Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Expert Shield *Lifetime Guarantee* - THE Screen Protector for: Olympus Stylus 1 - Crystal Clear
Amazon Vehicles Fall Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Totes Amazon Cash Back Offer conj2 conj2 conj2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Kiss Rocks Vegas Shop Now

Size: Olympus Stylus 1 - Crystal Clear|Change

on March 11, 2015
1. The anti-glare is so heavy that it creates moire effects that distort the viewscreen and make me wonder if I have things in focus.
2. Couldn't get it to apply without bubbles or dust. Yes, I've used such shields on my phone and camera dozens of times. I know it can be trying to apply a shield free of dust. But this is why every other vender I've encountered includes multiple shields.
3. Speaking of which, had I realized I was only getting 1 shield for $13, I never would've purchase from Expert Shield. I know, it's my own fault for not paying attention. Even so, $13 for perhaps 1 penny's worth of plastic and you can't send even two of them?
on April 21, 2015
I bought two of these - one for my OMD-EM1 and the other for an OMD-EM10. They took ten days or so to arrive here in Australia but that was no longer than I had expected.

The product works just as advertised. The secret to applying them successfully is in the preparation. First, find an area free of dust. I sat in my office chair with my camera facing lens down between my knees. I wiped the LED Screen with the micro fibre cloth very carefully to ensure that it was free of grease and fingerprints. I took some time to have a couple 'practice placings' and before removing the protective strips of film. The Expert Shield fitted like a glove. I had a couple of bubbles at first, but they squeezed out easily with the use a credit card as a squeegee.

I now can't tell that the film is on my camera. It is crystal clear and the touch screen continues to work perfectly
on February 4, 2014
Whatever static cling this shield employs to stick to the lcd caused a few problems.

First, I found that it attracted dust, so I found it impossible to install without several specks appearing under the shield. Like a previous reviewer, I didn't even come close to getting that "can't tell it's there" look.

Plus, it's difficult to remove if you make a mistake, and I eventually ended up bending a corner out of shape and nicked one of the sides with my fingernail. It seems to be a pretty thick sheet of mylar-type material, so once it's bent, it'll never stay completely flat.

I ended up throwing mine out.
on April 21, 2014
I very carefully cleaned the camera screen but while positioning with the back film removed I touched something that left some fuzz on the adhesive. Threw it away. I think they should include 2 sheets.
on May 9, 2015
I'm not sure I understand the negative reviews. Putting screen protectors on takes a little care and patience, but if you apply both (care and patience) this one will more than meet your expectations. I purchased a brand new OMD em-5 Mark II camera. And would not touch it without a screen saver (to preserve the screen, and just in case I needed to return it which I'm not). I'm a great fan of "hard" plastic screen savers like the expert shield vs. the more flexible and soft versions. They offer better protection and actually better touch screen performance. This particular model fits the OMD em -5 II, really well. Sized to fit the LCD flip out unit the full horizontal length and almost the entire vertical width. Since the LCD screen itself is actually smaller than this, a minor error won't matter. The Expert Shield went on fine and the bubbles (there will always be some bubbles) were easily eliminated with the credit card covered by cloth technique that they recommend. The touch screen functions work flawlessly with this screen saver and I can recommend it without reservation. Just be reasonably careful and start with a clean LCD.
on June 25, 2015
Bought this item for my Olympus OM-D EM-5 MK II and all I can say is I'm so glad I can get out and leave the screen facing out the entire time. I don't need to worry about scratching it against my clothing nor do I have to consistently open and close the screen.

A+ on service. A+ on reliability. A+ on easy installment. A+ on shipping. A+ on price.
I haven't tried any other screen protectors but they all seem the same to me..

Installation was pretty easy after having experience with 3 or 4 screen protectors in the past for cellphones, etc. Install in your bathroom to avoid as much dust.
If you get dust in it, place scotch tape on the corner of the film.. lift gently.. use another piece of scotch tape rolled to pick up any dust between the screen and film, and gently let the film roll back into place avoiding more bubbles.
review image review image
on October 29, 2013
I've used static-based screen protectors like these on previous cameras with great results. I all but forget they are on the camera. They are literally invisible once applied. But when you want to take them off, just peel up the corner and they pull away with no evidence they were ever on the camera. Static holds them tightly to the screen.

I ordered this protector for my newly purchased EM-1, and it worked as advertised. Once installed, no visible evidence it is even there and doesn't change the look or function of the touchscreen. You just get protection.

I've seen some cheaper offerings on Amazon...not sure how they compare, but if they need any liquid to apply, steer clear of them. You only want the static adhesive style like these.

Service from this company seems to be a significant step up, at least in their communication. They promise a lifetime guarantee...haven't had to test it. Basically, if you install this thing properly the first time, you will never take it off or even think about it again. It just disappears and goes to work, so although a guarantee is nice, I don't expect to ever need it. Which is a good thing.
on April 26, 2015
I bought a new olympus OM-DE-M10 camera recently and first thing I thought about was protecting it's beautiful screen from dust and scratches. I made my choice on the "expert shield" after some search on amazon's website.
Placing shields on screens is usually a risky procedure as you never end up with a perfectly placed and a bubble less protector or the least you end up with marked fingerprints or bent corners that never stick.
At first I thought of ordering a couple of them just in case if I fail to place one properly then I still could have a second chance after learning lessons from the first try.
Also screen protectors usually won't last for long. But this item was given a lifetime guarantee and was nicely advertised so sure of what was described as being a permanent protection without issues common to other makes.
So I ordered one piece.
I must admit that the fibre tissue supplied did a great job. I carefully cleaned off all dust particles and debris from the surface and actually it was so easy to end up with a clean screen.
This is of paramount importance. The cloth amazingly removed all traces of fingerprint, grease and dust.
The next step was to place down the protector on the screen.
I followed the instructions and to my astonishment it all happened so easily, accurately and perfectly well from the first try.
No bubbles, no misplacement, very accurate size matching my M10 screen, no bent or popping up corners, just no issues at all.
Now I am sure of the rest. Meaning that it really may last and I may not need a second protector. It's surface looks scratch resistant as well, this is important as much as the peel-off resistance is, otherwise you will end up with a scratched surface which will downgrade usability.
Of course time and use will prove that better.
I am greatly satisfied with this product.
on October 5, 2015
Update November 2015.

Contacted manufacturer directly and they sent two screens, one equivalent to the original and one slightly smaller to prevent the corners from lifting through use. I've applied the original again for the time being to see if this one would perform better. Takeaway from this experience is that don't bother attempting to contact the seller via Amazon. Contact the Expert Shield through their website.

Purchased the screen back in April. After staying on perfectly for all of 3 months (no bubble, perfectly aligned), both bottoms started to peel off from the LCD and now bubbles are forming. Emailed the seller, which had solicited me for review almost immediately after my purchase, regarding the issue. Given the description that states "Lifetime Guarantee", I expect response to my complaint, but I have not heard back.
review image
on June 22, 2015
This is my 3rd screen protector for my new EM5 mark II. The first was from a popular phone screen protector. They installed it for me but it still peeled off within a day or two. The second was a generic one that I had to cut. It fit poorly and had terrible clarity. I peeled that one off. The Expert Shield is very clear, cut perfectly, and stays in place despite rubbing on my shirt as I walk etc.