Truck Reviews Beauty Warlight Men's slip on sneakers nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Unlimited Music. Always ad-free. Learn more. PCB for select Bang & Olufsen Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Shop by look Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheGrandTour TheGrandTour TheGrandTour  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 9, 2013
I am TELLING YOU, get a pair of exofficio give and go boxer briefs. they are amazing. they are not boxers, they are clippings of God's beard spun into dick armor.
2,574 people found this helpful
|5150+ comments|Report abuse
on September 13, 2017
I own about ~15 pairs of this boxer brief and have been wearing them for a little over a year (I tried one pair, liked it, replaced whole drawer).

They are great to start, however, the waist band consistently stretches out on many pairs. I'm a normal sized fit guy (160lbs, wear a medium)... but what happens is the elastic will start to bunch up (in the front usually) then they quickly stretch out completely. The only thing that keeps them ups is my actual clothes over them.

Get that underwear wear out... but at ~$26 each with normal wear (~40 per year) I'd expect them to last a little longer!
review imagereview imagereview image
6 people found this helpful
on September 15, 2017
Fit is good. It breaths well, doesn't ride up, is comfortable. Washes really well, and doesn't retain sweat, so it is good for sports and biking & hiking. Bad point: the waist band suddenly disintegrated after a couple of years, for no reason. It happened to 2 out of 3 briefs I had bought. The one that survived was newer. For $25-$30 underwear this is not acceptable. Either poor material, or designed for obsolescence so you would be forced to buy new one. Either way not good. My review is mixed, as a result. I like them very much while they lasted, but felt cheated when they fell apart more quickly than cheaper competitors.
3 people found this helpful
on June 20, 2010
i bought 2 pair of these underwear after reading the excellent reviews.

i needed something for extended walks/bike rides (8-10 miles) to help prevent chafing and to keep me comfortable and dry. these definitely do the trick. cotton briefs were making my walks miserable and to the point of being unbearable.

at first, looking at the $25 price tag for a pair of underwear, i was almost to the point of trying to live with the discomfort. thank goodness i went ahead and purchased these. it is unbelievable how much of a difference these make for my walks. btw.. i now walk/ride 10-12 miles at a time with no discomfort at all.

care for this item is almost too simple. i wash mine in the bathroom sink with a very small amount of detergent and hang dry for a few hours and they are ready to go again.

my advice - buy you a pair and you will not regret the price one bit.

UPDATE - after owning these garments for 5 months and after a good test run in the extreme heat and alot of hand washings, i recommend these underwear even more. they have held up great and the comfort is excellent. i initially bought 2 pair because of the price scare. i see them at $17.98(size large/ocean color) each with free shipping. keep an eye on the price as it fluctuates often. i am ordering 3 more pair today.

UPDATE 2 (7/1/14) - 4 years later and the Exofficio boxer briefs are still holding together very, very well. No fraying and just a little bit thinner. These underwear are the real deal. I now own 12 pairs and love them as much today as i did 4 years ago when i started wearing these
576 people found this helpful
|55 comments|Report abuse
The fabric used in these is widely available in underwear that is much better made. These are terribly made:

1. They have a thick tag in the back that is irritating. It's inexcusable to place a tag in a pair of underwear these days. Anyone can just print the information.

2. The seams are poorly sewn and are also irritating/abrasive.

3. The waistband is the same as the cheapest pair of cotton underwear in a 5-pack.

4. The cut and shaping is poor. I have never had a pair of underwear that I need to be pulling on and adjusting so much throughout the day. They just slip around a lot.

For this price, you should look into other brands like Tommy John or Duluth Trading Buck Naked underwear.
2 people found this helpful
on July 8, 2015
First, these feel great, are light, smooth and do a GREAT job of keeping you cool and dry. I want to throw my other boxers out immediately.

However all three pairs I own began fraying and fuzzing beneath the center of the back waist band. An area about 4 inches in diameter. At that point it was the first time I'd worn them and I had done nothing but sit at a desk for 9 or so hours, so I was a bit concerned about the quality of the thin fabric. I've worn them about 3 times each pair, and all have the same issue in the same spot. Maybe I have super sweat, maybe I sit in some bizarre angle that is causing this, but for $20+ a pop I can't say I'll be buying more given that they show wear after ONE use.

They do wick moisture and feel great, but my first impression was "wow that's thin fabric" - followed by immediate visible wear on multiple pairs.

I'll post back if this is not superficial and they stand up to the test of time, but I won't buy another pair until these last another month or two.

Well as of 10/4/15 - they HAVE stood up and haven't gotten worse. Still a little weird that they got that way in the first place, but I've since ordered three more pair and they are fine so far. I've since tried a few more boxers like this and the ex officio is still to be recommended.

5/14/17 - These are definitely more durable than was first indicated. Still very recommended - added star.
One person found this helpful
on November 10, 2014
Here we go, I give this boxer brief 5 stars :) 5 stars for an underwear? Simply because it is indeed comfortable and very breathable. The material is very cool. You get what you pay for. Agreed, this is as expensive as a 5 pack superstore item (heck there is even a bonus underwear at times in that pack). So many of us possibly will not own dozens of ExOfficio (like we do with the others). So it's possible we will own a mix. That is where you will notice the difference. ExOfficio is light. It looks pretty durable too. Won't ride up and squeeze your areas of importance. So if these last for a few yrs, it's very worth the investment. We will see how the material and elastic waistband hold up. I wear a medium so the fit is slightly larger than others I normally wear. So that is the only negative I see. They have not shrunk like cotton. I don't know much about hand washing in the sink (like the package sleeve mentions ;) but even for a normal daily wear and sports activity, this works perfect.

+++ Updated June 11 2015 +++
I now own four pairs. After successfully testing the first one a few months ago, I ended up buying a few more during their sale offers. However I decided to go for a size small to get a better fit. I am a size 32 however when I bought the medium, they did not feel as snug as medium in other brands. I think this is because these are not cotton and don't shrink at all. So the small fits me better. I hope these hold well over the months and maybe even years! They feel great and don't ride up a lot. Soft to the skin and look great!
on June 25, 2015
Know what you like. I wanted to like these, but they don't work well for me. I'm 6'1 and 171 pounds, 63 years old, and I bought the medium in gray, which is, I think right for me. I've been wearing stretch trunks that are 95/5 cotton/spandex. I like them better. I need more support, and the ExO's don't give me what I need where I need it. The stretch trunks do. They tighten up around me perfectly. The Ex's are loose where I want support. I can run distances in the trunks; I wouldn't want to run very long in the ExO's. The trunks are also smooth and soft. I didn't realize how much I like that. The ExO's, in contrast, are rougher in texture, and I can feel that difference when I work, sitting, at my desk. The trunks are cooler, the ExO's warmer. I perspire equally in both, but the cool absorbency of the cotton is just something I like. I bought the ExO's because I'll be traveling internationally in warm weather, and I would love to minimize my packing and cut back on underwear. The ExO's wash and dry faster and better than my trunks. That's why I bought them. But the trade-offs don't add up for me. Again, know what you like.
on July 13, 2015
I read a lot of the reviews for these, and the consensus was that these were the best boxer briefs available short of spending an absurd amount of money on Icebreaker or some other merino product. I picked up a pair in advance of a hiking trip in the Ozarks - we hiked 12.5 miles of pretty serious topography, and waded across a river, and they absolutely, positively lived up to their reputation. I was comfortable all day, well supported, and chafed not at all. I've tried similar (but less pricey) synthetic underwear before, and have had pretty good results, but there's a thin line between good support and unnecessary binding, and the other brands can tend toward the latter, particularly when wearing technical pants that have a lot of flex to them. The Give-N-Go briefs gave me no such trouble.

In fact, from the feet up, I wore Keen Targhee IIs, Injinji crew socks, Patagonia Rock Craft pants, my Give-N-Go briefs, and a knock-off brand synthetic sun shirt, and, after the hike, I was the only one in the group that had neither chafed nor blistered. Mission accomplished.
on June 30, 2012
I came from regular various cotton boxer briefs, silk, sport, CK. The second I put these on I felt quite a relieving "chill" of comfort that I was surprised by. I was skeptical to buy them, given they are very expensive for a single pair of briefs - however they are by far worth it. I've been buying about one pair every month or so and replacing everything else I own with them. I have recommended them to three different people - and convinced them to use them exclusively as well. They do not hold odor in, so if you wear them for a couple days, work out in them, or whatever - they will not stink.

I wear them as my dailies, but they've replaced my other special purpose briefs. Like working out - I like them a lot better then my other compression boxer briefs. While they don't "compress" as much obviously - they seem to wick moisture a lot better then any other boxer briefs I've had, and generally feel more comfortable when working out. I also wear them backpacking when I'm out in the wilderness for a week or so at a time and don't lug around extra change of clothes on my back. They wash up well in a little bit of water, and dry within a few hours. I'd definitely recommend anyone looking for a luxury pair of boxers, and has never felt comfort in their shorts before, to try these.
|0Comment|Report abuse

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.