Hill Climb Racing 2 Industrial Deals Beauty Best Books of the Month STEM nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Digital Albums PCB for Musical Instruments Starting at $39.99 Grocery Handmade Tote Bags Home Gift Guide Off to College Home Gift Guide Book a house cleaner for 2 or more hours on Amazon BradsStatus BradsStatus BradsStatus  Introducing Echo Show Introducing All-New Fire HD 10 with Alexa hands-free $149.99 Kindle Oasis, unlike any Kindle you've ever held Shop Now ToyHW17_gno

Showing 1-10 of 71 reviews(Verified Purchases). See all 93 reviews
on August 25, 2017
I am really enjoying this series. The detail in the descriptions really take you to the locations of the book. The realism mixed with fiction is a great combination which really draws you in as a reader.

The story moved with a fast pace and the attention given to the wounds and damage from the various moments of action also add a touch of reality to everything.

I will definitely be reading book four and look forward to taking a trip to Budapest with ARKANE.
on February 13, 2013
It's been a long time but finally a recomendation from Amazon paid off. I am always looking for a new author and I love this one! I totally recomend this series and am awaiting the next book. The writing is intelligent, the plot fast but believable and the dialogue realistic ( for the most part).Can't go wrong if you are looking for a new author.
on May 25, 2017
Great writer. Great characters and info on biblical history throughout the story. I love archeological thrillers.Ended up buying three more books by same author.
on February 21, 2013
Before reading the third book in the ARKANE series, I went back and reread Pentecost ( Book 1 ) and Prophecy ( Book 2 ) to familiarize myself with what I had read before. Even having read them, I found them a delight to reread, always a mark of a good story to me. Exodus is the third book and continues the story in what I hope is more to come. Very enjoyable reading. I love Joanna's willingness to put in the time to research her story, combining real history with a dash of "what if", so much so that I find myself referencing my Kindle or iPad to visualize the locations and news events mentioned, giving me background beyond her book and heightening my enjoyment. Keep the books coming, Joanna !
on May 15, 2017
Hooked on this series. Just now finishing the last book. Hope there are more to come.
on September 18, 2017
Another great book in the Arkane Series! I'm definitely addicted to this series and Morgan Sierra. I can't wait to continue reading her remaining adventures.
on May 18, 2015
Ark Of Blood and JFPenn have finally convinced me that I have no.business entering any illusions that I might someday write the "Gret American Novel." Her attention to detail and her research are far beyond anything mere humans might hope to achieve. I especially enjoy her comments at the end of her work in which she gives some insight as to how the story was constructed.

The story itself holds the reader's interest until the very last sentence, and upon completion, I immediately purchased One Day In Budapest. I don't know how I can recommend the ARKANE series .more highly.
on January 24, 2013
I've read all three of the Arkane books by this new author. I'm a fairly new reader (1 year) trying to find my genre for reading. This author will remain at the top of my list and I look forward to her future writings. I am impressed how she melds factual history into her story line. Not only researching it, but personally being at many of the areas her books cover. This makes her descriptions of the many places covered in her books less complex to understand and visualize in her writing. I am looking forward to the next installment of Ms Penn's Arkane series with Morgan and Jake (missed him in Exodus):-).
on December 11, 2012
Exodus thrills as the first two books did. Morgan, without a recovering Jake, races to find the Ark of the Covenant against an old adversary to prevent a war that would destroy Isreal. History and fiction are blended together to make this ARKANE adventure. Great descriptive writing gives a great visual of the setting and action. Characters take on different roles and develope more in this book, Morgan on her own, Martin's first field action, Ben guiding and helping Morgan. The nature of religion and man are explored as in the previous ARKANE books. Another great story from Joanna. Looking forward to the next one.
on August 3, 2013
This is the third installment of Ms Penn's ARKANE series and the writing just keeps getting better. Ms Penn did quite a bit of research on the various settings she uses in this novel and she did an excellent job.
Once again, the heroine, Morgan Sierra, takes center stage in this installment and Natasha El-Behereys is the antagonist. Both are seeking the Ark of the Covenant. What the Ark has to do with the novel's title is explained by Ms Penn at the end of the novel.
This was a very good read and while the plot is somewhat predictable, Ms Penn keeps the story moving along with some twists and turns to keep the interest up.
I look forward to her next novel in this series.