Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Executive: A Political Thriller
Your Garage Buy 2 kids' books and save Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lindsey Stirling Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Summer-Event-Garden Amazon Cash Back Offer PilotWave7B PilotWave7B PilotWave7B  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis DollyParton Shop Now

on January 5, 2013
This is a story about war, technology and corporations that is up to date with what is happening around the world today. The author gives us an inside look at what is going on, and things are not happening like this, she is certainly writing a good believable story about the way it could be.
I thought the writer, Leslie Wolfe, did a good job on keeping things understandable for the reader, delivering and explaining enough of the technology and politics to keep the story interesting, but not getting bogged down in it. She had good character development, and even if I didn't like all of them, I could understand why they thought the way they did.

All in all, a good story and one worth checking out for any person interested in any of the genres of technology or corporate politics, or just a plain well written thriller.
on December 19, 2012
"Executive" was one of the smartest books I've had the privilege of reading. The details of technology and new-age warfare grasp the reader and take them on a wild ride, one you would not normally expect from a first-time author. I felt like I was being subtly educated while being lulled into a transfixing story filled with suspense and thrills. With a subject matter and setting so tangibly relevant, it was nearly impossible to set down this book. I felt as if I were reading some top secret papers I was not supposed to see. If you have any interest in warfare, espionage, technology, or just plain good story-telling, this is the book for you. I'm looking forward to more from Leslie Wolfe.
on January 10, 2013
"Executive" is a really excellent thriller! I have been a longtime fan of Tom Clancy and David Baldacci - I have read almost every one of their books and am always looking for a new author that will give me the same thrills that they do. Well, Leslie Wolfe has made the list - in fact, she has topped the list! I love the way that Wolfe writes! Such a great job of building up the action higher and higher so your heart is in your throat as you wait to see what is coming next. I love the mix of corporate espionage and warfare in this book. I can't wait to see what Wolfe has in store for us next!
on December 17, 2012
Whatever you think you know about war, and about men under arms will be challenged by this book. Executive goes farther than just battles, shootings, and explosives; it goes as deep as understanding the psychological impact during those moments of stress. If you are looking for a war novel, then this is it.
on December 26, 2012
I was recently looking for an engaging book to keep me entertained during a long flight and I found it in Executive.

Executive is the fast paced, modern suspense novel from author Leslie Wolfe. I read a lot and after a string of uninteresting and unrealistic books, I was so glad to end my slump with this book. It is safe to say that this the best debut novel I have read all year.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes a character driven page turner with a strong female lead. It is a big bonus for me that the book is lendable. So many good ones are not. I have already lent this one out to a friend!
Rarely does a first novel capture the attention of the reader as swiftly as what happens on opening the first pages of EXECUTIVE by apparent first time novelist Leslie Wolfe. She writes about war, military strategy, the new threat/benefit of manless aerial drones, espionage, secrecy, and the rise of a woman of interest into the ranks of power.

Wolfe accomplishes her mission by using a tried and true technique of page by page giving the time of day and place of alternative conversations that starts the book off with a thundering bang and doesn't let up until the mission is completed. To reveal much of the story - even the incidents that happen in the first pages would likely diminish the story's power for the reader. It is a tale that is happening right now and her telling of her story helps inform us of just how terrifying the 'new warfare' can be. Suffice it to say that Leslie Wolfe knows how to blend advanced technological data with powerfully written human behavior responses and the result is a novel that few will want to put down once the story begins. It seems like she has the power of writing ability to push up the ranks of the other authors whose books deal with espionage and war and intrigue. This is a very impressive debut! Grady Harp, December 11
on May 20, 2013
What an amazing book! From the moment I opened the book, I was mesmerized by the action that constantly taking place. I just couldn't put the book down. What I loved most about this book is how timely the story plot is. The author helped me to understand the workings of war and what happens that is never reported by the news. The plot was so believable and well written. I love how organized and well-developed the plot was. I usually guess what will happen next in a book, but with this one, I didn't have time to do that as I was so wrapped up in where the author was taking me.

The characters were great as well. The author made dynamic characters who made you love them or hate them. They really brought out emotions in me. Alex Hoffman was such a strong character and I loved it because she is a woman and a powerful at that - a nice change from most novels.

I look forward from reading more riveting novels from this author!
on April 11, 2014
Conspiracies laced with corporate intrigue and run-away drones fill this page turner with plenty of action. Fascinating insights into management abuse and stock and finance manipulation help round out an excellent story of greed with intent to murder. Worth the time.
on December 15, 2012
This was a book that grabbed me from the very first chapter. Leslie Wolfe seems to be one of the better storytellers of today with this trail blazing read of espionage and war. The authors work is well written, with remarkable visuals, strong characters, and a few twists here and there along the way. The book is interesting, entertaining, and very exciting, so exciting it would be criminal if you put the book down before you finished it.

Verdict: A phenomenal novel that will keep you on the edge of your seat. I highly recommend it!
on January 11, 2013
Don't underestimate the seemingly deadpan title--`Executive' is a seriously addictive thrill ride. Leslie Wolfe has created something here that people will probably talk about in the near future.

The book is about monumental mistakes, and the toll such mistakes exact on innocent lives. This is particularly sensitive especially in a time when America is in that strange gray area of being "liberator" and "aggressor" even in the reckoning of its own allies, and this book lends a voice, puts a face, and fleshes out lives to that issue.

And in the middle of it all is one young woman named Alex Hoffman--an Everywoman, as one may put it, who only needs a job that satisfies her intellectual and financial demands but ends up wading up to her neck in fatal intrigue. I won't give more detail to avoid spilling out the spoilers, but let me suffice it to say that while `Executive' is an amazing page turner, it does not do so with cheap shots at pushing your buttons--it is a brainy, learned take--at turns, almost philosophical without you even realizing it--on the hottest issues of the day. And it's such a delicious read you won't want it to end.

`Executive' reads like a movie--like one of those sleek Ridley Scott films that run at train-wreck speed. I love how the story unfolds by showing you the time and place as the event happens--you can mentally connect the dots and, depending on where you are in the novel, you'll either have a lurch of panic or an unbearable sense of anticipation. Grab a copy or download the Kindle version--it's a perfect read for an otherwise uneventful weekend.

Five stars, of course.