Your Garage World Book Day STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Amazon's Choice Computers Starting at $39.99 Luxury Beauty Handmade Mother's Day Gifts Shop Popular Services Bosch Bosch Bosch  All-New Echo Dot Starting at $49.99 Kindle Oasis Shop Now disgotg_gno_17

Size: 5-Quart|Change
Price:$8.99+ Free shipping (Addon item)

Showing 1-10 of 597 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 646 reviews
TOP 50 REVIEWERon April 26, 2016
After years of using our favorite Oxo colander, it sadly broke and we decided to look on here for a replacement. To get the same thing we used to have we would've had to pay twice the price of this one and I also liked the idea of getting a stainless steel one as opposed to a hard plastic one so we decided to take our chances and purchase this colander.

I really like that this colander is very large and can hold a lot of pasta. It has two handles and a base so the bowl part of the colander sits off the counter. The diameter of the colander is 11 inches and it stands about five inches tall. We've only hand washed it and it seems to wash up well. As much as I like the size of it, it doesn't feel very durable. It feels very cheaply-made and like the handles will break off if we are even slightly rough with it, which definitely could happen considering my husband is like a bull in a china closet. Still, for the price it's good and works for what I need it to do. We've been using it for almost two months and I use it about once a week.

If you are in the market for a new stainless steel colander in this price point, it's a good option. If this one breaks, I will most likely pay the extra money to purchase the same Oxo one we used to have since that one lasted almost eight years.
on October 25, 2011
The Stainless Steel Colander arrived one day earlier and it is not a delicate one either. It definitly has muscle. Meaning. You don't have to baby it when washing it in the kitchen sink. Have you noticed how the other colanders that claim tto be stainless they tend to rust. So far i've been lucky. The colander has a round base ideal for placing it in the sink.
The best feature of this colander is that, the thing has holes and no elongated openings just holes and fettuccini,linguine,spaghetti and vermicelli won't go through the holes and there's no elongated openings.
Go on, Get one! "It'll do yourself good".
Night
drnknLncln/Mark
33 comments| 67 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 14, 2013
This colander falls into the disappointing category. In fact, the only redeeming quality to this product is the price. Once you get it out of the box, you realize that the box is sturdier and weighs more than the colander. The base is loose and the bottom pops in and out of place. The one I received also came with some sort of coal like black residue on it. I am not sure but think this should go in as a child's toy and not an actual kitchen gadget. If you are looking for a quality colander look elsewhere.
on February 27, 2014
One month after purchase one of the handles broke off. Four months after purchase the other handle broke off. Colander works fine but don't count on having handles.
on December 9, 2016
This is good quality, but it's HUGE. When I say large, I mean really large. Like you could strain probably 3 boxes of pasta in this bad boy. Because it's so large, I never use it. I don't have 20 kids or sister wives, so I have never needed a collander of this magnitude. But by all means, if you are feeding the masses on a regular basis, this is the collander for you!
on June 22, 2012
very cheap. product arrived with one of the handles bent and nearly broken off. it is only tack welded on, so it was not very secure in the first place. the whole thing was a very light weight product. it is made of stainless steel, but it was so thin, that it felt more like tin. very unhappy.
on May 18, 2016
This strainer is of good quality steel and really big size too. I use it to strain pastas,noodles, washing veggies,mushrooms. Works great!
review image
on March 3, 2017
Truly the deepest colander I have ever purchased. No more spilling half my pasta down the sink! I should have invested in this high quality stainless steel colander YEARS AGO. High quality. Sturdy bottom so you don't have to worry about it tipping over. Now I have a colander to match my appliances/kitchen. I can't wait to use it!
on April 6, 2017
It's basically a bowl with holes in it. Normally, that would be called a collander, except that the holes on the bottom are so ineffectively placed that this bowl with holes will hold about 1/4 cup of water. It's maddening having to tip and tilt and swirl to strain your boiling-hot pasta.
on March 30, 2017
For something that's sole purpose is to drain water, the holes are placed kind of funny and it really doesn't drain all the water very well! Most of the water, just not all of it. A little pool collects at the bottom. It's a weird issue to have considering it's only function should be to drain water....