- Hardcover: 339 pages
- Publisher: The Guilford Press; 1 edition (March 24, 1989)
- Language: English
- ISBN-10: 0898627400
- ISBN-13: 978-0898627404
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 0.9 x 9 inches
- Shipping Weight: 3.2 pounds (View shipping rates and policies)
- Average Customer Review: 1 customer review
- Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #2,111,788 in Books (See Top 100 in Books)
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Experiential Therapies for Eating Disorders 1st Edition
Use the Amazon App to scan ISBNs and compare prices.
Fulfillment by Amazon (FBA) is a service we offer sellers that lets them store their products in Amazon's fulfillment centers, and we directly pack, ship, and provide customer service for these products. Something we hope you'll especially enjoy: FBA items qualify for FREE Shipping and Amazon Prime.
If you're a seller, Fulfillment by Amazon can help you increase your sales. We invite you to learn more about Fulfillment by Amazon .
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
Excerpt. © Reprinted by permission. All rights reserved.
1. Introduction, Hornyak & Baker. PART I. BULIMIA NERVOSA. 2. Reclaiming the Body: Using Guided Imagery in the Treatment of Body Image Disturbance among Bulimic Women, Kearney-Cooke. 3. Hypnosis, Hypnotizability, and the Bulimic Patient, Pettinati, Kogan, Margolis, Shrier, & Wade. 4. The Use of In-session Structured Eating in the Outpatient Treatment of Bulimia Nervosa, Hoage. 5. Family Sculpting with Bulimic Families, Root. 6. Psychodrama and the Treatment of Bulimia, Callahan. 7. Dance/Movement Therapy with Bulimic Patients, Stark, Aronow, & McGeehan. 8. Art Therapy in the Long-term Psychodynamic Treatment of Bulimic Women, Morenoff & Sobol. 9. Music Therapy Improvisation Techniques with Bulimic Patients, Nolan. PART II. ANOREXIA NERVOSA 10. The use of Metaphor/Poetry Therapy in the Treatment of the Reticent Subgroup of Anorectic Patients, Woodall & Andersen. 11. Structured Eating Experiences in the Inpatient Treatment of Anorexia Nervosa, Sparnon & Hornyak. 12. Anorexia Nervosa: Experiencing the Self through Psychodrama and Gestalt Therapy, Hudgins. 13. Disturbed Body Image in Anorexia Nervosa: Dance/Movement Therapy Interventions, Rice, Hardenbergh, & Hornyak. 14. Art Therapy and Anorexia: Experiencing the Authentic Self, Fleming. 15. Music as a Therapeutic Tool in Treating Anorexia Nervosa, Parente.
Top customer reviews
There was a problem filtering reviews right now. Please try again later.
Looking at all the expressive therapies and experiential techniques offered in this book gives a clinician a range of options in looking for which approach or approaches will help the individual and unique client seeking help.
The book is not new but the suggestions are timeless.
Joanna Poppink, MFT
Los Angeles private practice psychotherapist
author: Healing Your Hungry Heart: recovering from your eating disorder