Beauty Best Books of the Month Women's Block Sandals nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Weekly One Introducing Fire TV Cube Grocery Handmade Personalized Jewelry Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon theaffairS4 theaffairS4 theaffairS4  Echo Dot Fire tablets: Designed for entertainment Kindle Paperwhite GNO Shop now Start your Baby Registry

on May 1, 2012
In this book are the author's words that no one dare speak at the executive/management level, the blunt truth shared honestly with the reader.

If you're someone that is frustrated with the corporate promotion process, this is the non-sugar-coated medicine you need to get over it and if you choose to compromise your sense of pride and follow the advice given here you will get that promotion.

Interestingly though having read this book now I've come to terms that maybe I DON'T want to give up my dignity and my morals in pursuit of a promotion, but this book helped me come to that realization thus it is invaluable.

What a bargain at <5 bucks except one catch with the Kindle version I cannot read the graphics of this book clearly at all on my Kindle, given that I think the author should give us all the graphics/diagrams/charts from the book on a website if possible.
on December 22, 2011
One might think that the ideas presented in this book are quite novel but in reality they have been around longer than expected. This book brings to light many subjects that are not spoken of by top executives because of the many back door deals that occur on a regular basis. Executives like to shine on leadership, teamwork and commitment but when it comes to the dark side of political advancement they'd rather sweep that under the rug. This book is great because it is not afraid to touch on the real issues that make or break a career on the basis of favoritism or some sort of X- factor.
We all know that the issue of favoritism is real and not going anywhere anytime soon so why not pick up this book and arm yourself with the knowledge that will help you stand out while fitting in a concept at first tricky but with some effort easy to understand. From the front line production worker to the top executive trying to mold the corporate culture this book could be applied to most any scenario. Speaking from experience I could say that theses concepts applied in a real life situation could help a floundering career reach the next level.

I would recommend this book to anyone seeking an edge in the job market or career advancement its worth the read.
on January 28, 2013
In so much as a needed resource for professionals trying to advance their careers in today's work environment, I'd have to say that the book Executive Career Advancement: How to Understand the Politics of Promotion The X Factor is a must read. Having lived through many of the real world examples that the author notes in the text, I wish that I had been given a resource like this at the begining of my career. Too often, the work environment lacks in professional mentorship and guidance, this book takes you under its wings to provide you best practices on how to position one's opportunities and capitalize on the political underpinnings that frequently escape most employees aspiring to further thier careers. I've given a copy of this book to everyone that I've chosen to mentor in my organization.