Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Shop Popular Services  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis GNO Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno
Customer Discussions > The Origin of Species forum

Evolution : The religion of Police states .

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2008, 8:02:32 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 25, 2008, 9:01:34 PM PDT
B. Ditch says:
Congratulations, you are an idiot. First, I shouldn;t even dignify such and idiotic statement with a response. You don't support and of your arguments, and most are can't be supported, because their your inane and ridiculous statement. But, instead of me supporting my beliefs, I shall rebut yours.

While Stalin was most certainly an atheist, Hitler was a christian. While his actions may not have been very christ-like, he still believed in a personal god and based many of his decisions on a Christian Ideal. At the very least, he was christian enough act against Jews, and motivate people with God inspired monologues. There is no point in arguing whether he actually is or isn't a Christian. He himself thought he was a christian, and therefor was. We, as an intelligent species, cannot begin telling other people what they are and are not. Hitler was a Christian.

While I canot address Pol pot, I find it ironic that you should mention Current American Government. The last years of bush have been some of the most backwards as well as religious. Prior to Reagan, people still believed that in seperation of state and religion, yet since Reagan, the extremely non religious leader was Clinton (which surprise, was a time of great economic power and freedom) Our current administration's view on religion is everywhere. Hell, Bush thinks that God has instructed him to run for President, bomb Iraqm etc,

You say that evolution and scientific thinking has corrupted the last 3 to 4 generations. In you small head, it may seem this way. But such thinking has lead to great scientific inquieries. Life expectancy is not 75ish, a record. Among that war is down and the existance of vaccines .

How strange, to, I find it that you would say that an evolutionist would not value life. Evolutionists and atheists have only those around us. It the religious, such as Muslims, who believe life is so little that thousands should die in suicide bomb plots. In the old testament, God would ask faithful christians, not only to sacrifice themselves, but also their loved ones. God also promotes genocide in the old testament.

It is the religious who have killed time and time again. The Jihaad of Islam is an evergoing war that has taken thousands of lives. The crusades, back in the day, have also been motivated by religion. Even the Holcaust, with it's modern tone, still echos of religious insanity. You say that a nonbeliver doesn't believe in the value of life, yet that is all they have. It is the religious who believe that the afterlife is valuable enough to sacrifice the current, even sacrifice others. How could you possibly say that evolution is paved with blood and genocide. It is religion, hell, God had no problem flooding the world for Noah. Isn't that blood and genocide?

Finally, evolution cannot be wrong. It is a theory. It definitly isn't correct. As of now, it's a "best guess." At anytime, someone may challenge it, research, even prove beyond a doubt that it is incorrect. If done scientifically show, all evolutionists will gladly drop their beliefs in light of new evidence. Religion however, cannot be changed. It is wrong, yet there is no fixeruper to it. Idiots like you will continue beliving it, no matter how hard the evidence against it stands. You call it faith, and believe it's a good thing. But I ask you, since when has beliving in a ridiculous story despite evidence ever been a good thing?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2010, 7:44:04 PM PST
Congratalations kevin you are a liar and an idiot. Darwin was banned in Nazi Germany, as "Jewish science" (you'd have more insight into their notions and logic than I, because you think more like them) and Stalin endorsed Lysenko's theories which in turn were based on Lamarcks, not Darwin's. I seriously doubt the lunatics in the Kmer Rouge gav much thought to biology there is certainly no evidence that they thought as you say. All of those lunatics believed an ideology without evidence, as do you. Good scientists don't make that mistake. You may claim ignorance of these facts, but you claim knowledge, so either way you are a liar.

You make claims with no evidence because you hate that science is not subordinate to your peculiar philosophy. Do you think that God wants you to be a liar? Do you think God needs you to lie to help him out? You are immoral and beneath contempt.

Posted on Sep 19, 2012, 12:39:04 AM PDT
JIM WICKSON says:
Look at all the "no smoking" signs around these days!
Do you know who else was against smoking?
HITLER!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQJQnjUUc2k
:)

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 29, 2013, 11:18:49 AM PDT
J. Heaton says:
And he was a vegetarian. Imagine what we could do with that in our beef loving country. :-)
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2008
Latest post:  Oct 29, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

This discussion is about
Origin of Species
Origin of Species by L. Harrison Matthews (Paperback - May 1962)
4.2 out of 5 stars (1,167)