Lyft Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_hiltonhonors_launch Learn more about Amazon Music Unlimited PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Tailgating ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 51 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 84 reviews
on June 12, 2017
I sometimes need help to provide exceptional service on the customer service of things...or at least I did when I first started out and consulted this book. I had aspergers so I did not know how other people thought or how I was supposed to react to certain things at first. This book guided me in providing optimal service to clients and potential clients in a way that promoted buy in and trust. I highly recommend this book for people who want to know how to provide exceptional service and reap exceptional profits.
on February 23, 2015
I manage a customer service team at work. This book is also available on audible. Our team read/listed to this book over a month and then at our monthly meeting we discussed this book and are currently working on implementing some of it's principle. There are very good ideas here. Only thing is I wish they went a bit more in depth on examples of anticipatory service and how to track if your efforts are working. We are currently trying out some things and the customers seem to be receptive but I'd like to know how to track it in a measurable way.
on June 8, 2015
I expected to skim this book like I do most business books. I work through pretty quickly looking for those little nuggets that are valuable. What surprised me was how deep this book goes into the concept of anticipatory service. When I read the first reference to this, I thought for sure that I knew what it meant. The authors threw me a couple of curveballs and now have me reevaluating every interaction I have with my customers. If you want to build an organization that is successful because of the way you treat your customers, you must read this book.
on May 9, 2017
In preparation for the launch of my own business, I've been reading up on customer service a lot. I read Exceptional Service, Exceptional Profit in this vein.

Firstly, the book is very concise (150) pages, and easy to read. While I found this convenient, I also thought a little more of this would've been better.

Secondly, the book offers actionable advice. The authors have taken extra effort to make sure that the advice is laid out in an easily digestible way.

Thirdly, the insights in the book can be applied across industries. To me that's incredibly valuable.
on October 13, 2015
This is certainly an excellent book for everybody in any business. Customer Service is so important in any field, no matter the nature of the business. The principles in this book should be taught and learned in each and every single company.
The examples in the books are an excellent plus, with so many case studies and anecdotes that it makes the reading very entertaining.
The book has been completely adapted to our modern times (where internet rules our world) and it makes all customer and market principals feel right in place to our era.
on May 8, 2013
From the moment I opened (or slid over as I'm reading the Kindle version) the first part of this book, which was the table of contents, I was excited about what I might be able to learn from this book. As I read from page to page, reading their substantiated reasons for doing what they suggest with stories and experiences that clearly supported and elucidated their points, I knew this would be a constant resource for me, my staff, and my superiors.

I read the book and then gave it to the general manager of our company who became as enthralled as I was. We began implementing the smallest suggestions regarding client interaction which made huge differences immediately. Such as "anticipating customer needs" and "being on the customer's side". We've given our staff the power to make decisions or to promptly bring in upper management for a positive and quick decision that makes the customer feel listened to and appreciated. I won't go on and on, you'll have to read the book, but believe me when I say this is our customer service bible from which we will reference and create guidelines for improving our business through exceptional customer service. Thank you for this book!
on June 3, 2017
After just the first chapter my mind pretty much just exploded! Brings customer service to the next level. The notion of anticipatory customer service was something I'd never considered before I read Exceptional Service Exceptional Profit. Definitely worth the read!
on June 30, 2014
It was very helpful to provide the language I needed for a customer wanting to take there customer service to the next level and not really having the words to express to staff that they would get it. The examples and the way it is set out is very helpful.
on April 4, 2014
A really current, up to date approach that works for both online and brick and mortar businesses. loads of practical tips that are easy to implement at zero or minimal cost. This book is a great investment and a must read for any business owner!
on July 25, 2017
Great book about proper human interaction - not only at work. Really good narration - worth spending additional few bucks.