Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
Want this professionally assembled?
- Assembly of 1 customer-supplied exercise bike per product instructions
- Moving the bike to a new location is not included
- Typical assembly time of 2 hours
- Removal of packaging materials to customer's bin
- Products requiring additional work may result in an updated estimate from provider
- Pro will contact you within 1 business day to schedule
- Kick back and only pay when the job is done
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Book the service directly on Amazon
- Receive confirmation within 1 business day
- Backed by Amazon's Happiness Guarantee
- Enter your model number to make sure this fits.
- WEIGHT CAPACITY: Up to 300 lbs. Intended to be used on the hard flat floor.
- SEATING COMFORT: Large seat cushion for people of any size, easily adjustable to fit anywhere from 5'3 inch to 6'1 inch users. HEART RATE: Hand Pulse Monitor
- Please tighten the Screws/Bolts to avoid noise during pedaling.
- COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels
- TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. Refer to the manual for troubleshooting steps of Tension system malfunctioning.
There is a newer model of this item:
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
From the manufacturer
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse can be folded up and rolled away when you are finished exercising. It is also designed to support up to a weight capacity of 300 pounds. Features like the 'high torque' 3 piece crank system, magnetic resistance, heart pulse monitoring and a 'double drive' transmission system are all included for a very affordable price.
Product Dimensions and Weight
31L x 19W x 46H inch; 42.8 pounds.
At a Glance
- Heavy Duty Design
- Large Seat Cushion
- Large LCD Display
- 8 Level Magnetic Tension System
- Hand Pulse Sensors
- 3 Piece Crank System
- Space Saving
- 1 year limited warranty
Exerpeutic Therapeutic Fitness
High-Quality Products at Value-Oriented Prices.
Heavy Duty Design
Up to 300 pounds weight capacity. Very easy to get off and on the bike, providing a more a more effective and comfortable workout.
Large Seat Cushion
Large seat cushion for people of any size. Easily adjustable to fit 5 feet 3 inch to 6 feet 1 inch user heights.
Large LCD Display
An easy to read large window (3.3 W x 1.5 H inches) LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and heart rate monitor.
8 Level Magnetic Tension System
An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout.
Hand Pulse Sensors
Hand Pulse Sensors for monitoring your targeted heart rate zone.
3 Piece Crank System
3 piece 'high torque' cranking system provides a smooth and consistent pedaling motion. The precision balanced flywheel and V- belt drive provide a smooth and quiet operation. It will not interfere with watching TV or listening to music.
Folds to ½ the size for storage and can be relocated with the included transportation wheels.
|Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse||ProGear 225 Foldable Magnetic Upright Bike with Heart Pulse||Exerpeutic Workfit 1000 Fully Adjustable Desk Folding Exercise Bike||Fitness Reality Upright Exercise Bike With 21 Computer Workout Programs|
|Weight Capacity||300 lbs||220 lbs.||300 lbs||275 lbs|
|Folded Dimensions||22” L x 20” W x 55.5” H||19" L x 17.5" w x 53" H||21.3" L x 25.5" W x 54” H||-|
|Seat Cusion||Large||Ergonomic Contoured Seat Cushion||2.5" Thick Large Airsoft Seat||Large|
|Special Feature||Space Saving Folding Design||Space Saving Folding Design||Large fully adjustable desktop with forward, back, up and down adjustability for sitting or standing positions along with 3 angle adjustments (0, 16 and 33 degrees), 5 height adjustments (41" to 45")||21 Computer pre-set workout programs. 24 Levels of magnetic tension resistance|
|Fitness Reality X-Class 710 Bluetooth Smart Technology Elliptical Trainer with Flywheel Turbo Drive||Fitness Reality Kids ‘the Ultimate’ 8 Station Sports Series Metal Swing Set||Fitness Reality Kids 7 Station Sports Series Metal Swing Set|
|Featured New Products||44 lbs. Flywheel with Turbo Drive Momentum, Bluetooth Smart Technology App, 20 Preset Workout Programs etc.||Includes Trampoline, Flying Saucer, Swing, Glider, Slider, Monkey Bar, Basketball Hoop with Backboard, Soccer Net etc.||Includes 2 Swings, Glider, Slider, Monkey Bar, Basketball Hoop with Backboard, Soccer Net etc.|
Exerpeutic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike with Pulse can be folded up and rolled away when you are finished exercising. It is also designed to support up to a weight capacity of 300 lbs. Features like the “high torque” 3 piece crank system, magnetic resistance ,heart pulse monitoring and a “double drive” transmission system are all included for a very affordable price. Features: UNIQUE DESIGN: Very easy to get off and on the bike, providing a more a more effective and comfortable workout. WEIGHT CAPACITY: Up to 300 lbs. LEG STABILIZERS: Extended to prevent any movement or tipping when exercising. COMPACT DESIGN: Folds for storage and can moved with the included transportation wheels. TENSION RESISTANCE: An 8 level Magnetic Tension control system, allows the user to adjust the tension level for an easier or more difficult workout. COMPUTER: An easy to read large window (3.3”Wx 1.5”H) LCD display that indicates distance, calories burned, time, speed, scan and heart rate monitor. HEART RATE: Hand Pulse Monitor. CRANK SYSTEM: 3 piece “high torque” cranking system provides a smooth and consistent pedaling motion. QUIETNESS: The precision balanced flywheel and V- belt drive provide a smooth and quiet operation. It will not interfere with watching TV or listening to music. ASSEMBLY: Some assembly required. SAFETTY: Larger pedal design with safety strap prevents any foot slippage when exercising. SEATING COMFORT: Large seat cushion for people of any size. Easily adjustable to fit 5’3” to 6’1” user heights. FOLDING CAPABILITY: The bike will fold to at least ½ the size as when fully assembled, so it is uniquely compact. PRODUCT SET UP DIMENSIONS: 31”L x 19”W x 46”H. PRODUCT WEIGHT: 39 lbs. WARRANTY: 1 year limited
Would you like to tell us about a lower price?
Top customer reviews
I began riding this bike in January, and through semi-regular use, I put 315 miles on it by mid-March. Life got in the way, and I didn't ride again until June 2nd. From that date through early-August, I put an additional 770 miles on. To work toward my fitness and weight loss goals, I adhered to the following 35 minute regimen, six days per week:
I would warm up for five minutes at the easiest resistance on the dial (1 out of 8), followed by medium to high intensity intervals of Resistance 3, 5, 3, 5, 3, 5 for five minutes each. I went hard, got a GREAT workout, and lost 30 pounds in the process. So why am giving a 3 Star Review for such outstanding results? Here's what went wrong:
At 625 miles, the rubber pedal strap (the piece that holds your foot in place) snapped. It's a cheap part, and though I was out of the manufacturer's warranty, I called Exerpeutic [at (844) 641-7921], and their rep was kind enough to send me a new pair of straps free of charge. Shipping took less than a week and the straps arrived in perfect condition.
Around 1,050 miles, the flywheel began to make kind of a whirring and clicking noise at any resistance at or above 5. The flywheel is visible through the top of the compartment it's housed in, and I could see that it began to wobble in there. Previously, I loved that the ride was smooth and whisper quiet.
At 1,075 miles, the pedal strap mount (the piece that holds the strap to the pedal) broke off, and took a chunk of the cheap plastic pedal with it (pictured in my attached image). After that, I used an elaborate contraption made of multiple strips of duct tape to hold my foot on the pedal.
When I bought this bike, I also purchased an exended warranty from SquareTrade, and I'm glad I did! I called them to see what could be done about the flywheel and broken pedal, and the rep that I worked with deemed that the cost of shipping the bike and its repair was prohibitive... and he agreed to refund me the entire value of the product! (You can read my 5 Star review “A+ Customer Service, Very Good Experience, with a Little Bit of a Wait” of that experience here). I asked him what I needed to do with the bike, and he quipped "What everyone else does... use it to hang your laundry!"
To sum up, here are my Pros and Cons of this Exerpeutic Upright Bike:
• Basic console, the original AAA batteries still haven’t worn out
• Sturdy, shake-free ride, even at high speeds/intensity
• Ergonomically sound and comfortable
• Folds-up to save space
• Smooth and quiet
• Simple assembly
• Mileage on the console resets to 0.0 after 999.9 miles, I would have liked five digits
• HUGE proprietary seat, which can’t be swapped out for a standard seat or saddle
• Not durable for more than light to medium intensity rides, a few times per week
• The 9/16ths pedals are cheap pre-molded plastic
• Cheap rubber pedal straps
This is a great bike for those who are just looking to get into stationary cycling, or maintain their current weight. If you’re looking for a piece of equipment that’ll take a lickin’ and keep on tickin’, I’d say you’re better off looking at higher quality (and yes, higher priced) options.
Feel free to leave me a comment or question, I’m happy to add anything else you’d like to know about the product. Thanks for taking the time to read my review, hopefully this information was useful!
Regarding build quality---the bike is made of excellent materials for the most part, and is a solid piece of machinery. The bike is very sturdy and stable when you're cycling. I had never owned a magnetic resistance bike before, so I was a little nervous about the concept. But I am very impressed with the quiet, smooth pedaling action of the bike at all levels of resistance. I am in average physical condition, and the bike provides more than enough resistance at level 4 to 6 (out of 8) to give me a good workout.
The main problem with the bike is the bio-mechanics, i.e. the way your body interacts with the bike. Here are some of the reasons:
1) It is not truly an upright bike (such as a regular road bike). The pedals are too far forward. The bike is a cross between an upright and recumbent bike, however there is no seatback to lean back against. The pedals are so far forward, you are pushing them away from your body to some extent. This may put more stress on your unsupported back. Also, because of the forward pedal position, it is very difficult to get full range of motion (ROM) without being uncomfortable, especially with the extra wide seat. Full ROM is when your legs are almost straight at the bottom of the pedal stroke, but not locked. Full ROM makes any exercise more effective. However people with injuries or joint problems should generally limit their ROM--so this may not be an issue for those people.
2) The seat may be too wide for some individuals, since your legs may not entirely clear the seat on the down stroke and your thighs may rub against the seat. That's one of the main reasons road bikes have narrow seats. I have to sit forward on the seat to be comfortable.
3) The seat gets hard for me after riding for about 30 minutes. The design of this seat is very different than that of a typical road bike seat. The seat is pretty low tech. It's made of a triangular plywood base covered with foam. The foam feels like upholstery grade foam. The plywood base is bolted directly to the seat post, with no shock absorption system. Also the seat is perfectly flat and not contoured to fit your bottom. When I ride the bike for more than 30 minutes (sometimes less) I can feel my "sit bones" sinking into the foam, and my center bottoming out. I'm not saying that will happen to you. It depends on your anatomy and other factors. The rub (pun intended) is that higher tech bike seats are made of firmer materials, including denser rubberized foam that supports your weight better and collapses less. A cushy seat is not necessarily better when it comes to a bike seat.
The bike has some very positive features (including the low price) and seems to work well for a lot of people. I just wanted to point out that there are also some issues to consider. Whether or not these issues affect you depends a lot on your anatomy and how you use the bike.
Hope this revew helps anyone in the market looking for a great product at a great price!
Most recent customer reviews
2 stars = Quiet
3 stars = Simple monitor (Even though it deletes all the info when you stop, it still provides everything else while you're...Read more
The only problem is that the speed calibration is way off.Read more