- Paperback: 1104 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (April 1, 2013)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 1118490398
- ISBN-13: 978-1118490396
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 2 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (126 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #12,960 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Excel 2013 Power Programming with VBA 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Prepare for your professional certification with study guides and exam prep tools from Wiley. See more
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
Learn to extend Excel 2013 with VBA programming
Whether your job or your curiosity impels you to learn how to develop programs that automate and enhance Excel, you'll find no better teacher than John Walkenbach. This book provides a complete introduction to Visual Basic for Applications and shows you exactly how to create the custom dialog boxes known as UserForms. Then it takes you into advanced programming techniques, such as developing utilities and using VBA to work with PivotTables and charts.
You'll also learn to create user-oriented applications, modify shortcut menus, and provide online help for your applications. If you know your way around Excel and are ready to take your skills to the next level, this book is for you.
Let Mr. Spreadsheet show you how to:
- Develop VBA subroutines and functions
- Create custom UserForms and dialog boxes
- Use VBA to create add-ins, PivotTables, and charts
- Create procedures that execute automatically when events occur
- Work with class modules and color
About the Author
John Walkenbach, arguably the foremost authority on Excel, has written 50+ books, including multiple editions of the bestselling Excel Bible and Excel Formulas, as well as more than 300 articles for publications such as PC World, InfoWorld, and Windows. He created the award-winning Power Utility Pak and provides Excel information and insight at www.spreadsheetpage.com.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?
Top Customer Reviews
1. The book enables "New to VBA and even new to Excel" users to ramp up to proficiency quickly.
2. The book is laid out in a reference book manner so that if you need to go after a specific item you can do so quickly.
3. Despite serving as a primer at several levels, the book serves as an in depth explanation text as well; e.g. , events, user forms, etc.
This is exceptionally well written and clearly explains the changes in VBA in Excel 2013 (there are some extensive differences in the new version of Excel 2013), for which I needed a reference to help explain them (which this book does) (Please note that I use VBA a lot for my work, especially in Excel so take my statement as easy to read and explain based on my experience!)
There are numerous examples found on the book website, thus explaining the lack of CD (or DVD) that accompanied the past books in this series. Don't hesitate to partake of the offerings... it is helpful in a lot of the examples to actually see the spreadsheet being discussed while reading about it.
Examples are great and I was inspired to get right into writing my own Add-ins automating tasks that always took me hours before.
There is always so much more under the hood and John Walkenbach just as a great way to teach to a trick or two. Full Five Stars from me.