Other Sellers on Amazon
+ $4.99 shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Exergen Temporal Artery Thermometer
- Accurate temperature with a gentle forehead scan
- More accurate than ear - Harvard Medical School study
- At least as accurate as rectal - Hospital for Sick Children study
- Use on sleeping infant, or child with ear infection
- Imbedded silver destroys bacteria, mold, mildew and fungi... naturally and safely
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Actual product packaging and materials may contain more and different information than what is shown on our website. We recommend that you do not rely solely on the information presented and that you always read labels, warnings, and directions before using or consuming a product. Please see our full disclaimer below.
Top Customer Reviews
I actually wrote my Master's research paper on these thermometers, and here are a few tips in order to use them accurately:
1. run the thermometer from forehead (above the eye) all the way into the hairline. DO NOT LIFT the thermometer at all!!!
2. repeat this 2 more times
3. take the HIGHEST of the 3 readings. It is always important to take the HIGHEST as it is most accurate. There is a chance it didn't read right on the artery so it wouldn't be as high, which is why it is best to do 3 readings.
4. clean the head of the thermometer with a Q-tip and some alcohol occasionally to help it read accurately.
5. If your child is sweaty, the sweat dries off quickly and cools their skin temperature, so it isn't as accurate! In this case, it is better to run the thermometer over their carotid artery on their neck- off to the side of the voicebox. Run the thermometer side to side, and not up and down.
If you follow all of these steps, this thermometer is quick, easy and very accurate. I highly recommend it over any other form of temperature taking for young children.
1.) Test it on me - both readings came out about 98.8 which is good because the average human body temperature is 98.6.
2.) Test it on my wife - we have always known she runs about a degree cooler then the average. We know this because this always occurs during hospital visits or doctor visits, she just runs cooler. We tested it on her three times and it came back about 97.5 which is what we expected.
3.) A sick baby - our daughter's daycare told us yesterday that she was running a 104 degree temperature. They used an in ear thermometer to test her. We picked her up and tried the Exergen on her and consistently came back with a 106 degree temperature. We took her to the ER where the ER nurses tested her using their high end forehead thermometer (like ours, only industrial and hooked to a big machine). It also read at 106 degrees. Routinely through the night they kept taking her temperature using their industrial forehead thermometer. When they would leave the room, I would get up and test her with the Exergen thermometer and it always came back the same temperature as the hospital's readings.
Suffice to say that I very much trust this thermometer to give us an accurate view of our daughter's temperature.
The unit looks and feels like it is well-made. I consider it one of the best investments we have ever made and I would definitely buy it again if I had it to do all over.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I'll admit, I fell for the marketing regarding this thermometer. In short, I don't like it because I cannot trust its reading. Read morePublished 6 days ago by Scott
We use this same brand medical grade at the hospital , and with my husband on chemo now we needed and accurate thermometer at the house, very pleased with it . Read morePublished 18 days ago by E Loyd
my family has had a very difficult time with this thermometer. It will not slide across your forehead easily, and the temperature always seems to be lower than it should. Read morePublished 19 days ago by Stace23
Great thermometer if you don't want to keep sticking your baby's bum with a rectal one. That being said you really have to follow the instructions on this one to get accurate... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Stray Cat
I purchased this thinking it would save me some time and frustration but it has actually added to it! I get a different reading no matter how I do it. Read morePublished 1 month ago by Kristina J.
Apparently unless you're a medical professional, you can't get this thing to work. I bought this to track my fertility, and after days and days of trying to get it to work in the... Read morePublished 1 month ago by Buttercup TDD
Was exactly what I was expecting. Same brand as most hospitals use.Published 1 month ago by Steve H Jacobsen