This succinct guide is already being used for faculty development at an Ivy League medical school, a state university, and high schools across the country. It's an straightforward and quality blueprint for how to teach online. Drawing on nearly a decade of teaching online, and many years working as a technical adviser and faculty developer in higher education, author Aaron Johnson walks you through sixteen distinct characteristics
of excellent online teaching.
What You'll Learn
- Effective ways to save time grading online assignments
- Strategies for connecting with your online students
- Ways to give your online students meaningful feedback
- Tips for how to communicate effectively in the online environment
- How to begin and end your online course with excellence
- How to effectively facilitate online discussions
- More: Preview the table of contents of Excellent Online Teaching for all sixteen chapters
Actionable & To-The-Point
There is no wading through page after page for useful content. Each chapter of Excellent Online Teaching
provides online instructors with practices and tips that can be immediately implemented in the classroom.
Companion WebsiteExcellent Online Teaching
has a companion website with resources for each chapter. Because online education is a rapidly changing field, this book focuses on enduring methods
for teaching online. The companion website contains updates, technical helps, templates, and other resources.
"My hope is that you'll end the semester with a new level of confidence and with course evaluations and student feedback that lets you know you are on the right track. More importantly, I hope that you and your students will be experiencing a vibrant learning relationship. If you are new to online teaching, this book is a great way to start. If you have been teaching online for a while, I think you'll find some ways to improve your game."
- Author, Aaron Johnson