Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Intex Excursion 5, 5-Person Inflatable Boat Set with Aluminum Oars and High Output Air Pump (Latest Model)
|Price:||$139.27 & FREE Shipping. Details|
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- 3 air chambers including an auxiliary air chamber in hull for extra buoyancy
- Boston valve on two main hull chambers for quick-fill & fast-deflate. All around grab line
- Inflatable I-Beam floor for comfort and rigidity. Has 2 welded oar locks on each side
- 3 air chambers including an auxiliary air chamber in hull for extra buoyancy.
- Boston valve on two main hull chambers for quick-fill & fast-deflate
Frequently bought together
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
Have a question?
Find answers in product info, Q&As, reviews
Please make sure that you are posting in the form of a question.
You spend a lot of time on land, but you don't truly live until you are out on the water. The Intex Excursion 5 Boat Set gets you out there exploring and rowing.The Excursion 5 is ready for lots of expeditions. It's a great boat for 5 adventurists who love spending time on the water paddling, fishing, or floating down the river. Designed with heavy-duty, puncture-resistant PVC vinyl, this boat is made to get through every excursion you go on. It's durability and comfort is superior with an inflatable I-beam floor, 2 inflatable seats with backrests, and a comfortable middle seat. The boat contains 3 air chambers, a Boston valve, motor mount fittings, 4 built-in fishing rod holders, a gear pouch, and an all-around grab line. The set includes 2, 54-inch aluminum oars, welded on locks and oar holders, and a high-output pump for easy inflation and deflation. If you'd rather be boating and the lake is your happy place, get out there and journey on the water with friends on the Intex Excursion 5 Boat Set.\n
From the Manufacturer
Excursion 5 Boat Set for up to 5 people includes boat, pump and oars. Made from SUPER-TOUGH vinyl construction for durability. Inflatable seats and floor for comfort. US Coast Guard approved.
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
check out my Pics
First and foremost it does not seat 5 people. It is more of a 2 to maybe 3 adults. 2 adults and a couple of kids would work pretty well.
Second, trying to row this big boat is tough. You will want a trolling motor for this boat.
Third, at least in North Dakota, if you put a trolling motor on any boat, including inflatables, it needs to be registered with game and fish and you have to follow boating laws. (If you dont put a motor on it you shouldnt have to register it)
Fourth, this is an air boat, it works extremely well on little to no current. I havent tried it in a river with a current yet but i dont think i want to.
Overall im very pleased with this boat. It seems to be tough as the vinyl is thicker than an air mattress. The fishing pole holders seem cheap and in dont think id trust my poles using them. The boat is very portable but is pretty heavy. Much easier to load and unload with 2 people. Also this boat is rated for 1300 pounds people and equipment weight. I have at least 800 pounds in my boat at all times and it floats great and moves pretty good (5 mphish) with the trolling motor.
Alright, if you are still reading here are my suggestions of what you should buy with the purchase of this boat.
1. Trolling motor mounting kit
2. Trolling motor (i used a minn kota endura max 40 thrust). The boat is only rated to 30 thrust or 1.5 hp (33lbs max motor weight according to the box) but im pretty confident you could fit a bigger motor on this if you wanted to.
3. Minn kota power center battery box. This box is great, it shows you battery life remaining and has spots for dc power so you can charge your phone and whatnot.
4. A 29 series deep cycle battery. I used an everstart maxx 29 from walmart
5. Minn kota portable battery charger. I like this charger because it has overcharge protection and is very lightweight and easy to use.
6. A 4 pack of life vests. I bought the orange cheapos but they work fine just to be legal
7. An air horn
8. An anchor. I think mine is 3 or 5 lbs. Trust me you want an anchor as the boat floats away easily when you are trying to stay still.
9. I bought a fire extinguisher. Not required by law but it makes me feel safer
10. Bow and stearn light (green/red for bow and white for back). I found a set for inflatables on amazon and they are AA battery powered.
11. An electric air pump. I bought a dc powered one so i can use the truck at the lake to power the pump and inflate the boat.
12. Industrial strength outdoor velcro. Stuff kind of flops around in the boat. Velcro keeps stuff organized
13. I would consider buying a couple large plastic bins to carry and store the boat
14. Loctite! The bolts holding the motor mount seem to loosen on their own. Using some loctite should help that
15. I am buying led light strips for my boat for better lighting at night
16. Buy dock bumpers if you plan on landing this at a dock. You dont want sharp metal or wood puncturing it
Inside of our boat was my husband along with of course me, our three older children and our infant. We also had the life jackets our clothes in a bag and our blower that we used to set it up. We had about atleast 600lbs in the boat.
1. Felt very sturdy. Once inside of it I felt completely safe. I did not feel like it was going to capsize or collapse. It felt very sturdy and safe. I expected this to feel like a floatie... ya know the ones that you get for the pool. So I wasn't sure how serious to take this boat. I was pleasantly surprised though. This is the real deal.. a good boat.
2. My children were climbing in and out of the boat, and the boat held up. It did not have any give, and let any water come in as they wee existing an entering the boat. My son weighs about 110 and my oldest daughter weighs 64lbs, so they were putting a bit of weight on the sides while climbing in and out.
3. This boat actually did very well on rocks. Going in and out of the water we were subjected to so many rocks on the shallow floor I just knew our boat was going to pop. The rocks were as far as I knew pretty smooth, but my husband had to drag the boat out about 10 or more feet to get to the area where we could begin to float and it was very very rocky beneath the boat. There were no holes in the boat from these rocks which I am grateful for. So this boat can for sure stand up to rocks if exposed. I wouldn't go trying this out of course, and throwing the boat into sharp rocks just for kicks. But for average rock exposure, this for sure can handle it. The material is very thick, and durable.
4. The oars are pretty s***ty so I would for sure advise to get better oars. We actually wanted to try it with the oars before purchasing a trolling motor for the boat. It is hard to steer with those plastic thin oars it comes with since the boat is so big, and furthermore since the Oars are so horrible. When my husband was rowing he had to grip the oars so hard that the plastic around the boat that the oars are attached to begin to pull up. He did this for awhile of course since we had to get back to shore, and I am happy it didnt tear. He is a tall guy 6'3 with long arms so if you are a big guy or someone with long arms these oars will not work for you. Also.... they are s***ty.. ( Just to reiterate)
5. The seats are really comfortable which I was surprised by. I had a baby 6 months ago, and my back is in pretty bad shape from the gain in the chest area, so I was worried about the support my back would have while in the boat. I was able to lean back, and the seats were comfortable. They actually provided support on my back like a chair. It was lovely..
Overall I am very happy with the purchase of this boat. We are now looking at motors to buy for it, and in the facebook group I am in for this boat I saw a guy create a canopy with a tent, so that is what we are going to do. Also people have build floors for the boat which I could see being good for the boat.
This is great I love this boat...
If my review was helpful dont be stingy with the helpful button click down there. I tired to put all I could think of, and make it really helpful for you. Click the helpful button :)
Most recent customer reviews
Everything fits in carry bag.
Boat quite sturdy.
Small parts do not float!!!Read more