Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Year So Far STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Nintendo Switch Water Sports toystl17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 568 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 613 reviews
on March 9, 2017
Two stars simply because I enjoy the way they fit, but other than that these are total hype now. It seems like ExOfficio has performed a classic bait and switch. Apparently these used to be stellar. After some machine/hand washings the waistband on my boxer-brief version bunched up. These have pilled after one hand washing. Sure they dry quickly if you squeeze 'em out, wrap 'em in a towel and hang em up - but any synthetic boxer will. They don't seem to get smelly, so that's a plus. As it is, they're too expensive. Wait until the quality is restored, or move on to something else. The recent negative reviews are for real.
review image review image
on July 24, 2016
These underwear are simply amazing. (Note: The rest of this paragraph has details that might not appeal to everyone; if you're easily grossed out, the summary is that these underwear stay incredibly clean and fresh far longer than anything else I've ever owned.) I've now worn them on two (wilderness) backpacking trips now, and I can't believe what I experienced. I would normally never consider wearing the same pair of underwear for two days, especially on a backpacking trip. However, on my first trip, at the end of the first day, I noticed that things weren't too bad, so I decided to give them one more day. Even at the end of the second day, they were shockingly un-nasty. I then wore my second pair for two more days, one of which involved an 11-mile, 4000-ft climb in 80-degree weather. Same thing. And the same thing on the second trip again. I'd estimate that these underwear stay clean 3-4x longer than a normal pair of cotton or cotton-spandex boxer briefs (which is what I usually wear).

To make these even more amazing, they are extremely comfortable. They have a nice stretch, they offer great support, and they're not too tight around the thighs.

My only complaint is that they're significantly "high rise" - if I pulled them up they'd go above my belly button. I'd much prefer it if they were medium-rise. But, I can't complain, because functionally, these underwear are simply from the year 2100.
on February 15, 2015
I never thought that I would be extolling the virtues of my underwear, but the ExOfficio men's brief is deserving of praise. Unlike the advertisements I own numerous sets of the product in several colors, and I have thrown out all of my old cotton underwear no matter how soft and friendly they've become. I did purchase a pair of ExOfficos at an REI sale several years ago so I have data on wear and longevity. Were it not for the blue color of my first set of ExOfficios I would not be able to tell how Old Blue had fared through five years of machine washings compared with recently-purchased sets: there is no discernible difference - no sagging seat, no de-elasticized waistbands, no fading colors. Nothing. So, my search for my Nirvana of underwear is complete. On to other things.
on August 19, 2016
These are great briefs. They are comfortable, fit well, particularly with the generous material in the crotch, and hold me in place. The quality is excellent. From past experience with ExOfficio underwear, I expect these to last a long time, which they should for the price. I particularly like them because I travel a lot. You can easily wash them in the hotel sink and they dry quuckly. I will definitely buy them again and recommend them highly.
on August 30, 2016
The quality of these briefs are top notch - the fabric is comfortable and it is really cool that you can basically wash them in the sink and they will be ready to go the next morning if you are trying to reduce what you are traveling with. They are definitely well built and constructed and are true to standard American sizing (Medium is waist 32 to 34 inches)

There are two negatives: First their style is a complete lack of style, they look terrible on and off. Secondly, they are a little pricey for what you get but they are sometimes available as a lighting deal or other sale.
on May 2, 2015
I tossed and turned for a couple hours about spending so much $$$ on a pair of shorts. Well, a couple yrs ago I splurged a spent like $8/pair on something like these shorts. I figured that if those could last (4 yrs ) these Exofixios probably would last a longer time . Anyway i bought a couple of these things and i have to say "I love them" . light, easy cleaning and drying and they dont start to get the fuzz thing going like the other one that I have been wearing. I like them a lot because you don't feel anything while driving,biking or hiking,etc. and they keep you cool. I go swimming in these things and no body ever thinks they are nothing but swim trunks. I always wash these garments before i use them because i like to get the dye out that is put in them....yup, black dye comes out when i hand washed them but after a couple of washes they clear up. They dry super fast in front of a fan or on a fence. In 10 mins. they are dry in warm breezy climate even though the top band is little damp. No more bulky, hot cotton for me. If I didn't like them so much i would not have given this review. I just ordered 2 more (pair ? why are they called pairs? shorts. these will outlast my regular cotton shorts for yrs to come. I figure to have 8 of these things compared to 16 of the cotton which i am thinning out................. TS
on December 24, 2008
We cruise a lot and have had to make do with little clothing on European jaunts. Men's underwear is heavy and bulky - not so with Ex Officio. Also you can wash them out and they dry in about two hours. All you need is a couple of pair of these underwear and some packets of laundry detergent and you can get along for weeks with clean dry underwear. It's expensive but well worth the money. The undershirts that go with it work well also.
0Comment| 129 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on June 10, 2017
I don't put these in the dryer as the elastic was destroyed on some of the first ones that I had.
If you use the dryer, try to use low heat.

These are great for travel and vacations as you can wash them out in the sink and have them dry
by morning.....
They are MUCH more tolerant of wearing for several days that cotton.
Even in the summer you can go several days if necessay without washing.
on May 25, 2017
I have used this brand of "wash and wear" underwear for travel for many years now. Wash them before bed and they're dry by morning (I usually squeeze water out of them by hand, then wrap them in a hand town and squeeze again). I usually pack two pairs in case the waste band of the washed pair is still damp (...if, for example, you have a very early flight the next day) but this hasn't been a problem. Highly recommended.
on February 15, 2016
I love the ExOfficio Men's underwear products. These are great underwear for general, daily use. The material is very comfortable and doesn't ride up during the day. I find that the medium fits well for me (32" waist), maybe a bit too big, but about what I expect for underwear (the next time I order, I think I will try a small). I do realize that there are numerous reviews that indicate that they run a bit too small, but this has not been my experience. I stated that they "Fit as expected" as underwear, in my opinion should be a bit breathable.

I have found that some of the colors tend to have a different feel than others (not sure why that is). My favorites are the blue and the green, but the others are all nice too (I wouldn't use this as a deciding factor, but before ordering too many in one color, I think that is important to realize).

Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.