Your Garage Beauty Summer Reading STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Starting at $39.99 Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Rustic Decor Book House Cleaning gotpremiere gotpremiere gotpremiere  Echo $129.99 All-New Fire HD 8 Kids Edition, starting at $129.99 Kindle Oasis B06ZY5XM7W Water Sports STEMClubToys17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 615 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 668 reviews
on March 14, 2013
This colander falls into the disappointing category. In fact, the only redeeming quality to this product is the price. Once you get it out of the box, you realize that the box is sturdier and weighs more than the colander. The base is loose and the bottom pops in and out of place. The one I received also came with some sort of coal like black residue on it. I am not sure but think this should go in as a child's toy and not an actual kitchen gadget. If you are looking for a quality colander look elsewhere.
on May 18, 2016
This strainer is of good quality steel and really big size too. I use it to strain pastas,noodles, washing veggies,mushrooms. Works great!
review image
on June 22, 2012
very cheap. product arrived with one of the handles bent and nearly broken off. it is only tack welded on, so it was not very secure in the first place. the whole thing was a very light weight product. it is made of stainless steel, but it was so thin, that it felt more like tin. very unhappy.
on October 9, 2011
The right size, good handle to lift and hang from. I'd prefer more holes as it doesn't drain as quickly as I'd like, but I can control that. More than worth the price, though time will tell.
on April 27, 2017
I purchased this product in anticipation of moving into my new house. It was fine when I received it. I kept it in the plastic wrapping, in a box, inside of a temperature-controlled room. By the time I went to unpack it a couple of months later, it was already beginning to rust! I was outside of the return period and didn't really feel like dealing with it, so I ended up just throwing it away. I can't imagine a replacement would have lasted long, anyway.
on May 13, 2017
The colander I received is very large and made of beautiful, shiny stainless steel. It also has a substantial weight, and is quit thick, it seems to me, and not at all lightweight or flimsy as stated by some reviewers. Perhaps they received a different product. Made in India. I did not quite expect such a high quality item, especially for the price. I definitely recommend this colander, unless you need to save space, as it is quite large.
on February 27, 2014
One month after purchase one of the handles broke off. Four months after purchase the other handle broke off. Colander works fine but don't count on having handles.
on July 24, 2017
I've literally only used this a few times for draining macaroni and potatoes (separately, I don't eat them together), and there are several scratches and what appear to be stains (from water??) inside the bowl. Definitely not great quality. I'm not sure that it's actually stainless steel, and it's also SUPER thin and feels flimsy/not well-made.
on March 3, 2017
Truly the deepest colander I have ever purchased. No more spilling half my pasta down the sink! I should have invested in this high quality stainless steel colander YEARS AGO. High quality. Sturdy bottom so you don't have to worry about it tipping over. Now I have a colander to match my appliances/kitchen. I can't wait to use it!
VINE VOICEon May 2, 2013
A colander with a handle is such a simple idea...and such a good one. You can rinse your fruits and veggies and only need one hand to hold the thingy, leaving the other free to turn the tap on and off, wave at a neighbor through the kitchen window, shoo the cat, or whatever you like. There is another handle...the usual little grip-style, on the opposite side, so when you're dealing with something heavy, like when draining a big bunch of cooked pasta, you can use two hands for added stability.

The colander has a nice wide ring base, so it won't tilt if you place it in the sink. How frustrating is it to watch a portion of spaghetti or those expensive out of season blueberries toddle down the drain when your draining or rinsing!

The ExcelSteel Colander is nice looking too. If you have one of those kitchen racks, you could certainly mount this there. The handle does mean it takes up a little more storage room than the ordinary short handled variety, but that's a small price to pay for the added convenience.

Speaking of small prices, that $17.17 price tag for the 3 quart size isn't exactly tiny. For some reason the 5-quart version is, as of this writing, about $4 cheaper, at a bargain price of $13.47. The 3 quart is fine for my purposes, but I cook for one or two most of the time. But if you want the most bang for your buck, or have a larger group sitting around your kitchen table, opting for the bigger and less expensive version makes sense. It's not so much bigger that it's going pose a greater storage problem.

My grandmother, who came from Poland, spoke very little English. When her colander broke, she trudged to the store and, not seeing what she needed, asked the man for a "Noodle Stop, Water Go." He figured it out.
88 comments| 2 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse