|Price:||$29.88 - $120.00|
|Fits as expected||
- Made in US
- Synthetic sole
- Profile: Asymmetrical
- Upper: Synthetic (perforated Synthratek upper); Lining: Nylon (comfortable and plush)
- Midsole: MX-P: 1mm sensitive half-length
- Rand: VTR rand (thick front toe area)
- Sole: 4.2mm TRAX® high friction rubber
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
The classic Evolv Defy gets a major upgrade for 2017. Not only does it have a fresh new look, but features an improved, more anatomical fit. The new high quality upper material, Synthratek VX, offers a soft but secure fit and is treated with a new anti-microbial mesh material to eliminate odor and the build up of bacteria.
- Product Dimensions: 14 x 7 x 5 inches
- Shipping Weight: 5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- ASIN: B01MSWAS4M
- Item model number: EVL0187
- Date first listed on Amazon: March 20, 2013
- Domestic Shipping: Currently, item can be shipped only within the U.S. and to APO/FPO addresses. For APO/FPO shipments, please check with the manufacturer regarding warranty and support issues.
- International Shipping: This item is not eligible for international shipping. Learn More
- Average Customer Review:
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
I wear a 9.5 street shoe, and have a pair of evolv optimus primes in 9.5 which are a little too tight for me as I get back into climbing after a couple of years off(pain in my feet has been cutting my sessions short). My feet are a little wide although I still wear normal width shoes. I got the Defy's in a size 9.5. They fit snugly and are not too tight that I feel they need breaking in. As these are synthetic uppers, these shoes will not stretch like leather shoes will anyway. My toes are curled within the toebox of the shoe and walking is decently comfortable.
I've attached a picture of me standing on a step, supporting my full body weight, with about a half inch of shoe on the step. If you size up in order to let your shoes fit without your toes curling, you might have trouble doing this. As your climbing transitions above the casual level, at about v4 and 5.10, you will need to put a lot of weight onto small holds, and will want a snug shoe for solid heel hooks and smearing without your shoe twisting off your foot. I suggest buying your true size. If comfort is very important to you and you are a casual climber, go up maybe a half or full size. If you climb at a high level and want a value-priced extra pair, maybe go a half size down.
As far as the shoes go, these look and feel solid for the price, and I think these will do fine. I love my optimus primes and felt confident buying evolv again. Climb on!
There are WAY too small though. I'm a Mens 10.5-11 in regular shoes. I ordered a size 12 of these, as rock climbing shoes run small. I should have ordered a 13 or 14 even. my toes are very squished in it, which is bearable for rock climbing, but uncomfortable to just wear around.
On a positive note, the width of the shoe is actually perfectly comfy, its only the length that is the issue.