Amazon Vehicles Beauty STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Limited time offer Wickedly Prime Handmade Wedding Shop Home Gift Guide Father's Day Gifts Home Gift Guide Book House Cleaning americangods americangods americangods  Introducing Echo Show All-New Fire HD 8, starting at $79.99 Kindle Oasis Trade it in. Fund the next. Spring Savings Event on Amazon.com Ellen

Showing 1-10 of 109 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 205 reviews
on November 10, 2012
"Exile On Mainstream" by Matchbox Twenty features many of their top songs that spotlighted the group's talent. "Push", "3 AM', "Bent", and "How Far We've Come" are some of the fun hits on this greatest hits collection. "Exile On Mainstream" by Matchbox Twenty is best for those who like alternative rock and/or at least five songs by Rob Thomas and/or Matchbox Twenty.
VINE VOICEon September 10, 2008
I have everything MB20 has put out (including one of the CDs from the band that came before, Tabitha's Secret and Rob Thomas's solo effort). So obviously I love the old songs but I wasn't prepared for how much I would enjoy the new ones, even though they are few! I'm always amazed at Rob Thomas' songwriting ability. From "These Hard Times":

"Morning falls like rain into the city life
There goes another night
Losing my breath in waves
Knowing that every crash is bleeding the hourglass
And taking the strife from all our lives"

and

"Move your hands in circles
Keeping me hypnotized
The power behind your eyes
Move around your bedroom cursing the naked sky
You should be here tonight
But you stay alone and cry"....

Such evocative imagery in those words! Just love it. And try as I might, I can't get the catchy tune "I'll Believe You When" out of my head.

This CD has been running non-stop for almost two weeks in my car and I'm still not tired of it. I love it so much I bought another copy to send to my son in Germany.

I agree that a true MB20 fan should STILL own copies of "Mad Season", "More Than You Think You Are", "Yourself or Someone Like You" and Thomas' "Something To Be" simply because ALL their songs are worth listening to over and over again. You will NOT be sorry you purchased this CD, even if you DO own all the others.
on April 8, 2017
Good music
on February 22, 2013
Matchbox Twenty is magic and I love everything they do, even the songs that I'm not all that fond of at first listen end up growing on me until I am just as in love with them as all their other stuff.
on May 29, 2015
Can't pass up a great priced Matchbox 20 cd to add to my collection. Love the new and the old songs. I can't listen to Mad Season in earshot of my two year old because she points out he says a bad word (word is stupid, not allowed to call people/things stupid!) ha ha. Love the music though.
on June 24, 2008
I may have been spoiled by previous vinyl albums, however, this album just sounds like someone took a CD and burned it to a vinyl without putting too much effort into it. I wouldn't call it a botched vinyl job. But if you're someone who's seeking a better listen from the vinly (like if you purchased Linkin Park - Minutes to Midnight) you'll be somewhat disappointed with this vinyl as the CD genuinely has a higher quality than the vinyl.

If you're someone who isn't a total audiophile and just wants the vinyl to do whatever it is you want a vinyl for then go for it! The four star rating shows that I would have bought it anyway even if I knew this ahead of time.

Not great quality, but not botched. Great songs!
on December 31, 2013
This is a double cd album containing almost all Matchbox Twenty's early hits. It was a great find for me.
on February 22, 2017
Great group, great music, CD's like new! Be aware this could have fit on one CD. Not the seller's fault.
on November 30, 2007
Other then their first single, "How Far We've Come" this cd was a let down! And I'm a huge Matchbox 20 fan! This was a let down over all though. I think Rob does much better on his own as this new cd lacks emotion. Its almost like he's signing in a trance or maybe it b/c it sounds so repetitive.

The only reason I give it 3 stars is b/c they did include their previous hits. But seriously if they're serious about making a come back they've got quite a ways to go. I was very excited to get the new release and then let down. Please guys find you back and put out a real CD!!!
on April 24, 2017