- Series: Monographs in Behavior and Ecology
- Paperback: 368 pages
- Publisher: Princeton University Press; 1 edition (March 1, 1991)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0691025169
- ISBN-13: 978-0691025162
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.8 x 9.2 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.4 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,279,724 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
The Evolution of Parental Care 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Customers who bought this item also bought
Clutton-Brock's book is a lucidly written and comprehensive review of the literature. It is an essential guide for those who wish to know who cares and how in the animal kingdom. (New Scientist)
From the Back Cover
Synthesizing studies of parental care in a wide variety of animals, this book is the first attempt to provide general answers to the following important questions: Why does the extent of parental care vary so widely between species? Why do only females care for eggs and young in some animals, only males in others, and both parents in a few?