Buy Used and Save: Buy a Used "Excalibur 2900ECB 9-Tray Food Dehydrator with Adju..." and save 18% off the $199.00 list price. Buy with confidence as the condition of this item and its timely delivery are guaranteed under the "Amazon A-to-z Guarantee". See all Used offers.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
4 Year Asurion Kitchen Protection Planfrom Asurion, LLC
- Covers failures due to power surge and other mechanical and electrical breakdowns.
- No deductibles or hidden fees. Shipping included on all repairs. Fully transferable.
- Easy claims process online 24/7. If we can't fix it, we will send you an Amazon e-Card reimbursement for your product purchase price.
- Plan term and select coverage begins date of purchase and is inclusive of the manufacturer's warranty. All other coverage begins after the manufacturer's warranty expires. Plan is fully refunded if canceled within 30 days.
- Plan contract will be emailed from Asurion within 24 hours of purchase. This will not ship with your product.
Excalibur 2900ECB 9-Tray Food Dehydrator with Adjustable Thermostat for Temperature Control Patented Technology for Faster and Efficient Drying 15 Square Feet Drying Space Made in USA, 9-Tray, Black
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 9-trays and 15 square feet of drying space provides extra-large capacity
- Trays do not need to be moved or rotated during dehydration
- Adjustable Thermostat 105◦F to 165◦F. Temperature range is low enough to preserve active enzymes in fruits and vegetables. Temperature range is also high enough to meet safety standards for dehydrating meat for jerky.
- Great for large families, gardeners, and sportsmen. Accurate temperature controls to dehydrate fruits, vegetables, nuts, meat for jerky, fruit puree for fruit roll-ups, flowers, herbs, pet treats, raise bread or make arts and crafts.
- Remove trays if necessary to increase the height needed to dehydrate bulky items or raise dough
- 7-inch fan for increased air circulation
- 600 Watts
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
What other items do customers buy after viewing this item?
Customers also shopped for
Special offers and product promotions
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
From the manufacturer
Excalibur 2900ECB 9-Tray Food Dehydrator
Excalibur dehydrators allow you to preserve fruits, vegetables, and herbs. Dry meat and fish. Be creative and make fruit rolls, pet treats, yogurt and other healthy snacks. Excalibur dehydrators offer features that are user friendly and save you time!
9 square trays, totaling 15 square feet of drying space.
No need for tray rotation!
Accurate temperature controls to dry fruits, vegetables, flowers, herbs, pet treats, and arts and crafts.
Safe to dry meat for jerky with temperature control ranging from 105°F to 165°F.
Temperature fluctuation and air circulation design results in faster and more even dehydration.
The Excalibur 2900ECB comes with 9 trays, a total of 15 square feet of drying space. The adjustable thermostat temperature control ranges from 105◦F to 165◦F making it safe to dehydrate meat for jerky. The fan, heating element and thermostat are in the back of the unit, so cool air is drawn in, heated and then distributed evenly over each tray. This patented Parallex Horizontal Airflow is exclusive to Excalibur and helps the food to dehydrate faster, retain more nutrients and look and taste better, without tray rotation. Since 1973, Excalibur has been made in Sacramento, California. Over the years, Excalibur has taken the lead in advancements related to the mechanics of dehydration including air flow, heating dynamics, and materials. Any dehydrator will dry food. An Excalibur dries better, faster & safer thanks to Excalibur’s patented Hyperwave Fluctuation technology. Ordinary dehydrators produce constant, unchanging heat causing “case hardening.” Basically a dry surface with moisture trapped inside – the perfect environment for yeast, mold and bacteria growth. With the Excalibur Hyperwave Fluctuation technology the air temperature fluctuates up and the food’s surface moisture evaporates, then the air temperature fluctuates down and the inner moisture moves to the drier surface. This keeps the food temperature low enough to keep the enzymes active, but the air temperature gets high enough to dry food, overcoming yeast, mold, and spoilage. Dehydrate Fruits. Dehydrate Vegetables. Dehydrate Meat or Fish for Jerky. Re-crisp breads, crackers, etc. Make soup mixes and reconstitute later. Make animal / pet treats. Use for arts & crafts such as cake decorations, potpourri, dough art, drying photographs.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
First batch of apples dried beautifully (and were very tasty). I appreciated the info in the user guide on starting at a higher heat and turning the heat down as a technique for certain uses, also the info on various methods to use to avoid oxidation (turning brown) although I've owned several dehydrators and am a fan of the lemon juice method. Always good to have info on alternates.
I have owned several dehydrators. The square trays and fine mesh screens of this machine are much easier to use than the round style of many other units. They also fit in my sink better. :) All in all I'm pleased. I'm much more confident about making jerky in this unit than I was in my old round dehydrator.
Pros: It's holds a lot of food when fully loaded. It drys efficiently and is very fast. The trays are easy to clean.
Con: Much louder then expected.
I was in the middle of drying left over vegetables from the garden, when my old dehydrator heating coil died. I had over the years had heard many hikers and campers call the Excalibur the Cadillac of dryers. I read the reviews and a few people remarking that the Excalibur was a little loud. I was expecting the noise level to be comparable to an old computer fan. It is much louder then that. I can hear it across the bedroom, down the hall and across the living room, about 30 or 35 feet distance.
I did find that by changing the trays around I could reduce the noise somewhat. Then while playing with that, I found by leaving out the 3rd and 7th trays I could reduce the noise by 50%
MY old dryer would dry 5 small trays of tomatoes in 26 hours at 55% humidity. The Excalibur did the job in 9 hours at 85% humidity and had 3 or 4 times the amount of tomatoes.
Love the dryer, hate the noise.