- Series: For Dummies (Computers)
- Paperback: 288 pages
- Publisher: For Dummies; 1 edition (April 4, 2016)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 111921064X
- ISBN-13: 978-1119210641
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 0.6 x 9.3 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.5 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 4.2 out of 5 stars See all reviews (3 customer reviews)
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #141,206 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Excel Power Pivot and Power Query For Dummies (For Dummies (Computers)) 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the Back Cover
- Extract data from databases and external files for use in Excel reporting
- Create powerful interactive reporting mechanisms and dashboards
- Integrate Power Query with Power Pivot to create truly robust Business Intelligence
The Excel guide that no serious data cruncher should live without!
Want to familiarize yourself with the rich set of tools and reporting capabilities available in Excel? Look no further! Inside, you'll discover how Power Pivot and Power Query not only allow you to save time and simplify your processes, but also enable you to substantially enhance your data analysis and reporting capabilities.
- Rev up your reporting fire up Power Pivot, build table relationships, and create robust pivot table reporting using multiple data sources
- Formulate a plan find out how to add formulas to Power Pivot reports and get the know-how to share your BI solutions with others
- When in doubt get the lowdown on Power Query, from choosing where to load Query results to refreshing and managing queriesand everything in between
- Can't we all just get along? discover how to make Queries work together, build your own Query functions, and make marvelous magic with M Query language
- Get what you need transform your way to better data by adding Query filters, filling in blank spaces and empty values, splitting and merging columns, and transposing and pivoting data
Open the book and find:
- How to create your own database right in Excel
- Ways to make pivot tables that use multiple data sources
- How to scrape websites and import hard-to-reach data with Power Query
- Tricks to simplify and automate data cleanup and transformation
- How to create your own powerful formulas and functions to go beyond simple data imports
About the Author
Michael Alexander is a Microsoft Certified Application Developer and a Microsoft MVP. He has written numerous books on advanced business analysis with Microsoft Access and Excel. His tutorial website, www.datapigtechnologies.com, provides tips on Excel and Access for the Microsoft Office community.
Browse award-winning titles. See more
If you are a seller for this product, would you like to suggest updates through seller support?