Bubble Witch Saga 3 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited Get 10% cashback on thousands of musical instruments with your Amazon.com Store Credit Card Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Customer reviews

75%
25%
Format: Hardcover|Change

Showing 1-3 of 3 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 4 reviews
on August 20, 2017
beautiful book... loaded with excellent images
on October 30, 2009
I ordered this book soon after hearing about it on Facebook and when I got it the first thing that struck me was it's size - It's big and quite thick. The book covers much of the hyperrealist/photorealist artwork that is emerging from a new generation of artists. I think all of them have shown their art at Plus One which is a major photo/hyper realist gallery in London. The chapters are artist based and each has his version of how and why - which is not that interesting to me ( I am a photorealist - look me up ) but the images are outstanding and unlike Louis K Meisel's books the printing is of the highest quality.
on May 29, 2016
Many paintings of classic cars, diners, truck grills, candy wrappers, tin toys, and the eyes of "beautiful" women. I bought this because I was interested in hyperrealist art, but this book cured me of that. A great many of these paintings are just plain hollow, like a very fancy cake made of cardboard and plaster for display purposes. It is all about the technique and not the art at all. I looked at these paintings and honestly wondered why anyone would want to devote years of their lives to painting such things with such relentless details. It's like autism in paint form. It's got plenty of pictures, I'll give you that. And it's big. But I am giving my copy to the library, because I know I will never look at it again. Dead inside.