Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your mobile phone number.
Expert Witness: A Josie Bates Thriller (Volume 4) Paperback – March 28, 2012
|New from||Used from|
The Amazon Book Review
Author interviews, book reviews, editors picks, and more. Read it now
Frequently bought together
Customers who bought this item also bought
If you buy a new print edition of this book (or purchased one in the past), you can buy the Kindle Edition for FREE. Print edition purchase must be sold by Amazon. Learn more.
For thousands of qualifying books, your past, present, and future print-edition purchases now lets you buy the Kindle edition for $2.99 or less. (Textbooks available for $9.99 or less.)
Top customer reviews
1. excellent weaving of the main plot and the subplots......(a) captives - Jose and Erika, (b) Hermosa PD - interaaction between Liz and Captain Hagarty, (c) excellent subplot with Hannah, Archer and Sarah Crane, (d) excellent interaction between Liz (Hermosa PD) and LAPD
2. I really liked how Ms Forster used subtitles to always alert the reader where the story was taking place. Clear, concise and well done.
3. One of Ms Forsters main qualities is the ability to introduce characters to the reader and "weave" in the important background of that character in such a manner that the reader understands "why" this character is important to the story.
4. Ms Forster has an uncany ability to weave and maintian subplots without distracting from the main plot. Examples include (a) maintianing the subplot of the captives (Jose and Erika) without distracting from the main plot which is the search for Jose (b) the conflict between Hanah, Archer and Sarah Crane while maintaining the main plot.
5. I really liked how Ms Forster presented the conflicted relationship between Liz and Captain Hagarty. I think this was important to the main story line and enhanced the character of Liz Driscoll.
6. I enjoyed the improved relationship between Hannah and Archer. We could "feel" the improvment in the relationship as well as "read about it".
7. I loved the interaction at the Edleman Children's Court.
8. The A-1 Storage Center saga was excellent - well written, suspenseful and entertaining.
This is an action, legal thriller that will be the "page turner" of the year. I absolutely recommend it with five stars and "two thumbs up".
Forster did a masterful job of giving readers two possible suspects in Josie’s disappearance and keeping both equally viable throughout most of the book. I was fairly sure I knew the real guilty party a little over halfway through, but Forster had me thinking I might be wrong until much later in the story.
She also did a great job balancing scenes in Josie’s POV with those of Archer and some other primary characters. Too many authors give us too much or too little in the victim’s POV.
There’s a bit more ‘in your face’ violence in this book than I recall being in the earlier ones. One character I suspected would play a bigger role in the mystery sort of vanished toward the end of the story. And one important sub-plot was resolved by telling the reader it had been resolved but not how it had been.
The next book in this series is on my ‘To Read’ list.
Most recent customer reviews
Loving the series. Highly recommended. Keep them coming. Looking forward to the next book. Josie and Hannah are great together.