effects are excellent, with some (but not too much GCI). Some of the most disturbing scenes in the franchise. A great film at a good price on Blu-ray.
on February 8, 2015
I am a total fan boy of the original Evil Dead trilogy that I was glad to see they went a different direction. I knew that it had to be good because both Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell were producers on the film. They did none of the campy fun from the original and went full blown horror. The young actors all did a great job and it leaves a resonating creepiness with you. When I saw this in the theatre there was a young woman behind us crying.
on April 23, 2015
I was VERY leery when I heard they were doing a remake, but this movie scared the crud out of me. There was definitely some fun, unique new stuff in here, while keeping the flavor of the original classic!
on January 8, 2017
Scary, serious take on a Classic. A must have for any fan of the Evil Dead Series or horror fans..
on February 4, 2017
One of my favorites in recent years. This took cabin the the woods type horror films to a whole new level. This time the entire movie is contained within the house so you're left wondering what's around every corner. Definitely rewatching this one.
on December 22, 2016
This is in a completely different style from the earlier Evil Dead films. It's more dark, and ABSOLUTELY GUT-WRENCHINGLY DISGUSTING. It will literally be a challenge keeping yourself from turning away from the screen at times. And yes, people reported having to walk out of the theaters during this movie. Bruce Campbell was heard expressing his pride with that. He says, "that's when you know it really is a great horror film!" Aside from that, it's not terrible. Nothing special.. The earlier Evil Dead's/Army of Darkness, I can watch AGAIN and AGAIN. This one? Heck no!
on February 13, 2016
This is one of my favorite horror movies ever made! A group of people stay in a cabin in the woods but little do they know that this location was once used in dark magic rituals. They find a book of spells and perform a fake ritual but soon find out that sometimes fake is close enough. One of them, a young girl, is soon demon possessed and starts to attack them in violent, gruesome ways! This movie reminds me of a combination of The Exorcist with the original Evil Dead. The people who made the original also made this version and they really nailed it! This version is twice as good and deserves every good rating it gets! The movie is rated R for violence, gore, language, and scary imagery. Easily in my top 5 horror films ever!