Beauty altText This Week in Books Hallo nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments $69.99 Handmade Tote Bags Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon curbpremiere curbpremiere curbpremiere  Three new members of the Echo family All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 All-New Kindle Oasis GNO Shop Now HTL17_gno

on June 22, 2012
very cheap. product arrived with one of the handles bent and nearly broken off. it is only tack welded on, so it was not very secure in the first place. the whole thing was a very light weight product. it is made of stainless steel, but it was so thin, that it felt more like tin. very unhappy.
on May 13, 2017
The colander I received is very large and made of beautiful, shiny stainless steel. It also has a substantial weight, and is quit thick, it seems to me, and not at all lightweight or flimsy as stated by some reviewers. Perhaps they received a different product. Made in India. I did not quite expect such a high quality item, especially for the price. I definitely recommend this colander, unless you need to save space, as it is quite large.
on February 27, 2014
One month after purchase one of the handles broke off. Four months after purchase the other handle broke off. Colander works fine but don't count on having handles.
on July 24, 2017
I've literally only used this a few times for draining macaroni and potatoes (separately, I don't eat them together), and there are several scratches and what appear to be stains (from water??) inside the bowl. Definitely not great quality. I'm not sure that it's actually stainless steel, and it's also SUPER thin and feels flimsy/not well-made.
on March 3, 2017
Truly the deepest colander I have ever purchased. No more spilling half my pasta down the sink! I should have invested in this high quality stainless steel colander YEARS AGO. High quality. Sturdy bottom so you don't have to worry about it tipping over. Now I have a colander to match my appliances/kitchen. I can't wait to use it!
on April 6, 2017
It's basically a bowl with holes in it. Normally, that would be called a collander, except that the holes on the bottom are so ineffectively placed that this bowl with holes will hold about 1/4 cup of water. It's maddening having to tip and tilt and swirl to strain your boiling-hot pasta.
on November 3, 2015
I purchased this metal colander to replace my plastic silicone one. And while I do think this colander is better than the plastic ones in terms of durability and resistance, this particular one is not the best. Please be aware that it's made of very thin metal, and feels flimsy and poorly crafted. Also, it doesn't drain all of the water from the pasta and I would have to shake off excess water. I don't think there are enough holes in the bottom and that's why it doesn't drain properly. It works well, but it's not an overall excellent product. I have since replaced this product with something that's better crafted and has way more holes for proper drainage.
on February 5, 2016
I wish I had a photo of my old strainer to make a comparison I've slowly built up to all new cookware and this was one of my final purchases. My husband is Italian which means lots of pasta and lots of Colander use. I've only used this a couple of times but it is working great and it looks wonderful! I'm loving all the pretty new cookware and bakeware I have and am only investing in things I expect will last the rest of my life. I'm certain this will be one of those items. The stainless steel is very sturdy and shiny. It is easy to clean but does get some water spots if you have high lime in your water. I just clean it carefully and dry it off after use. It washes great in the dishwasher. I had considered one similar to this that was ceramic coated but I just didn't see the need. This is lighter weight than the ceramic and it looks and works just as good at a fraction of the price.
on December 30, 2016
This is an excellent colander. I look great hanging up in the kitchen and it works well as a colander. Because it is steel it will last a lot longer than a plastic one or an aluminum one. I would have liked it to have more holes in the bottom, but it works well.
on March 30, 2017
For something that's sole purpose is to drain water, the holes are placed kind of funny and it really doesn't drain all the water very well! Most of the water, just not all of it. A little pool collects at the bottom. It's a weird issue to have considering it's only function should be to drain water....