Industrial Deals HPC Save up to 90% on textbooks Womens Red and Rose nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Def Leppard All-New Fire 7, starting at $49.99 Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Gift Shop Home and Garden Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon TheBigSick TheBigSick TheBigSick  Three new members of the Echo family Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now

on June 22, 2012
very cheap. product arrived with one of the handles bent and nearly broken off. it is only tack welded on, so it was not very secure in the first place. the whole thing was a very light weight product. it is made of stainless steel, but it was so thin, that it felt more like tin. very unhappy.
0Comment| 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you? Report abuse
on May 13, 2017
The colander I received is very large and made of beautiful, shiny stainless steel. It also has a substantial weight, and is quit thick, it seems to me, and not at all lightweight or flimsy as stated by some reviewers. Perhaps they received a different product. Made in India. I did not quite expect such a high quality item, especially for the price. I definitely recommend this colander, unless you need to save space, as it is quite large.
on February 27, 2014
One month after purchase one of the handles broke off. Four months after purchase the other handle broke off. Colander works fine but don't count on having handles.
on July 24, 2017
I've literally only used this a few times for draining macaroni and potatoes (separately, I don't eat them together), and there are several scratches and what appear to be stains (from water??) inside the bowl. Definitely not great quality. I'm not sure that it's actually stainless steel, and it's also SUPER thin and feels flimsy/not well-made.
on January 8, 2018
This is the Amazon choice colander and it works perfectly so far we've never been let down by picking and a product to Amazon has decided is an Amazon Choice One and this was no different it works perfect and I like the fact that it has a stand on it so that it sits level that makes a big difference to me.
review imagereview image
on March 3, 2017
Truly the deepest colander I have ever purchased. No more spilling half my pasta down the sink! I should have invested in this high quality stainless steel colander YEARS AGO. High quality. Sturdy bottom so you don't have to worry about it tipping over. Now I have a colander to match my appliances/kitchen. I can't wait to use it!
on January 10, 2018
Well built and very durable. We have no complaints and would certainly buy one again. We like that it is made from stainless steel instead of plastic because who wants to run hot water through plastic with all the stuff you hear about BPA and other stuff leaching into your food.
on November 3, 2015
I purchased this metal colander to replace my plastic silicone one. And while I do think this colander is better than the plastic ones in terms of durability and resistance, this particular one is not the best. Please be aware that it's made of very thin metal, and feels flimsy and poorly crafted. Also, it doesn't drain all of the water from the pasta and I would have to shake off excess water. I don't think there are enough holes in the bottom and that's why it doesn't drain properly. It works well, but it's not an overall excellent product. I have since replaced this product with something that's better crafted and has way more holes for proper drainage.
on February 5, 2016
I wish I had a photo of my old strainer to make a comparison I've slowly built up to all new cookware and this was one of my final purchases. My husband is Italian which means lots of pasta and lots of Colander use. I've only used this a couple of times but it is working great and it looks wonderful! I'm loving all the pretty new cookware and bakeware I have and am only investing in things I expect will last the rest of my life. I'm certain this will be one of those items. The stainless steel is very sturdy and shiny. It is easy to clean but does get some water spots if you have high lime in your water. I just clean it carefully and dry it off after use. It washes great in the dishwasher. I had considered one similar to this that was ceramic coated but I just didn't see the need. This is lighter weight than the ceramic and it looks and works just as good at a fraction of the price.
on December 30, 2016
This is an excellent colander. I look great hanging up in the kitchen and it works well as a colander. Because it is steel it will last a lot longer than a plastic one or an aluminum one. I would have liked it to have more holes in the bottom, but it works well.