- Hardcover: 390 pages
- Publisher: Wiley; 1 edition (March 30, 2009)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0470516607
- ISBN-13: 978-0470516607
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.1 x 9.9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 1.8 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: Be the first to review this item
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #3,081,980 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Exercise and Cognitive Function 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Customers who viewed this item also viewed
"A text brimming with new research in the field and practical suggestions for application and future research. … Discussion of the methodologies and protocols presented should generate considerable interest. … I found the text to be a worthwhile addition to my library." (PsycCRITIQUES, February 2010)
From the Back Cover
Exercise and Cognitive Function focuses on the relationship between physical exercise and cognition, a very timely and important topic with major theoretical and practical implications for a number of areas including ageing, neurorehabilitation, depression and dementia. It brings together a wide range of analytical approaches and experimental results to provide a very useful overview and synthesis of this growing field of study.
The book is divided into three parts.
Part I covers the conceptual, theoretical and methodological underpinnings and issues.
Part II focuses on advances in exercise and cognition research, with appropriate sub-sections on ‘acute’ and ‘chronic’ exercise and cognition.
Part III presents an overview of the area and makes suggestions for the direction of future research.
This is the first book to provide a cutting-edge examination of this increasingly important area written by leading experts from around the world. It will prove invaluable to researchers and practitioners in a number of fields, including exercise science, cognitive science, neuroscience and clinical medicine.
• The first book in-depth investigation of the relationship between physical exercise and brain function.
• Covers theoretical approaches and experimental results and includes chapters on the latest developments in research design.
• Examines the effects of both acute and chronic exercise on brain function.
• International list of contributors, who are leading researchers in their field.
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
|5 star (0%)|
|4 star (0%)|
|3 star (0%)|
|2 star (0%)|
|1 star (0%)|