Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals HPC Enlightenment Now Red Shoes We Love nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Stream your favorites. Amazon music Unlimited. Learn more. All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon MMM MMM MMM  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop now TG18SW_gno

on March 9, 2017
Two stars simply because I enjoy the way they fit, but other than that these are total hype now. It seems like ExOfficio has performed a classic bait and switch. Apparently these used to be stellar. After some machine/hand washings the waistband on my boxer-brief version bunched up. These have pilled after one hand washing. Sure they dry quickly if you squeeze 'em out, wrap 'em in a towel and hang em up - but any synthetic boxer will. They don't seem to get smelly, so that's a plus. As it is, they're too expensive. Wait until the quality is restored, or move on to something else. The recent negative reviews are for real.
review imagereview image
on February 15, 2015
I never thought that I would be extolling the virtues of my underwear, but the ExOfficio men's brief is deserving of praise. Unlike the advertisements I own numerous sets of the product in several colors, and I have thrown out all of my old cotton underwear no matter how soft and friendly they've become. I did purchase a pair of ExOfficos at an REI sale several years ago so I have data on wear and longevity. Were it not for the blue color of my first set of ExOfficios I would not be able to tell how Old Blue had fared through five years of machine washings compared with recently-purchased sets: there is no discernible difference - no sagging seat, no de-elasticized waistbands, no fading colors. Nothing. So, my search for my Nirvana of underwear is complete. On to other things.
on December 10, 2017
Well I tried the premise with these, went on a two week trip with just two pairs of these, and I wasn't disappointed. This trip involved daily trekking and walking, so they got their fair share of love. One pair for wearing and one pair for washing, switch back and forth everyday. They air dry fully overnight. I was surprised that with the synthetic material, they actually didn't get too smelly after a full day's walking, props on that. The material is somewhat porous, so if you shave the "nethers", and the hair grows back to a certain length, you will get some uncomfortable sticking in the material, so be advised on that, but I don't really blame the underwear for that, just depends on your lifestyle. Maybe tmi. Good underwear though overall.
on December 25, 2014
I ordered one pair of these briefs, and one pair of their boxers, because I wanted something that I could easily wash, dry and rewear, for those times that I only wear underwear around the house (when I don't yet have a full load of laundry to put in the washing machine).

These are very comfortable, the fabric has a wonderful feel, and I plan to wash them in the shower (while I'm briefly {pun intended} wearing them) then let them dry while I wear the other pair. (NOTE: This is an in-between-full-load laundry solution.)

What else can I say about underwear other than, when I need to go weeks without washing and drying laundry, I'll use cheaper multi-pack underwear that require me to go to the laundromat once in awhile.

John

EDITED later because of comment received on 2/2/2015

GREEN SOLUTION:

Instead of running the washing machine on a half-load, I can wait for a full load by the stop-gap measure of washing these with soap and water while showering (using my skin to keep the material temporarily stretched), then hanging them up to dry while I finish my shower the normal way.

The material is nice enough that it will dry nicely (and more quickly than the normal cotton briefs).
on April 30, 2016
Does as expected, dries quickly. Two complaints: one is the fabric around the leg bottoms, whathaveyou is too ample, meaning that after strenuous exercise (in which I partake regularly because I'm super fly) the fabric tends chafe the opposite inner thigh. I discovered this most unfortunately during a half-marathon—yeah, I'm fit like that. It wasn't even a big deal (though I couldn't walk the next day and in fact am still bedridden years later).

The second complaint is that the material tends to pill rather easily. I am suspicious of the products I bought on Amazon, and products in general, of the once tried-and-true versions being bought and replaced with cheap knockoffs. I can't say that's happening here, but the knowledge that it could happen drives me crazy and makes me less willing to buy in the future.
on February 15, 2016
I love the ExOfficio Men's underwear products. These are great underwear for general, daily use. The material is very comfortable and doesn't ride up during the day. I find that the medium fits well for me (32" waist), maybe a bit too big, but about what I expect for underwear (the next time I order, I think I will try a small). I do realize that there are numerous reviews that indicate that they run a bit too small, but this has not been my experience. I stated that they "Fit as expected" as underwear, in my opinion should be a bit breathable.

I have found that some of the colors tend to have a different feel than others (not sure why that is). My favorites are the blue and the green, but the others are all nice too (I wouldn't use this as a deciding factor, but before ordering too many in one color, I think that is important to realize).
on August 15, 2016
This is the third time I ordered more of these shorts. Great fit and comfort. Good for daily wear and even under swim shorts or running shorts that aren't lined. They dry quickly too. I have enough pair that I to be able to wear a fresh pair every day. Even with everyday wear my first pair has lasted several years (3-4) until the elastic has begun to give out. No other brief I tried comes close.
on February 9, 2015
I bought two pair of these to use when backpacking. So far, they are working out great - wear one pair and wash the other each day. During the day, it hangs discretely from my backpack and dries while we're hiking. (I got the green so it would sort of blend in with my pack.) They're ready to go by the end of the day. They also seem to chafe a lot less than cotton. Durability is excellent for the cost.

I will agree with the prior reviews that these seem to run a little small. I would not necessarily go a full size but if you're on the border of their recommendations, round up.
on September 24, 2016
These are great brief. Traveling is a breeze. At night wash with any soap. Hang over shower to dry and they are ready to wear next morning. I have 3 pair, lightweight and space saving.
on June 2, 2015
Very strange, I bought two briefs size Large. gray and a black one in two separate orders, both were different in fabric and size!!! The gray brief had a much rougher material that felt like a fine grade sand paper, where the black had a softer fabric. The gray brief was a bit larger, loose and has higher rise, where the black brief had a better and perfect fit, also a bit lower rise, and comfortable. The gray brief was very uncomfortable all day due to the scratchy rough surface, as I was sitting in my office I kept thinking about my rough scratchy brief, this was just my experience. I hate to say it, but I decided to return the gray brief as it is not wearable and kept the black, then turned around and ordered another black, I was not going to take another chance and venture with a different color brief, The two stars are for the gray brief experience, but five stars for the black brief.

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.